Show Us Your Home Grown Flowers!

• I bought some plants to make my accommodation more like a home <3 To be fair, I don't know the name of these flowers (some of them I know the Chinese name but definitely not English name), can anyone tell me?

Beautiful! :D

One looks like a peace lily (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spathiphyllum) as seen in the incredibly funny movie "Hot fuzz". :D

The red one might be a flaming katy, but it's hard to tell, my monitor isn't very good.I know that I know the yellow one as well but I can't remember the name right now. :/
    If you look up the Chinese name on wikipedia, you might get the link to the English version of the article and find out the name that way (or try puttinh it in a translator).

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• The red one looks very much like a flaming Katy, the white one is almost certainly a peace lilly and the yellow one is probably a variety of chrysanthemum.

And these are my flowers from the balcony: morning glory, variety "Heavenly blue":

and Streptocarpus:

• Beautiful flowers! I will have to get the photo of a flower a friend brought over for me this summer. She knew I loved plants and she did too. I had been down to her house to take pictures of some of the flowers she grows in her yard.

• The flowers in our yard have been dying lately. :( My mother was hospitalized for open heart surgery a couple of weeks ago (she just came home yesterday), so we haven't had time to water. I watered today, but it might be too late for some of them. :(

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Oh, wow, Mia! Sorry to hear that - I hope she's getting along better now. Please let us know. :)

A friend of mine brought me this Cala Lily:

Here's a close-up is you need it:

I hope to grow some paper whites for Christmas. If they turn out nice, I'll be sure to post a picture of them! :D Does anyone else do the indoor bulbs? I've never tried them before, so this will be a first for me. :D

• Thank you for asking, but no, she's not. :( She's had to go back to the hospital twice now (after only being home a few days each time) due to life-threatening complications. She has been in for almost two weeks this time, and a few days ago they re-opened her up, because a CAT scan showed that her bones weren't mending. So they went in and did a bunch of stuff to clear up what's going on inside, and they are supposed to open her up again tomorrow to do some more stuff.

My poor mother - I can't even imagine the pain she's going through. And she's 76, so it's not like she can bounce back all that quickly from it.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Thank you for asking, but no, she's not. :( She's had to go back to the hospital twice now (after only being home a few days each time) due to life-threatening complications. She has been in for almost two weeks this time, and a few days ago they re-opened her up, because a CAT scan showed that her bones weren't mending. So they went in and did a bunch of stuff to clear up what's going on inside, and they are supposed to open her up again tomorrow to do some more stuff.

My poor mother - I can't even imagine the pain she's going through. And she's 76, so it's not like she can bounce back all that quickly from it.

I'm very sorry to hear all this with your mother Mia, will pray for her.....

• i saw some herbs so do home grown vegetables count too?

tumblr_pd2ci0UKzK1vnaohyo1_500.jpgtumblr_p95dvrghDN1vnaohyo1_500.jpgtumblr_pamsi7nugC1vnaohyo2_500.jpgtumblr_inline_pbgrk9WmNs1u3t1be_500.jpgtumblr_pd2ci0UKzK1vnaohyo2_500.jpgtumblr_pd2cemB3L31vnaohyo1_500.jpgtumblr_pd28enqOfy1vnaohyo1_500.jpgtumblr_pbtdvmPses1vnaohyo1_500.jpgtumblr_pbq472TZ6c1vnaohyo2_500.jpgtumblr_pbm7r0Kmcd1vnaohyo1_500.jpg

we don't do nothin real fancy and i'm not sure i'd be able to grow delicate flowers like you guys because a lot of them have particular needs

the only ones i have are a few sunflowers that accidentally sprouted from discarded birdseed :(

but im real proud of our garden this year

• It looks like one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea

Thank you, Mimmu, for your response!

It is most likely "kangkong" or water spinach as we have those around. Maybe my sister misplaced it as she does not seem to recognise it. She planted a lot of vegetables since early this year. We had lettuce and which we ate. Some were harvested too late so it's too bitter though. :P Haha!

Edit: It's not kangkong, it's not the same as we have here. Most likely, it came from seeds from bird poo. Some mornings, we have a familiar pigeon visiting our balcony who stays there for some time. They have become a frequent visitor for a while but we don't know where they come from or who owns them (if they do have an owner).

Edit to add: As promise, here is a photo of the bougainvillea out our balcony

fgwLQXFL.png

FLOWERGAME WIKI EDITOR - VOLUNTEER

Edited 2 times, last by georgexu94 (August 31, 2020 at 7:58 AM).