Fern mating season/ Fortpflanzungszeit beim Farn

• Uhm, i think the information Nisha gave you, were a bit mixed up. The marvel farn can only be breeded with the male farn, purebred marvel farns are not possible, just like purebred helloween pumpkins, biting dandelion or christmas stars are not possible either.

• Heißt das nun genau das wir erst mal sammeln müssen und untereinander ausleihen nichts nutzt?? Und der "neue" Farn den es seit heute gibt können wir dann mit dem Zauberfarn kreuzen?? Oder nur untereinander?

• Yay! They look great :D Thank you so much! Can't wait to get some :D
    Elfenblüte: Ja, das ist wie ich es verstehe: erst Wurmfarn sammeln und danach mit Zauberfarn kreuzen.

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

Edited 2 times, last by lorimmel (July 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM).

• i don't have marvel fern even to breed with my male fern.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think every time someone breeds a seed, a duplicate seed is released to the Wild Garden. Am I right?

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• wow!
    a lot of things have changed here!

I am pleased to see that it's still pretty and with information about plants!

will definitely play more now

I especially like the "online" feature, clicked all people's plants <3

thanks for the email that was sent me also :D

• Thanks for the new features but can I make a request? Can it be that when someone picks up a seed from the Wild Garden that someone else has abandoned, we don't get that little info on the seed? I'm maybe one of the few strange people on here who actually likes to collect non-bred plants(where possible) or plants that don't show it's been abandoned by someone else so every time I take a seed from the Wild Garden and it shows that info, I tend to trash the seed. Can you imagine if 5 or more people pick up the same seed and abandon it, all that info is gonna show? I really don't need to know who has picked up and abandoned it, just that I have a seed that is not bred.

Thank you.

• I'm not absolutely sure, but I think every time someone breeds a seed, a duplicate seed is released to the Wild Garden. Am I right?

No, but you have a chance to breed a marvel farn from male farns, even if you don't have one yet.

• Ah thank you for making this clear :) Now I have another question. Will the odds be like with the Biting Dandelion, that is:

Marvel Fern x Male Fern = higher probability?
    Male Fern x Male Fern = lower probability?

• Since the Marvel Ferns can only mate with the Male Ferns, and the Male Ferns only started appearing such a short time ago, having the fern mating season starting from Jul 3rd or 4th and lasting until Jul 23rd like Nisha stated in the first post wouldn't really get us anywhere, would it? Since it takes like a couple of weeks at least for the Male Ferns to grow to adulthood? Just wondering...

• Not really - if you keep your plants well-watered and with a lot of sun, they sprout and grow within 8 days. So your male fern should grow up by 12-13 July and then you will be able to breed it with your marvel fern at least twice.

• Don't worry, calenlass. July 23d as an end date for the mating season should give us enough time to make a couple of breeding attempts. The first batch of male ferns should grow up in a couple of days (Monday?), so I guess we will see some bred marvel fern seeds soon...

EDIT: Oops - Alia was a bit faster ^^

• Sorry to all of you who hoped to get purebred Marvel Fern. I missunderstood what Exterminans told me... 8|

Ich entschuldige mich bei allen, die gehofft haben, einen reinen Zauberfarn züchten zu können. Ich habe das was Exterminans mir erzählt hat falsch verstanden... 8|

So I can't get Marvel Fern from breeding 2 male ferns? :(

If you don't need any plant you have please give it to me xD

• Since the Marvel Ferns can only mate with the Male Ferns, and the Male Ferns only started appearing such a short time ago, having the fern mating season starting from Jul 3rd or 4th and lasting until Jul 23rd like Nisha stated in the first post wouldn't really get us anywhere, would it? Since it takes like a couple of weeks at least for the Male Ferns to grow to adulthood? Just wondering...

yep its a problem its already 10th and my males is only on 2nd stage. have no time to grow a couple more to increase a chance to get a right seed :(

If you don't need any plant you have please give it to me xD