Is the dark-blue Grape hyacinth "breed only" ?

• Some plants are beautiful. Some are interesting. Some are very resilient, and others very delicious. And then there are some that are just plain stubborn.

I've reached a point where I'm asking myself if the Grape hyacinth is a prime example of the last category, or if it is an innocent beauty that only fails to cooperate because I'm working under the wrong assumptions.
    The Wiki doesn't mention any variety of the Grape hyacinth to be only achievable by breeding.
    But in the course of one year I almost raised enough of these plants to conduct a one-person breeding experiment, and so far I failed to get the dark blue variety.
    There are 15 purple and 13 light blue happy hyacinths blossoming in my garden, but none of the seeds wanted to grow into a rich dark blue.
    purple
    light blue
    dark blue

So perhaps you could take a look at your garden and tell me if there are any parentless dark blue varieties out there (in which case I'd just keep going), or if you only have those come out of a breeding ?

• I have 3 dark blue and they are all bred.

• Thank you for your answers so far ! It looks like we found another candidate for a breeding experiment, then.
    For the time being I'll apologize to my Grape hyacinths - it would seem they couldn't have turned out dark blue even if they wanted to - and stop raising parentless ones.