Pedigree-Fan-Club/Stammbaum-Fan-Klub

• When I try for the breed-only variants, I used to deliberately use different variants for the parents. Now I try to use the same variant, but either way can look good for a third gen if you do it right. Unfortunately, that's where it generally breaks down for me. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I am just... SO happy with how this little one's lineage turned out:

http://flowergame.net/lineage/176224

Wow! I love lineages of seasonal flowers! Yours is totally cool!

I'm quite fond of this lineage

http://flowergame.net/lineage/150133

Wow a symetric lineage. Great! How did you figure out to get them stand left and which right? Is it the abaut which flower you choose first? :/ :)

74637.png69634.png72388.png- ---..- .. . ...........1080348.png1080247.png1080193.png1079789.png
    Flowergame-Name: Sahra - - - - - - - - ---- -- Please help them growing/Bitte hilf ihnen zu wachsen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ----- - -- - -  :thumbup: Thank you/Danke

• Wow! I love lineages of seasonal flowers! Yours is totally cool!

Wow a symetric lineage. Great! How did you figure out to get them stand left and which right? Is it the abaut which flower you choose first? :/ :)

I was trying for the end result because they are bred, was trying to be creative so the lineage was as pretty as the end result

• The trick is in the plant's numbers (and ages). When two plants are bred together, the lower numbered plant will always be on the left in the resulting seed/plant's lineage. So if you breed plants #12 and #8, and get plant #150, you will have #8 to the left of #12 on the lineage. Now, things can get tricky because if you breed #150 with plant #103, whose parents are #27 and #32, you will have #103 to the left of #150, which means that on the row below them, the plants will be ordered as #27, #32, #8, #12, even though #27 and #32 are obviously larger numbers.

That's what can make it confusing at times if you're trying to do symmetries and patterns, because (unlike, say, Dragon Cave) the plants don't have "male" and "female" identities or positions on their family trees, and are instead arranged by which plant is younger and which is older. So if you have a marvel fern whose parents are arranged with the male fern on the left and the marvel on the right, and you mate it with a male fern whose parents are arranged the same way, you might not get the pattern you expected and wanted if that male fern mate is actually older than your marvel fern. (And that's why, whenever I can, I like to mate two plants of the same variation to each other. Then it doesn't matter which one is older. :) )

• The trick is in the plant's numbers (and ages). When two plants are bred together, the lower numbered plant will always be on the left in the resulting seed/plant's lineage. So if you breed plants #12 and #8, and get plant #150, you will have #8 to the left of #12 on the lineage. Now, things can get tricky because if you breed #150 with plant #103, whose parents are #27 and #32, you will have #103 to the left of #150, which means that on the row below them, the plants will be ordered as #27, #32, #8, #12, even though #27 and #32 are obviously larger numbers.

That's what can make it confusing at times if you're trying to do symmetries and patterns, because (unlike, say, Dragon Cave) the plants don't have "male" and "female" identities or positions on their family trees, and are instead arranged by which plant is younger and which is older. So if you have a marvel fern whose parents are arranged with the male fern on the left and the marvel on the right, and you mate it with a male fern whose parents are arranged the same way, you might not get the pattern you expected and wanted if that male fern mate is actually older than your marvel fern. (And that's why, whenever I can, I like to mate two plants of the same variation to each other. Then it doesn't matter which one is older. :) )

WoW!!! I didn't know that. Thank you very much! I am curious to try that out and make a cool new lingage. :)

74637.png69634.png72388.png- ---..- .. . ...........1080348.png1080247.png1080193.png1079789.png
    Flowergame-Name: Sahra - - - - - - - - ---- -- Please help them growing/Bitte hilf ihnen zu wachsen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ----- - -- - -  :thumbup: Thank you/Danke

That is very interesting - I guess you found it out through trial and error? You know what we need to do? We need to put this information somewhere on the wiki!

• It's already there, under the FAQ page in breeding part:

When I breed two different variants, by which order will they look in lineage?
    The one with the lower number always appears on the left side.

I added it right after Exterminans answered in FAQ on this forum:

The one with the lower number always appears on the left side.

Although it's no as detail as Adrath's post. And I only considered the second generation(?Is it the right word for plants?!).

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• I just found a pedigree that I'm rather proud of - considering I didn't know I was making it! Tell me what you think. :)

http://flowergame.net/lineage/176879

WOW!!!! That is a really cool one! Congratulations!!! :thumbup: I love it!!! :love: Would there be a chance to borrow it for breeding in the X-Mas-Time?

(((A little "But psst!": You didn't know you was making it, because it seems that you have found it in the wild garden (the parents are at Tawanda's garden) :whistling: ^^ )))

• WOW!!!! That is a really cool one! Congratulations!!! :thumbup: I love it!!! :love: Would there be a chance to borrow it for breeding in the X-Mas-Time?

(((A little "But psst!": You didn't know you was making it, because it seems that you have found it in the wild garden (the parents are at Tawanda's garden) :whistling: ^^ )))

You know? I just went to one of the parent's "home" garden and realized that. It figures I didn't do it! Well, well done, Tawanda! :thumbup:

As far as borrowing it for breeding - I guess so - I would want to breed it too, but I think there is probably time for two, right?