What we are working on / Woran wir arbeiten

• Hello,

We wanna inform you that we are currently working on a new version of flowergame with a lot improvements and features. Since our game lives for our community we wanna invite YOU to be part of this new version. We created a small survey you can fill out to help us to understand what you like and what you don't like with the current version. You can also tell us what you wish to see in a new version. You also have the possibility to apply for testing (We are gonna select a small group of testers as soon as we have something ready to show) to make the new version as solid and community friendly as possible.

To the survey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

Wir wollen euch wissen lassen, dass wir momentan an einer neuen Flowergame version arbeiten, welche viele verbesserungen und neuerungen enthalten wird. Da unser spiel von unserer Community lebt wollen wir DICH dazu einladen part von dieser neuen Version zu sein. Wir haben eine kleine Umfrage erstellt, welche du ausfeullen kannst, damit wir besser verstehen was du an der aktuellen Version magst bzw. nicht magst. Du kannst uns auch mitteilen, was du gerne in einer neuen Version sehen willst. Ausserdem hast du die moeglichkeit dich als tester zu registrieren (wir werden eine kleine gruppe tester auswaehlen, sobald wir die ersten features fertig haben), um die neue Version so gut und Community freundlich wie moeglich zu machen.

Zur Umfrage

• Just to clarify a number of points:

• The graphic style and most design elements will stay the same with the refactoring. However, we have the chance to remodel about anything on the logic part.
    • We do not intend to make Flowergame a payed game. Yet we still want to know what would be considered "acceptable" rewards for donators and what not. There will be no micro transactions or similar things at all, ever.
    • We actually do have plans to add more elements to the game, e.g. a crafting system, some type of ingame message system and a bunch of other social features. And we are now open to suggestions since the corresponding systems are not fully designed yet.

Features we can confirm already:

• (Almost) free placement of most items and plants in gardens
    • Crafting

• Get resources from minigames, daily interactions with flowers and other events
      • Craft decorations and auxiliary items from resources
    • Secure trading system

• Offer ->, Counteroffer <-, Confirmation ->
      • Only on a private base, there will be no global exchange
      • Gifting still remains an option
    • "Timeline" on your personal garden page

• Notifications on flower growth
      • Personal messages from other users
      • Visitor counter
    • More minigames, regular ones and smaller ones for interacting with plants
    • Larger, alternate graphics for selected plants

• Whenever you place a flower in a garden, you will be able to choose between all the different sizes (color is still fixed)
      • Additional conditions must be fulfilled to unlock the larger stages. The regular adult phase only unlocks the regular 50x50 graphic
    • Large, new point&click adventure
  • The question about ad removal reminded me to ask - would it be possible to have ads on the forum?
    I can't pay for ad removal at the moment (so I answered no although I'd like having the option) but I'd like to use adblock in my garden and still contribute a little by having ads on the forum instead. I hope this makes sense. :P

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I like flowergame just as it is right now. I really would dislike exclusive features for paying users. What I wouldn't mind are some more banner ads or some ads on the board, if that could prevent paid features. I switched my adblocker off for flowergame, so ads are shown

I agree with this! While some of the new features sound fun, I really hope we don't end up with something where those who pay can get flowers that others can't. That's why I've never joined certain sites, and why I quit sites like Neopets. While I don't mind buying something occasionally, at the moment I'm going back to graduate school so don't have a job. I'd rather have ads on the site and even view active ads to help you out, but I can't afford to pay a monthly fee.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I wanna give a comment on pay features as well. From our perspective (developer and distributer) we are loosing money for running this game. We have to pay the server the domain and we ha email to spend a lot time creating new content and supporting the game. We tried out a donation system as requested by a lot users but we just received two donations so far. Advertising is not the only solution we can count the own (revenue is not enough) so that's why we have to look into new solutions to finance the game (it is not about getting rich. We are far away from that). It is not fair if a lot people point a pistol at us and say that they gonna stop playing if we try to survive. If anyone has better ideas how we could get at least the money to operate the game (and pay back a little bit of our time) please let us know. But don't point a gun at us for figuring out a way to keep that game running.

• I don't think anyone wants to pressure You into keeping this running as it is right now if You lose money with it, but thats the way the cookie crumbles, people can't pay money they don't have. If I were more affluent I would gladly pay something, just for the fun this game provides..
    I just hope You can balance it out and it will remain playable for non paying users.

• Actually, that DOES cause them to lose money when someone uses an ad blocker. Or at least, they're not getting the revenue the ad should generate.

