Spelling mistakes / Rechtschreibfehler

• Since ShelyBear is checking the mistakes...and I am here too. :P

Sorrel:
    It serves as an indicator plant for heavily fertilized with manure locations.
    (I'm not really sure what this sentence means - perhaps change it into "It serves as an indicator plant for locations heavily fertilized with manure."?)

The young leaves can be eaten, they are rich in vitamin C.
    The young leaves can be eaten, and they are rich in vitamin C.

EDIT:
    Heather:
    It shows its petite panicles even if there is already frost outside.
    It shows its petite panicles even when there is already frost outside.

Siberian Squill:
    Ants are animated by a nutritious adjunct of the seeds to take the seeds away.
    (Just a suggestion) Ants are animated by a nutritious adjunct of the seeds to take them away.

Wood Blewit:
    It grows from september to late autumn in coniferous and deciduous woodlands.
    It grows from September to late autumn in coniferous and deciduous woodlands.

Snowdrop:
    They reproduce through offset bulbs or seed.
    They reproduce through offset bulbs or seeds.

Grape Hyacinth
    They look the best when they planted in larger groups.
    They look the best when they are planted in larger groups.

Edited once, last by Myon (May 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM).

• Pumpkin:
    The whole plant is roughly haired, which protect already the seedling from natural enemies.
    The whole plant is roughly haired, to protect the seedlings from natural enemies.

Kenilworth Ivy:
    The plant, which is also called Devil's Ribbon, preferes warm and moist locations. The small, hard seed sprout in the darkness.
    The plant, which is also called Devil's Ribbon, prefers warm and moist locations. The small, hard seeds sprout in the darkness.

Zinnia:
    Zinnias are annual plants which are originating in Middle America.
    Zinnias are annual plants which originate in Middle America.

Spring Snowflake:
    In the phenology it's flowering shows the beginning of spring.
    In phenology its flowering shows the beginning of spring.

Saintpaulia:
    At the first sight Saintpaulia looks like a violet.
    At first sight Saintpaulia looks like a violet.

Tillandsia:
    Tillandsia is a genus in the family Bromeliaceae...
    Tillandsia is a genus in the Bromeliaceae family...

Daffodil:
    The daffodil is a yellow flowering narcissus. The german name is easterbell, because they bloom around Easter.
    The Daffodil is a yellow flowering narcissus. Its German name is Easterbell, because they bloom around Easter.

Tulip:
    One of the most popular garden and cut blooms worldwide.
    The Tulip is one of the most popular garden and cut blooms worldwide.

Geranium:
    If they are kept cool, but frost-free during hibernation they can become several years old.
    (I am really sorry, but I don't understand this sentence...)

• Geranium:
    If they are kept cool, but frost-free during hibernation they can become several years old.
    (I am really sorry, but I don't understand this sentence...)

I read it as: If they are kept in cool and frostless environments during dormancy, they can live for several years.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Porcini mushroom:
    Porcini mushrooms are among the most popular edible fungus of all.
    Porcini mushrooms are among the most popular edible fungi of all.

Tillandsia:
    Tillandsia need a long time to bloom. Reproduction is by seeds or by offsets called "pups". A single plant could have up to a dozen pups.
    Tillandsia needs a long time to bloom. It reproduces by seeds or by offsets called "pups". A single plant can have up to a dozen pups.

• -Snowdrop
    The seeds, to which a large, fleshy growth containing nutrients is attached, are collected and distributed by ants.
    The seeds, to which a large, fleshy growth containing nutrients are attached, are collected and distributed by ants.

No, Shelybear, actually the original is correct. The "is" refers to the large fleshy growth, not to the seeds. Otherwise it would have to be something indicating that the fleshy growth is multiple, not singular. I'm unfamiliar with the plant, so I don't know if that would be correct.

Your other corrections are otherwise correct, and you certainly pay more attention than I do. :) (I almost never read the descriptions - I only look at the flowers. :))

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Thanks! :3 It was one of the first mistakes I noticed when I joined the site.

