I want to remind everyone of several things regarding the Christmas event, which is coming up sometime this month
1) The only way to get a Christmas Star is to breed a Christmas tree with a poinsettia. So stock up on those poinsettias ahead of time! There are 4 variants of the Christmas Star, and they may add another one this year, you never know.
2) There are two variants of Christmas trees that are breed-only. Many of us will release multiple bred seeds in the wild for newcomers, so if you come across a bred seed in the garden and you're new here, don't turn up your nose at it! It's the only way you can get either the burning tree or the Christmas palm tree.
3) There are a total of 7 variants of Christmas trees available, and three of them look very similar. It's not a good idea to assume you have multiples of the same variant until you've magnified the screen and looked at them closely. Also check your compendium. They may very well be different variants!
4) There are currently four variants of the Christmas Wreath, and at least one (the angel) is a breed-only variant. Once again, if you want a full collection of the Wreaths, don't turn your nose up at bred seeds that are dropped into the garden.
5) The New Year event overlaps with the Christmas event, and you can breed Lucky Clovers with White Clovers. I am not sure if any of the Lucky Clovers are breed-only variants, but there might be. None of mine are bred, however, so I don't think there are CURRENTLY any that are breed-only.