Question for the admins, then - if we click on ads occasionally, will that help you at all? I'd be glad to do something like that to help you out. I don't have income at the moment to be able to help with the site (sorry - I'm a poor starving graduate student right now!), but I'd like to help in other ways if I can.

I do understand if you need to do something to generate income to keep things running. I think there were suggestions at one point a couple of years back, like paying players get an extra pot or can do something once a day to speed up growth. There ARE people willing to donate for those reasons. I wouldn't be able to, but I wouldn't mind if someone else could do it.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Question for the admins, then - if we click on ads occasionally, will that help you at all? I'd be glad to do something like that to help you out. I don't have income at the moment to be able to help with the site (sorry - I'm a poor starving graduate student right now!), but I'd like to help in other ways if I can.

We are not allowed to ask users to click on ads, as this would violate the TOS of our ad provider.

And just for clarification: We do not intend to lock any essential part of the game away. We are just looking for ways to make donations more appealing for those who have the ability to donate. Something which clearly distinguishes them as supporters and encourages others to do the same.

• Eventually opened that page and filled the survey. I'm not good at doing structural questions but I tried my best to fill in every single line.

I really looking forward to those new features. xD Thank you for letting us know!

For the bone of contention, sorry for it but I personally hate games which have pay-only things(maybe due to really bad experiences from some other online games), especially for pay-only items like special breed. And as same as Mia, that is the main reason I quite some online games. I oppose privileges. However I do can understand it if you need it to keep the game running ,which is even acceptable to me. Instead of actually paying for it (which is definitely out of my league), I'm willing to help you as much as possible. :) So Admins, please don't feel bad about this and I will NEVER blame you. And I'm sorry I really don't know any better way to solve(or at least reduce) this issue yet.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Paying to eliminate ads from while free players still get ads is a pretty standard way to generate more income on most browser games I've played. And I've played a lot. I really would object to content that is restricted to paying players, but I think it wouldn't be too much to make the sun and water reduce more slowly and/or give a bigger watering can that fills with the minigames and can be used to one-click water each plant on its page instead of having to clickity-click. Would be even better if it would water your whole garden as long as you'd played enough games to get enough water in the can for it. I also wouldn't be averse to allowing paid players to search (regular only) species and receive a whole wild garden page (or list if that's not possible) from which to randomly pick a seed of that species. If the only plant I don't have is the new monthly version, I might have to refresh the Wild Garden page repeatedly to find one. Maybe the daily amount of help you could give to and receive from other players could also be increased (more trees to bend, more snails to chase off daily).
    Time-saving and work-saving advantages that give benefits to daily play are the way to go in giving players "perqs" for subscribing. Restricted content for free players only creates resentment and a sense of less importance. I know people are willing to pay for faster, easier daily play and don't necessarily need "exclusive" plants to get them to part with their money. Perhaps you could also offer two different pay levels--one to just put the kibosh on ads, the other a bit more expensive to get you the daily "easy-click" play.

• salvete,

die Umfrage ist über beide Links in englisch. Doch was nützt eine Umfrage? Bisher habe ich erlebt, dass ihr genau nur das tut, was ihr für richtig haltet und auf User-Bedarf mitunter sogar unbeschadt vorheriger Zusage nicht einmal verbal eingeht. - Ich erinnere nur an meine simpel realisierbate Bitte, im Wiki die Bediengrafiken rechts bei hovern / nicht hovern gleich zu setzen. Ich bediene nun mal definitiv nichts, das sich unter der Maus verändert. Was soll solcher Krampf? *kopfschüttel* Ist doch klar, dass ich dort aufhören musste.

Weiterer *Floh*kram ist das JS-gesteuerte Verhalten des Forums. OK, ihr persönlich mögt ungemütliches. Die allermeisten User ertrgen lästiges in stummer Demut. Allerdings sind definitiv nicht alle so. Ich habe zu befürchten, dass mich die neue Version des Spiels kompromisslos verprellen wird.

Nun, zum ansich total herrlichen Advents-Event hatte ich in 2 Folgejahren darauf hingewiesen, dass das ständige Auf- und Abhüpfen der Seite bei längeren und kürzeren Texten extremunangenehm und nervös machend ist. Man las nicht mal einenn Kommentar dazu. Es wäre doch gar kein Problem, Container mit fixer Höhe zu kreieren. - Derzeit denke ich nicht, dass ich mich auf künftige Advertures *vorfreuen* darf.

Die große Feature-Liste kann ich teilweise nur erraten. Soll deutsch gar nicht mehr gepflegt werden?

