Posts by MiaSkywalker

That really would be wonderful. I never managed to get all the variants of either the jacks or the snappy tree stumps last year. There wasn't a lot of time for us to get a chance to try.

I don't think we've had any of the holiday plants this year, though, as the admins may be under a lot of strain in other ways.

We don't really need any new variants - in fact, new variants may just make things too difficult - just a chance to breed and catch drops would be fun enough.

Welcome back! I remember you, the hoopiest frood in the universe. ;)

You may have to redo your signature, getting new view links from your plants. It has changed, but it has been a while, so I don't remember exactly how anymore.

My avatar is a picture of my cats, back when they were kittens. :)

I highly disagree there. We only have so much time on this planet before we're gone. Time is the ultimate non-renewable resource. I understand not everyone has this mentality, but I do.

I think it's the difference between being introverted and extroverted. It sounds like you are more introverted (as am I), and introverts find interacting with other people to be physically and mentally draining. Extroverts are the opposite; they find that interacting with other people exhilarates and energizes them.

Extroverts often really do not understand how difficult it is for introverts to put forth that kind of effort. To them it is easy and effortless, so they think it must be that way for everyone. They also have trouble believing that we are telling the truth when we say how difficult it is; they think we are exaggerating, or straight-out lying, and it's really just that our internal systems are completely different.

I used to be more extroverted (but never very strongly so), but that slowly changed over time. I really find it quite exhausting dealing with people I don't know well, and this was something I wouldn't have understood when I was younger.

Another issue is, each user is only allowed to click on a certain number of other players' plants per day; after that, none of our clicks do anything. It's not that large of a number; I think something like 20 or 30? I don't remember anymore. It became more obvious to us after we had the Abandoned Gardens thread going, because for the first certain number of clicks, we'd be clearing out clouds and/or watering the seeds, and after that, nothing would happen anymore.

Fortunately, that number is NOT tied in with clicking on your own plants. Every 24 hours you can click on each of your own seeds and seedlings and pick up a snail (assuming you've already completely watered the garden and removed the clouds), which speeds up their growing time. That's on a separate counter for your clicks on other players' plants. I think at first it wasn't, but Exterminans fixed it when he realized that.

Oh, and you can only click on a plant in someone else's garden once. Once you've clicked a specific plant, clicking on that plant again doesn't do anything. I think that resets every 24 hours or so, but again, I'm not sure of the timing. You can still click on each of that person's seeds, you just can't click a single seed more than once and have it do anything the subsequent times.

Well, the plants on this site can be watered and have the clouds removed purely by the user playing games; you don't have to have other people click on them to make them grow. It takes a lot of clicks from other people in order to keep a single plant growing, whereas the player can keep their garden growing fairly easily. (I think I need to play four or so games per day to keep my seeds watered and to keep the sun away. Or maybe a few more; I don't really keep track.)

There is the abandoned gardens thread, where we post links to plants and gardens that appear to be abandoned, but players who are active don't really need that.

I'm not sure why we need a click thread, unless you're thinking a click thread for other adoptable sites? There are a few of those already, in the Off Topic forum. Various other games have their own threads; it's a good way for people to know about events on those other sites, as well as to know who else is on them, and a way of exposing your clickables for other players to click them.

I may be misunderstanding what you're asking for. If so, please let me know. :)

That's an idea. Never thought of it before, but on occasion I've wanted to look at someone's garden, and right now you have to kind of go through a bunch of hoops to get there.

I meant that I'd breed the Amaltheans for you, that way you'd have them as 2g. You would just need to let me know which breed you want as mother and father.

Undines aren't that uncommon in the caves, I don't think. I haven't bothered picking any up for a while, but I have quite a few of them.

I'm currently egg-locked, but as soon as some grow up, I can certainly do that for you.

At least two of them are hybrids, fortunately, because there are so many that getting a pair of each right now is impossible. :)

Also fortunately, it looks like these are going to be commons, at least for a while. I couldn't get any at all for the first twenty four hours (I just can't click that fast), but they're still dropping frequently, so hopefully it shouldn't be hard for everyone to get some of each.

It's possible to change, it's just not obvious, and a little hidden.

In the top right of your screen, you'll see a link called "Settings". (In German it's probably different; I only know the English.) It will force you to log in again, I'm presuming in order to protect the user.

There you will see a pull down towards the top, of how to sort it. I usually sort by Species, but I know others who sort by Color. Those two options make it easier to find plants than any of the others.

I could have sworn there was a way to show plants in a list as well, but I don't see it now. I never used it, but others did, so maybe that option is somewhere else.

Yeah, it would be nice. Everyone will occasionally be unable to do it, just because of various things going on in real life. It would be really cool if one year, he makes it so that after you catch all of THAT year's eggs, you can start collecting the next year's. And make it so the whole event lasts an entire week or something. I think I've always caught SOME from each year, but there have been years I didn't have a chance to catch very many.

Lots of people were probably just not thinking of Easter this year, with everything going on.

Try clearing your browser cache, and if that doesn't work, try logging in on a different browser. I'm not guaranteeing that those things will work, but occasionally when I've run into the 500 error on a site, using another browser fixes it.

It's possibly a day or two behind, because of that freeze. That said, maybe the admins could check and make sure things are growing as they should, now that the other was fixed? :)

ETA: I just had two seeds sprout, and two sprouts grow up, so I think things were just frozen for that one day.