Just curious- Why did you chose this username?

• QQ as in instant messenger? NO, I had to look that up *g*.
    I meant desktop like in some people sitting togewther at a tabele and playing.. ah.nno.. tabletop would be the right word I guess. I did rping via computer some 10 years ago in a fantasy wrestling fed, but usually I have a stack of bocks full of rules and one or more people sitting around *g*,

• QQ as in instant messenger? NO, I had to look that up *g*.
    I meant desktop like in some people sitting togewther at a tabele and playing.. ah.nno.. tabletop would be the right word I guess. I did rping via computer some 10 years ago in a fantasy wrestling fed, but usually I have a stack of bocks full of rules and one or more people sitting around *g*,

Yes it is an IM, similar to ICQ but more developed. Uhm sorry I confused you with Georgexu94(I don't know why!). QQ is very common here, almost everyone has an QQ account. I don't think it is famous outside China, though it does has an international version.

We establish a specific group on QQ,then begin our games,of course through the Internet. So I guess it belongs to neither forumstyle nor tabletop. Does tabletop mean that people are required to meet each other in real life?

-Currently learning German-
    <3

Edited once, last by Shelybear (March 15, 2014 at 5:43 PM).

• I like meeting people. That's what I actually do when I am travelling( I mean, meeting people who lives in there but known via Internet).
    Yeah internet is plain, and false. It loses everything but text. Surely you can have voices via Skype but it is absolutely not the same as meeting people in real word. Body language makes things more interesting and vivid.

<3

• I'm not into RPG myself, but my husband regularly plays with a group of friends through Google Hangout (voice+video), using Roll20 for game stats. They wouldn't meet to play otherwise, because one player lives in another part of the country and another has a small child. And it seems to be working quite nicely for them.

• OK, I just have to ask this. I'm not into roleplaying myself, but I do have an account at CreatureBreeder.com and apparently there is a big cat type role playing done there. I don't quite understand this - what's the draw? I mean, why do people want to pretend they're cats? I think they also have a wolf role play there too - they call them "clans". Do any of you know about either of these? And can you shed some light on them for me?

• @aila: voice + video sounds better. I've never done it that way but I suppose its better than never playing it all. But I would have to know the people I am playing with "in real life"
    @ idril: I couldn't say for sure as I am not into animal rp.But I would thinkm its pretty much the same like roleplaying in general.. being someone different, exploring different mindsets, how someone with a totally different worldview reacts to certain situations
    Part I think is escapism... but whats the attracion of doing it as an animal character? I don't know. Maybe its the same reason why we watch tv shows, read books or watch movies with anthropomorphic animal heroes?

• I would compare it to a "play house" game.(Not completely sure what is its English name,but it's an imitation game we often played in childhood.)Instead of pretending to be mother or other family members, this time you pretend you are an animal.

<3

• Well, they have these clans, sort of like clubs, where they have a leader or leaders, and other "offices" for people to have - I don't know, maybe secretary and treasurer or something like that. I find it all very strange.

• Uhm..thank you for sharing your story with us Mia. That's quite a long story (at least for me), I didn't know how to reply you since I haven't watch the Star War(but I know it)...

georgexu94/
    May I ask where are you from? Cuz the last two letters really look similar to Pinyin.

i be from the Philippines. And yes, it's in pinyin (for 許) :)

fgwLQXFL.png

FLOWERGAME WIKI EDITOR - VOLUNTEER

• Thanks for starting this topic, Shelybear! I always love seeing where people's names come from :thumbup:

I went through 3 screen names before settling on this one. The first was SwordgirlJenn because I was very young and very into fantasy novels, but my mother was afraid it would draw stalkers and weirdos. Until I was older, it got changed to a genderneutral word and a number sequence. Around 17 I went through my anime phase and changed it to ChibiLina-Chan (referencing the anime The Slayers). Outgrew that and once I became more active online, changed it to the one it is now! It's a bit boring, but it's my first and last initials plus one of my hobbies ( stitching/needlecraft) XD

• georgexu94: I thought it was 徐 at first :rolleyes:

JCStitches: I am curious on this things since I first knew there were stories behind names (from HP). xD
    I just look up stitching in dictionary..Do you mean by making those lovely cloth stuff? Although I have a very wide range of hobbies(like making rubber stamps and metallic accessories), I never think of needlecraft..

<3

• @Shelybear Making cloth is one kind of needlecraft! I personally do counted cross-stitch embroidery and I am learning crochet. I also want to learn needle felting and how to make plush dolls! <3

hat sort of metalic accessory's to you mean, Shelybear? That sounds interesting!

• @Shelybear Making cloth is one kind of needlecraft! I personally do counted cross-stitch embroidery and I am learning crochet. I also want to learn needle felting and how to make plush dolls! <3

hat sort of metalic accessory's to you mean, Shelybear? That sounds interesting!

I did cross-stitch once and finally got a key ring. :)
    Dolls are lovely! I love them!! Hope you can achieve it soon. And if so, tell me please? I draw an animalised FG ;) and am hoping to have a plush doll based on it (kind of daydream,though).

Can't get what you meant by 'hat sort of metalic accessory's to you mean' :|

But if you're interested to have a look at them, I just uploaded them to Photobucket. For me, metallic accessories contain earrings, tuck combs and hair-sticks. I also made some bracelets (and they are in the same album). There should be more but I somehow can't find all the photos.

Tuck combs are kind of accessory like hair-sticks used on hair. You stick it into your hair, not use as normal combs. And seriously, I normally don't use hair-sticks or tuck combs. I made this stuffs for fun and gifted them to my friends.

<3

Edited once, last by Shelybear (April 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM).