How do I breed my flowers?

• Hi, I only just joined Flowergame and some of my flowers have grown up. When I went to breed them however, it said, 'only healthy, mature plants you own can be used for breeding'. What does this mean? I tried to make sure all my plants were watered adequately and I've posted them on sites I use :( Can anyone tell me what's going on and what I can do? I've been on Dragon Cave for ages and I've never had this problem...
    My garden- http://flowergame.net/garden/8301

My Garden :

My Scroll:

• Hello and welcome to the game!
    As for breeding you need to have 2 grown up plants of the same breed. Two roses for example.You can't breed a rose and another plant like a Tulip together.The colour is not relevant for breeding. So you don't need 2 pink roses. but can breed a pink to a yellow one.
    And there are some special event plants that can only breed during the according event time.Next are the easter eggs.You can always check out the News section.Breeding times for events are anounced there.
    I hope this helps. :)

• Hello and welcome to the game!
    As for breeding you need to have 2 grown up plants of the same breed. Two roses for example.You can't breed a rose and another plant like a Tulip together.The colour is not relevant for breeding. So you don't need 2 pink roses. but can breed a pink to a yellow one.
    And there are some special event plants that can only breed during the according event time.Next are the easter eggs.You can always check out the News section.Breeding times for events are anounced there.
    I hope this helps. :)

Thanks so much, I understand now :) I don't have any two types of the same flower so that's probably why I can't breed any flowers. I'll check out the news on here to see if my plants are breedable too. Just another question though, why is it that the breed action doesn't come up on my plant's pages?

My Garden :

My Scroll:

• Glad i could help! :)
    With the "Breed" action it's the same reason.It will show up as soon as you have two plant of a kind that are able to breed together.
    As long as you only have one plant of a breed you don't get that option.Just collect a few more flowers and you can breed just fine! ;)

• If they are a species that can breed the breed action will only show when breeding is possible, i.e. if you have 2 fully grown plants of the same species* and the plant hasn't bred in the last seven days.
    When the breed action shows it will bring up the list of plants available for breeding with that particular one.

* At certain times you can breed with a different species, xmas, valentines etc. These will show on your breed list when the action has been activated.

• To expand on blobber's post: Heart of Valentine's plants (the flower we get for Valentine's Day) can be bred with Bleeding Hearts during the Valentine's Day event. (It usually lasts a week or two.) At Christmas time, you can breed Christmas trees together AND during a specific period, you can breed Christmas trees with poinsettias to get a Christmas Star flower. During one of the summer events (can't remember which one) you can breed Marvel Ferns with male ferns to get Marvel Ferns. The rest of the year you can breed the Marvel Ferns with a male fern, but you will always get a male fern and not a Marvel.

A lot of times we check to see if an event has started by seeing if the breed option has begun on the appropriate plant. I checked about an hour ago and the bunnies don't yet have the breed action, so the Easter event hasn't yet started. (I was just getting impatient and jumping the gun - it's not supposed to start until tomorrow. :))

Oh, and you can only breed a given plant once every 7 days, then that particular plant has to wait a week before breeding again. This becomes important during some of the holiday events, particularly Christmas, because there are two different breed options. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• ^^Thanks for all the advice, I understand a lot more about how to breed my plants now :) So can bunnies be bred now then?

Clara, I have a feeling you've signed up after it was announced, but when an event is starting, or even just to give us a 'heads up' on the dates when an event is going to take place, the admin or super moderator will make that announcement. When they do, the word "News" in the upper left hand corner of your flowergame account turns red. The announcements can be reached by clicking "News" and then the "Read more..." - which is the thread blobber's referred to - Aprilnews:

Not yet. April dates are here: Aprilnews

• Occasionally they've forgotten though. :) They do have to turn on events manually, or at least they used to, so occasionally an announcement will get lost. It's always best to check for yourself on the dates listed in the news items that they send out in advance. Generally they send those out at least a few days in advance, so we have warning if we want to make sure we have pots open.

I just checked, my bunnies still don't have the breed option, so it hasn't begun yet. I can't wait! :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• You won't see bunnies in the garden, but you will see easter eggs. They grow up into bunnies.

They're kind of yellow with a red ribbon on them. If you click the link in my sig to my garden, I have four, so you can see what they look like.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• The red text (News[number]) should be on your game site profile, not forums. But the news was posted on 03/26/14 and 04/02/14, I am not sure if they are in red text now, even if they are unread. Once you read the news, it turns into green text as Forum and Support. <3

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• You won't see bunnies in the garden, but you will see easter eggs. They grow up into bunnies.

They're kind of yellow with a red ribbon on them. If you click the link in my sig to my garden, I have four, so you can see what they look like.

Thanks, I found some in the garden and I've adopted them now, I can't wait to see how they grow up :D

The red text (News[number]) should be on your game site profile, not forums. But the news was posted on 03/26/14 and 04/02/14, I am not sure if they are in red text now, even if they are unread. Once you read the news, it turns into green text as Forum and Support. <3

Okay, I checked and mine was red, but once I'd looked at it, it went back to green again(:

My Garden :

My Scroll: