Garden Helpers - Discussion thread

• I don't know what it looks on your side. But I remember that if I 'like' a post, the button sink so click on the 'like' button again will remove the 'like'. Maybe it works the same to 'dislike'?

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Seems so. I don't see any need for dislikes unless someone is obviously trolling and I've never seen that but I know lots of people have been here longer than me, maybe they have.
    If you don't agree either say so or just ignore.

I don't think it's the thread though, unless it's the first post that gets disliked. I'm not sure but I think it's the total number of likes/dislikes of the posts in the thread that count.

• I just realised that people post grown plants from neglected gardens here. Sorry, so far I've just deleted my posts in the other thread once the plants had fully grown...

That's fine, although you could use your same post over and over instead of deleting each one. (I didn't check - just going by what you said here.)

Anyone know how to get rid of the meanie minus one 'dislike' flag on this thread?
    I've liked several posts now including the first one and nothing has changed.

Oh, my word! I had it clicked "Disliked" - I didn't even realize it! LOL I'm such a ditz. X/ I do remember experimenting around one day - I guess that might be when I "Disliked" it - but I really thought I put everything back to the way I found it! So sorry!

I don't know what it looks on your side. But I remember that if I 'like' a post, the button sink so click on the 'like' button again will remove the 'like'. Maybe it works the same to 'dislike'?

Yes, it does - I can tell you that from experience now! :D

I think you have to find the disliked post and like it.

Yes, you do have to fine the right post - that's the hard part. But it's like Shely said - you just have to click the same button again to cancel it out.

It's +1 now. I think I maybe cancelled out some likes before by clicking 'like' more than once. :/

Ha ha! Really? Do you know where? That would be my problem, not knowing where. :huh:

A thread can be liked or disliked? =O I had no idea!

Mia! You need to pay better attention in our social media crazed world, of course everything can be "Liked" or "Disliked"! LOL (Please take this the right way or I may dislike you! :P ;) )

Seems so. I don't see any need for dislikes unless someone is obviously trolling and I've never seen that but I know lots of people have been here longer than me, maybe they have.
    If you don't agree either say so or just ignore.

I don't think it's the thread though, unless it's the first post that gets disliked. I'm not sure but I think it's the total number of likes/dislikes of the posts in the thread that count.

Well, I think you're right about it being the first post since nothing happened when I disliked the second post, but it added one when I "un" disliked the first post. Hope that makes sense. :/ ^^ (I have "un" disliked the second post now - it was just an experiment!)

• Mia! You need to pay better attention in our social media crazed world, of course everything can be "Liked" or "Disliked"! LOL (Please take this the right way or I may dislike you! :P ;) )

I don't do social media, so I really am clueless about that sort of thing. :) No, seriously. I've never been on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any of those sorts of things. Not only no interest in them, but I think they're very dangerous.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I don't do social media, so I really am clueless about that sort of thing. :) No, seriously. I've never been on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any of those sorts of things. Not only no interest in them, but I think they're very dangerous.

You are not the only one. I don´t like facebook either and till now I successfully refused it. :D
    I wouldn´t even know what to write on facebook, twitter and how all those social media are called. I like my privacy. If someone wants to contact me, they can call, e-mail or PM me on various forums. ;)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• You're right to distrust them, blobber. I've heard things about how they share their data out. For instance, even if you mark your page "private" so only friends can see it, if you make a post, and someone shares it, guess what? Everyone can see it, not just your friends.

A woman in San Diego got fired from her job about a year ago, because someone in Minnesota was offended by a post she made. Since the San Diego woman's page and post were both private, she thought she was safe. But someone she knew shared the post out, and other people saw it, without her permission.

That's the sort of thing that ticks me off, and it's why no one online knows my real name.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• <OT> Well, the "like" button is slowly creeping into all online spheres, even non-trivial ones (such as online learning and academic discussions). Not my cup of tea, either, and I've successfully stayed away from social media, at least the more recent ones. In the old days, I was quite active on BBSes, Usenet and CIS (may they rest in peace). :) </OT>

I just realised that people post grown plants from neglected gardens here. Sorry, so far I've just deleted my posts in the other thread once the plants had fully grown...

That's exactly what I did...*headdesk*

• I have a request:
    The next time you remove and add new plants/gardens could you please note which ones are the new ones? Or post the new ones below the older ones and leave a blank line?
    Just to make sure the older ones get clicked first, otherwise they´ll sit there for months. :rolleyes:

Oh, and don´t forget to click the garden in nyxNoire's post. It´s also been overlooked for months. ;)

• I meant the next time anyone edits their post they should separate the new additions from the older ones, so the older ones get clicked first.

Like: "Added Gardens...", "New Flowers" etc..... ;)

Or wait till ALL flowers are completely grown and then add new flowers...

• I must say I'm getting a bit discouraged by the whole effort. Sometimes it seems to me I'm the only person still clicking every day on those abandoned plants. And I do not blame other people on the forum. I believe the problem started when people started putting links to whole gardens instead of individual plants. I know it's much easier to put a link and not manually copy and paste numbers for each plant, but it also means more clicking for the ones that would like to help - and you don't see individual plants, just anonymous links. Other thing is - there are simply too many gardens and plants to click, which is discouraging.
    I loved the idea when it all started but now it begins to seem pointless to me.

• I think another part of the problem is that the thread drops low in the forum, and it's not as quick to see. I don't always think about it; when I do, I click on plants until I can't, but I'm no longer thinking about it every day, or even every few days anymore. I think I might go to that thread once every few weeks or so, which isn't going to do much good.

There are also probably more abandoned gardens than there used to be. At first there were only a few, but I think we get more players who try the game for a few days and then forget about it, than we used to.

It should always be a voluntary thing, but if the plants don't end up growing, oh well. They're only virtual after all. "No real plants were hurt in the making of this picture!" :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif