Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• I was just looking through my Christmas dragons and attempting to name them all.
    I found this:
    http://dragcave.net/view/UmLaq
    I wish we could choose the users our left over holiday eggs went to when our dragons produce more than one offspring....
    I know users can do what they want with their dragons but not only does it look horrible on my dragon's progeny list, it's also a selfish thing to do; lots of users would do anything for a holly and instead of just abandoning it for somebody else who would appreciate it more, they do that... so what if it's inbred and you don't want to breed it? Just freeze it. You can't breed a frozen hatchling anyway. You don't have to give it a name like that. It's just rude.

My Garden :

My Scroll:

• Wow, that is rude. I remember the first holly I got - I was so happy to catch one, I didn't care about the lineage. I have to admit, sometimes I get a little exasperated when someone breeds a CB holiday dragon with a messy-lineaged common, and I catch it on the AP; I just have to ask, what's the point? The holiday dragon is CB; how difficult would it be for the person to find another CB in their common stock to breed it with? I mean, really?

But yes, I totally agree - if the person really disliked the dragon, they should have released the egg back to the AP. Did it ever occur to them that since your holly already had a messy lineage, you didn't have much choice what you bred it with? Seriously.

Btw, something you can do to get that off the page; breed that holly a bunch more times, and then the children get their own page and the names won't show up on the parent's page anymore. Just a suggestion so you don't have that rudeness on your holly's page. (Which was, I'm sure, that person's intent.)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I know, right? I can't believe somebody could be so blatantly rude just because they found a holly in the AP that was inbred. I've seen dragons more inbred than that one; if you don't want it on your scroll, you should look for something nicer, not keep it. I had a better lineaged holly to breed but I bred that one as well because I thought I could make another user happy if they were lucky enough to find the eggs in the AP. People are always complaining that they don't have a holly, so I wanted to help.

Next year though, I think I'll just stick to breeding non-inbred, okay lineaged hollies.

I've been trying to breed the dragons to get that name off my page but I haven't been having any luck since Christmas. It's a real shame, especially as that dragon happens to be the last one on the list, but hopefully I'll have more luck after Valentine's Day.

My Garden :

My Scroll:

• Clara, try sending sockpuppetstrangler or rubyshoes a message. I don't know if they will consider the name inappropriate enough to do anything, but they might, maybe, be able to get TJ to remove the name from the dragon.
    And while it's true most people prefer nicely lineaged stuff, there are people who also want some messy hatchies for freeze fodder. As long as the AP isn't covered in messy blocker hatchies all day long I don't think people should get all twisted up over it. If you want to breed a messy freeezie for me next Christmas I'll be overjoyed to take it off your hands, lol.

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• Clara, that's so sad!
    i see some people in the forum who don't care for lineges at all and only collect dragons because of the sprites.
    I, myself have some super messy dragons, which i rescued from the AP, they are all named nicely, like "Big Clan" http://dragcave.net/lineage/Jub6C
    Ok, i don't breed them, because i know their babys are unwanted, but in case of Hollys i see it just the way you do: there are still so many people out there without any Holly and they'd love to get one! Don't take it to much to your heart! Some people want to try to teach others how they should play and that's not ok!
    Keep on doing what you want! :)

• Fortunately, Hollies are becoming less rare than they were. I really think the limit of two per scroll was causing people not to breed theirs. For many, why breed, when they can't get an egg from it and all of the eggs will be abandoned? I like the way it works now - you breed, you get multiple eggs (usually, although once I only got one egg from a holiday dragon mating), and you get to keep one but drop all the others. I think it evens things out more, and makes more people willing to breed.

That said, Hollies are still relatively rare, and that naming was definitely unwarranted. And incredibly rude, since it is going to show on your dragon's scroll. (Unless you do as I suggest - create numerous offspring, even if you're just going to freeze those hatchlings, so that the children go to their own page.)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I was told that the limit for Holly was one for each scroll, though. Which makes the 2 gen (since you can't get a cb one now, apparently) even more rare.

And I agree with Mia, that's so rude. I'm not if the admin/mods would care about that but at least it is worth trying...

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• The Valentine's Day eggs are out. I'm glad they're releasing them for three days, because I really don't want to have to drop one of my current eggs. :)

And the event is... strange. I put 10 of each item in the cave. I just wanted to make it all pretty, didn't care about much else. It attracted a Harvest dragon (not my favorite!), but she didn't stay. Not sure the point of this....

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Well it says "How you decorate your dragon’s hoard will determine what breed will appear. You may get some interested onlookers—but you won’t actually attract a mate until the end of the event. "

I attracted a falconiform wyvern...I'm wondering whether we'll really attract a dragon and make it stay on our scrolls?

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• The game also indicates that there will be more available decorations as the days go by. I'm hoping we can actually put in 10 more of each type per say, so we can really customize. For instance, I would prefer to have more of Magic and Shinies than the others, I think.

My own preference is for items that are purple, so that's generally what I selected. I have no idea why a Harvest dragon was attracted to that. :/

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I wish I had seen the different caves before choosing my dragon. While the desert cave I ended up with isn't bad, the forest cave is absolutely beautiful.

I went with red and gold in my cave, with splashes of blue. Hopefully I can attract a Magi or another orange dragon (to fit the green Nebula I chose).

• Oh! There were different caves depending on the dragon chosen? Really? Oh! I wish I had known, too! I chose the same type of dragon as my best friend, and now I wish I'd chosen another just so I could see another kind. :(

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Yeah, there's pictures in the announcement thread on the official forums (at around 12th page onward). Desert has brown stones, Coast has grey stones and a small waterfall, Forest has light brown stones with moss on them, Jungle is similar to forest, but with greenish stones and with vines added, Volcano has black stones and lava, Alpine has ice. Those are for caveborn only though, bred dragons get generic grey stone.

Edited once, last by LadyNova (February 14, 2015 at 8:16 PM).

• My volcanic Mint has tried everything, including making rats jump through hoops, but all he attracts are Harvest dragons with a sweet tooth. Depending on how many items I pick from each category, the Harvests are more or less interested and occasionally stay a little longer, but no other breeds show up. Hm...