• It's a slice of dark rye bread with butter and chieves. :)
    Rye bread is more common in Middle Europe than white wheat bread ... it's tastier... and healthier... and more substantial. ;)

Oh yes, the one downside to our holiday in England was the bread. Toast is fine for breakfast, but how a nation can survive without any "real" bread will stay a mystery to me. :huh: Just kidding. But when you come from Germany it really is a bit bizarre to discover that there isn't even something remotely similar to what you are used to be the standard in any supermarket or bakery.
    That said - that could be butter on that slice of bread, but here in Germany it could also be "Quark". A dairy product that seems almost equally rare in Britain and the US as dark rye bread. (At least I did gather that much when trying to find the correct translation at Leo.org.) But it tastes even better with chives than butter does. :) I really adore the chives bread, and I hope I can manage to breed me one soon. (And I'll definitely have a few in my evening meal.)

• German "Quark" is also quark in English. But as you said not very common. Here in Austria we say "Topfen". :)
    In my family we often make a spread with Topfen, chieves and other herbs for breakfast and/or supper.

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Oh, wow! I didn't knew that. I knew about the US, England and toast cause I've been to England and heared about US bread but didn't thought about it while I drew the Bread. But while I've been to England I didn't searched for 'Quark' and while I talked to friends who visited both countries 'Quark' never came up.

Yes Chevalier, it's a dark rye bread with 'Quark' and chives. I love that. <3

Sorry for causing confusion. ;)

Oh, wow! Das wußte ich nicht. Ich wusste das mit England, Amerika und Toast, weil ich in England war und viel über amerikanisches Brot hörte dachte aber nicht daran, als ich das Brot zeichnete. Und als ich in England war habe ich nicht nach Quark gesucht und während der Gespräch kam das Thema auch nicht auf.

Ja Chevalier, es soll ein Vollkornbrot mit Quark und Schnittlauch sein. Ich liebe das. <3

Tu mir leid, dass ich Verwirrung gestiftet habe. ;)

• Yeah, I heard that American and British bread are not the best, right after coffee and (American) beer. :P

Some funny videos about a SIGHTLY overwhelmed British girl talking about German bread varieties. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrHJmeT0G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vExyKLmntFc

btw, there are some really good video blogs on youtube from people living abroad talking about the life and culture in the country they are staying.
    I personally like Wanted Adventure - Living Abroad, an American living in Bavaria. :)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Well today I learned something new! I learned all about the differences in Topfen, Quark and Twaróg. There are slight differences besides the names. I did search each one on Google and read their Wikipedia entries. I watched the videos too! :)

Learning something new every day is a good thing. Especially when you are getting old! I need all the help I can get to keep my brain working. :)

• It's a slice of dark rye bread with butter and chieves. :)
    Rye bread is more common in Middle Europe than white wheat bread ... it's tastier... and healthier... and more substantial. ;)

> Alright, now you are all making me hungry. The game should be now called vegetable garden or maybe Food Garden. It's the same feeling when I see those Christmas wreaths in December. Those delicious "seeds" which are baked cookies and those Gingerbread house variant gives the feeling of warmth and sweetness. Now, I want bread with butter, chives, and onions! :P

fgwLQXFL.png

FLOWERGAME WIKI EDITOR - VOLUNTEER

• Aw thanks for explainations ,guys. Guess I've actually never seen that combination before. Well I'm not even sure if I have ever seen those "chives" in Europe as in my memory there's another plant called "chives", which tastes almost the same as "Bear's Galic/Bärlauch". Normally what time are they available?

As for "Quark", I've only seen it in Germany but never in UK. Not sure if it's similar to "cream cheese", which you will normally add for making cakes.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Aw thanks for explainations ,guys. Guess I've actually never seen that combination before. Well I'm not even sure if I have ever seen those "chives" in Europe as in my memory there's another plant called "chives", which tastes almost the same as "Bear's Galic/Bärlauch". Normally what time are they available?

As for "Quark", I've only seen it in Germany but never in UK. Not sure if it's similar to "cream cheese", which you will normally add for making cakes.

As for chives growing in Canada, they are now, I can go out in my garden and pick the green stalks and use them in salads or on potatoes or any dish I wish, they are tasty :)

• While I agree that American "white" bread is dreadful, we are a nation of immigrants and, as such, have the full variety of all the ethnic breads. Dark rye is our family favorite and I make a wonderful Polish cinnamon raisin bread that came down from a friend's grandmother. You just need to find the right bakery, not a supermarket, if you want good bread in America!

Während ich , dass amerikanische "weiß" Brot ist schrecklich zustimmen, sind wir eine Nation von Einwanderern und als solche haben die volle Vielfalt aller ethnischen Brot. Dunkle Roggen ist unser Lieblingshotel der Familie und ich machen einen wunderbaren polnischen Zimt Rosinenbrot , das kam von einem Freund der Großmutter . Sie brauchen nur die richtige Bäckerei zu finden , kein Supermarkt, wenn Sie in Amerika ein gutes Brot wollen!

• I used to only like white. Then I got diabetes, and now I am only supposed to eat whole grain breads. Now I much prefer them, and find white bread boring, unless it's fresh baked.

I've learned that the fluffy white stuff like Wonder Bread is really bad for you. Did you know most bread has sugar in it? It's hard to find bread without sugar in it, but that's pretty much all I buy now.

The really hard, heavy stuff is really good, if you toast it and add some butter. I still don't like dill rye, but that's probably because I don't like dill. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll