Christmas Plants in the Wild Garden Now

• Sorry, I've been spending less time online recently and have just been watering plants and leaving. I've found this year that breeding Stars with Poinsettias gets you Poinsettias about 50% of the time. I hadn't remembered that, but I think that may be why I always bred trees x Poinsettias to get Stars in the past (or it's a change that stars are a breedable plant or I had it in my mind that stars weren't directly breedable to get stars cause I got Poinsettias from my attempts at breeding them). I have no stars that are from the WG, not even from past years (back to 2011). All mine are bred, so perhaps finding them in the WG was a change from the last Christmas I was here a few years ago.

As far as I remember, Christmas was always most of December because of the need to breed more than one generation of plants to get the Stars. My oldest Christmas tree is from Dec 27, 2011 because it was my first year, but the 2012 trees start from Dec 7 and there's one year in there where trees were shown being gotten from breeding in mid-to-late January (perhaps an error). The New Year's plants are very short-lived, though. More like Halloween for them, maybe even shorter.

Poinsettias are in the WG all year and can be bred to each other all year, so any time you have empty pots and no goal in mind, just raise poinsettias. Try to have at least 8 so you can breed continuously through the cooldowns (but you'll need more if you get flunks from star x poinsettia).

HOLY SMOKES! The lucky clovers are breedable now if you have some from past years. Of course, you must breed them to plain white clovers (add those to your plain plants you need to breed special ones list). I just now saw the "breed" link on them while checking for pickup dates (they are all Dec 30 and Dec 31, just FYI). I haven't seen any in the garden as wild seeds yet, though. They look like little green striped rockets with red cones.

Edited 6 times, last by froglady (December 14, 2023 at 10:51 PM).

• I just went through my Christmas trees that had not been bred recently, and bred them to poinsettias, resulting in a bunch of Christmas Stars . And since my pots were full, they all got dumped into the Wild Garden.

Good luck to everyone.

1123222.png    1122493.png      1123873.png     1118664.png            

• HOLY SMOKES! The lucky clovers are breedable now if you have some from past years. Of course, you must breed them to plain white clovers (add those to your plain plants you need to breed special ones list). I just now saw the "breed" link on them while checking for pickup dates (they are all Dec 30 and Dec 31, just FYI). I haven't seen any in the garden as wild seeds yet, though. They look like little green striped rockets with red cones.

Thank you, I've been wondering if I should grab another round of Christmas stuff today (would sprout on 27) or if I should leave them open for New Years. I guess I could just toss them back to the garden if New Years stuff comes up earlier.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas / holiday of your region of the world! <3

• Does anyone know if the fireworks have breed-only colors? In past years, I've picked up 6 of them from the Wild Garden, but all 6 grew up into the same color. Just wondering if that was random chance and I should keep grabbing seeds, or if I should breed mine instead...

1122251.png 1122282.png 1122285.png

• Thank you very much for growing the star of Christmas, I empty all four pots today and also found four of your Christmas stars:)

I am happy that people are picking up the Christmas Stars.

And I am happy that my bred Christmas Trees and Texas Bluebells completed the missing ones. I no longer have question marks after those plants.

1123222.png    1122493.png      1123873.png     1118664.png            

• Are you sure they gave you fireworks? Because the clover "seeds" look like green and white-striped rockets and the fireworks look like red sticks of dynamite, so the names can be confusing. I haven't tried breeding the lucky clovers yet, so would be interested to know if they truly do give fireworks.

As for varieties, we used to run a trade/giveaway thread after holidays to help people get the varieties we had extra that they might need. It works best if people post the ones they want to give and let others ask for them, otherwise people requesting might get multiple ones that others might like to have. Once you've made a connection, you just send them the "gift" link in a PM.

• Yes - I dumped several of them.

Here's one I kept:

1120330.png

And the other: 1120332.pngBoth fireworks to lucky clovers. I bred the rest of my lucky ones to white clovers and got white clovers :(

I also have two lucky clovers from the garden - both parentless.

FLOWERGAME WIKI EDITOR - VOLUNTEER

1119257.png 1119254.png 1119255.png 1119256.png 1118929.png 1118928.png 1118932.png 1118900.png

• As for varieties, we used to run a trade/giveaway thread after holidays to help people get the varieties we had extra that they might need. It works best if people post the ones they want to give and let others ask for them, otherwise people requesting might get multiple ones that others might like to have. Once you've made a connection, you just send them the "gift" link in a PM.

Did you mean this thread, by the way ? It seems till to be running - I have got a few things there in my time...

board.flowergame.net/thread/49/

FLOWERGAME WIKI EDITOR - VOLUNTEER

1119257.png 1119254.png 1119255.png 1119256.png 1118929.png 1118928.png 1118932.png 1118900.png

• Oh, I'm so glad to see it still there. I used it mostly for giving away extra holiday plants, as all others can be gotten with patience, but if I have a bunch of the newest flower trying to get all the variants I liked to give them, too.