Flowers/plants have line above them

• I have recently noticed that the plants in my garden have this little line above them, whereas if you put the in your sig, they don't. I was wondering if it could be fixed - I don't remember seeing the line before, so there must be some setting or something that has been changed in the last week or so. See the example below:

But if you look in my signature, those lines aren't there. It's like it's the bottom of each image being shown at the top.

• I've noticed that too. The lines in the images on the greenhouse page, that is. I thought there was something wrong with the image, but since it doesn't happen in your sig, as you say, maybe it's a CSS problem.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I have the latest version of Fire Fox. It happens only on specific variants. For instance, only one of the Christmas Tree variants shows the dots, the others are all fine.

I just noticed something. If I scroll very slowly on the page, the dots appear and disappear as I scroll. Sounds like it's a CSS issue with the padding in each row (or the margins between the rows), so where there's a tiny gap, we're seeing the background image. I'm betting that those who are not seeing the dots either don't have the bright green leafy background image, or haven't tried slowly scrolling their page.

An easy CSS fix is to set the background color for the div that contains the table to white. Then the dark dots will no longer show.

Edit: I think those of you not seeing them are only showing one plant per row, not 8 plants per row.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

Edited 3 times, last by MiaSkywalker (February 22, 2014 at 11:17 PM).

• I think someone has been working on it. There are no longer lines/dots above the yellow snapdragon which truelinor posted, or the gingerbread house that I mentioned. :D
    Most noticeable now are the mainly red pansies and the rounder purple ones ;)

• The strange thing to me is, it wasn't this way before, so someone must have inadvertently messed up the code in the past week or so. It's very easy to do (mess it up) - I've certainly have done it loads of times. lol

I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

• But nothing was changed on the corresponding code in the last week...

Well, I actually found out how to replicate it reliably in FF and how to fix it on the user side. If it happens, press Ctrl+0. What actually happened, is that you accidentally zoomed in and there appears to be an error in the zoom behavior of Firefox, pressing Ctrl + 0 will reset zoom level to 1x. I could not trigger the bug in other browsers.

Unfortunately, zoom behavior is something I have no control over, that's only up to the browser.

(Technical detail: There appears to be a rounding error somewhere, since background image, html and background offsets are scaled independently upon zooming, and one of these rounds different from the others.)

• The strange thing to me is, it wasn't this way before, so someone must have inadvertently messed up the code in the past week or so. It's very easy to do (mess it up) - I've certainly have done it loads of times. lol

I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

It's not just the last week. I've noticed them for a while, probably since we went to the 4 seed width in the greenhouse. Doesn't bother me though.

• Ah, good. I think I have my browser zoomed out for certain things I do. Like you, I do web development, and I often have to see large areas of the screen at once. I didn't realize Firefox had this bug. Interesting, since in general it's less buggy than other browsers.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Firefox and mobile Safari appear to need a single pixel as safety margin. IE8 requires even more.