Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Would anyone here happen to have a silver tinsel lineage that's a stair, and consists of female tinsels? My silver tinsel lines are all males, and I would like to do an arrow lineage with a male and female silver tinsel at some point. A long lineage is fine.

I'm willing to give you a third-gen gold tinsel male lineage, if any of my second gens will cooperate. (They didn't this weekend.) Or a low-gen female silver tinsel lineage. Or offspring from any of my other metallics, if you want.

Actually, I'd be willing to give any of those to people even if you couldn't offer me a female silver tinsel line, although I would still really like one. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Any idea yet which egg colors come from which biome? So far as I can tell, only three biomes are affected - alpine, desert, and volcano - yet there are four variants.

I got three eggs from the alpine biome, all were gold. Anyone else willing to share what they got where?

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Any idea yet which egg colors come from which biome? So far as I can tell, only three biomes are affected - alpine, desert, and volcano - yet there are four variants.

I got three eggs from the alpine biome, all were gold. Anyone else willing to share what they got where?

No clue. Some players say that the eggs might change out weekly. Will just have to wait and see.

• Well, that is what the thread says, which is probably why the rumor that the egg color will change every week or so. That may in fact be accurate, and will make getting a full complement of those eggs very difficult for many.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• This is the page this came from. Since there are a lot of links I thought I should post it too.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?show…0&#entry8924920

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:
    (For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)
    -------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!
    - Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are now in the Waning Cresent phase.
    - Everyone is now catching Bronze eggs in the Cave!
    - The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)
    - There
    was no new flood of Lunar Heralds. As such, it is harder to catch eggs
    as the other more common eggs have already mixed in.

- No one
    had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly
    they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.
    - That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.
    - The cycle has progressed, and so far we know:1) Gold eggs drop during the Waning Gibbous Phase.
    2) Bronze eggs drop during the Waning Cresent Phase.

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to: 1)
    Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in
    general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will
    share the same moon phases.
    2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative
    to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in
    synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.
    3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.
    4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.
    5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.
    - Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls
    breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which
    moon are up for debate.
    - The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 5.
    - The newest phase change seems to support Theory 1.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.
    2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.
    3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at most a week.- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.
    - As of the most recent change, the moons' phases are in synch, supporting Theory 1.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.
    - TJ stated that the
    orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of
    mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.
    ---
    (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ
    posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary
    statement.)
    - LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.
    - LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it's not motion illusion.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:
    QUOTE Lunar
    Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and
    Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will
    only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of
    moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of
    the egg produced.
    - To this:

QUOTE Lunar
    Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and
    Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will
    only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of
    moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of
    the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an
    illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s
    illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!
    - Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

Documents!
    - DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.