That's been like this (and commented on) since the female faeries arrived. Thinking about the JavaScript involved, it would be difficult to code for the gender since the faerie that pops up on the page is completely random. The only way it could be done is an if/else statement that could get pretty complex, and might slow down page loading for many people.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Since ShelyBear is checking the mistakes...and I am here too. :P

Siberian Squill:
    (Just a suggestion) Ants are animated by a nutritious adjunct of the seeds to take them away.

I disagree on this one. "Them" is too vague; it could be referring to either the seeds or the ants. (And in fact, the way you worded it makes it sound more like the ants.) The sentence would need complete rewording, otherwise it's best left the way it is.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• That's been like this (and commented on) since the female faeries arrived. Thinking about the JavaScript involved, it would be difficult to code for the gender since the faerie that pops up on the page is completely random. The only way it could be done is an if/else statement that could get pretty complex, and might slow down page loading for many people.

Could make it 'it' because pixies can presumably take whatever form they feel like. Some may object to that though. :D
    I think that's been said before too.

• Porcini mushroom:
    Porcini mushrooms are among the most popular edible fungus of all.
    Porcini mushrooms are among the most popular edible fungi of all.

Tillandsia:
    Tillandsia need a long time to bloom. Reproduction is by seeds or by offsets called "pups". A single plant could have up to a dozen pups.
    Tillandsia needs a long time to bloom. It reproduces by seeds or by offsets called "pups". A single plant can have up to a dozen pups.

I don't see anything wrong with the tillandsia statement Tilliandsia is both singular and plural and in this context is plural, referring to all varieties. The other two sentences are also correct. I'm not saying what you put is wrong, it just doesn't need changing.

• Thank you Mia. I deleted it from my post. :)

And for this one:
    I rewrote it as: Siberian Squilla attracts ants by its nutritious adjunct on the seeds and encourages them to take the seeds away.
    Maybe someone can polish the sentence..

<3

• Could make it 'it' because pixies can presumably take whatever form they feel like. Some may object to that though. :D
    I think that's been said before too.

I wouldn't want to give Exterminans any more work than he already has! He's busy enough as it is, between this site and EAtW, I think. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• And also for Sorrel, there is another sentence:
     It is dioecious, meaning there are male and female plants.
    Maybe It is dioecious, which means it has both male and female parts?

I think 'plant' refers to a single and whole one..?

Btw, for pixies, I agree with blobber. 'It' makes sense to me<3

<3

• Thought I would try to help out...

-Christmas Rose
    Do they feel well in a location they reproduce itself easily.
    (This sentence looks weird to me but I don't know how to improve it..)

Yes, it is a little weird. I suppose it should read something like this:

They reproduce easily in the right location.

-Bleeding Heart
    The plant is most comfortable at undisturbed sites.
    (I'm not sure about this sentence, either.)

Perhaps...
    The plant flourishes if left undisturbed.

And I'm not sure about this:Ferns are not flowering. Will you just say flowering or flowering plants? So as evergreen.

Yes, just say :
    Ferns are not flowering plants.

-Christmas Tree
    Fully grown and splendidly decorated, the Christmas tree is a pleaure to the eye during the holiday season.
    Fully grown and splendidly decorated, the Christmas tree is a pleasure/pleasing to the eye during the holiday season.

How about...
    Fully grown and splendidly decorated, the Christmas tree is a pleasure to behold during the holiday season.

• christmas cactus (starting from shelybear's correction):

The flowers, which are often shaped zygomorphous, are available in different colors.
    The flowers, which are often shaped zygomorphously, are available in different colors.

or possibly:

The flowers, which are often shaped zygomorphous, are available in different colors.
    The flowers are often zygomorphous and are available in different colors.

spring snowflake (again from shelybear's correction):

In phenology its flowering shows the beginning of spring.
    In phenology its flowering heralds the beginning of spring. (optional comma after phenology, and of course heralds is just a stylistic thing)

and myon, the pumpkin correction is slightly off; it could be

The whole plant is roughly haired, which protects the seedlings from natural enemies.

or omit the comma from your original correction:

The whole plant is roughly haired to protect the seedlings from natural enemies.