Ihr weist auf zu wenige Donation hin? Das wäre ansich absolut kein Thema. Ich nutze wie vor langer Zeit gesagt Online-Banking und bin wirklich sehr stützungsbegeistert für das einzige in der usability angenehm und unverkitscht spielbare Spiel. Nun, s. oben, die Entwicklung gefällt nicht. Und massivst schwerwiegend: Ihr habt die querty-Stolperfalle mutwillig gelegt und darin auch noch das Sammeln der Pflanzen aus dem Wilden Garten eingeschlossen. Welcher Charakterzug soll uns Usern mit derartigem vermittelt werden? Solange derartiges besteht, werde ich definitiv nicht donaten.

Mein hoffentlich bescheidenes Anliegen wäre indes, dass alle Hilfs- und Zusatztexte (ansich babyeinfach) mit eigener CSS versehen werden. Als begeisterter Klassk-Spieler mag ich grafisch spielen und nicht stets immer die gleichen Texte lesen. Es wäre ein wirklich schöner Zug, wenn die Texte blendbar geschaltet würden.
    Ferner vermisse ich die Zusage, dass bei erteilten Donate für definierte Zeit keine Werbung eingeblendet wird.
    Zum berechtigt enttäuscht sein lasen wir auch weitere Posts, auf welche allerdings niemand aus dem Team eingehen wollte.

Was ist denn los? Wo fehlt es? Ich verstehe seit langem... nichts. *betrübt sei*

[align=center]

• Ferner vermisse ich die Zusage, dass bei erteilten Donate für definierte Zeit keine Werbung eingeblendet wird.

Das kann ich so bereits jetzt fest zusichern, und zwar bereits für den kleinstmöglichen Betrag.

Zu den "hüpfenden Texten" und Icons: Das gehört leider zu den Punkten auf die wir nur bedingt Rücksicht nehmen können. Hier im Forum und im Wiki ist das mit deutlichem Aufwand verbunden sich in die entsprechenden Script ein zu lesen und die Funktionen zu deaktivieren. Und leider leidet darunter dann auch direkt der Bedienkomfort für andere Nutzer wenn wir die Effekte einfach so komplett deaktivieren.

Was Spielinhalte betrifft werden wir versuchen darauf zu achten, aber auch dort werden wir nicht ganz um den Einsatz von JS für verschiedene Zwecke darum herum kommen, nicht ohne für andere User unnötig lange Klick-Folgen zu erzwingen.

• Danke Exterminans.

"hüpfenden Texte" betreffen allerdings ausschließlich das Spiel. Da wäre das Adventsspiel und später ggf. die Adventures. Wenn am gleichen Platz NPC-Dialoge 1, 2 oder 3 Zeilen hoch werden, könnte doch der Sprechcontainer fix auf 3 Zeilen Höhe eingestellt werden? Dann wackelt definitv rein gar nix.

Die Button rechts im Wiki? Es betraf z.B. Bleistift und Bleistift auf einem Zettel (also nur sinnlos unnötige, nervende Änderung unter der Maus). Man kann ein Icon wegwefen, das andere kopieren und umbenennen. An den Scripten wäre nichts zu ändern gewesen. Die Funktion bliebe unverändert erhalten. Das Bildverzeichnis hatte ich genannt. Und in den auszutauschenden Textconfig-Seiten hatte ich nur weniges ausgetauscht, das dann eleganter zu lesen gewesen wäre. Also auch kein Afferchen. - Der Einfachheit halber wäre es sowieso günstiger gewesen, von vornherein eine bodenständige, nicht hover-verspielte Version zu wählen. Sowas mögen tatsächlich nur verspielte kleine Kinder. Wie lange lebt man in einem solchen Alter?

JS ist nichts schädliches sondern kann sehr hilfreich eingesetzt werden. Ich spach von nervenden Effekten wie Tooltips und Vorschauen beim Hovern. Seitenzahlen und diverse Button sind hier im Forum ohne hovern gar nicht vorhanden. - Ein Forum, bei dem man mit der bewegten Maus sucht, ob und wo etwas bedienbares vorhanden ist? - Die Kindergartenzeit ist tatsächlich zumindets für mich schon seit ein paar Wochen vorbei ;) . - Ich besuche fleißig genügend andere Foren. Keines von denen wurde auf eine derart sinnfrei kitschig nervende Version umgestellt. Wieso wohl? Vielleicht möchte man neutralerweise alle User unbeschwert erreichen können, wie es seit Urzeiten guter Brauch ist?

[align=center]