I'm trying to make every plant on Wiki an individual page with detailed information. And just to (unofficially) confirm that the information there is correct, I'd like to ask you guys for some help. The wiki says some variants of plants are 'Most probably, variant x (and y) are only available by breeding'. And I'd like to do some raising experiments from now on to confirm that. I'd be more than happy to see you join me
So here are some simple steps/guides of the experiments:
- I will post the names (and the pictures of the seeds) of the experiment plants (one at a time).
- Go to the wild garden and grab some parentless seeds for specific plants and grow them.
- Post the plants (please provide BBCode) here and I'll add them onto the list. X(a various number depending on different species) specimens will be tested. Existing and already grown ones will count as well, as long as they are parentless.
- If none of the parentless specimens are grown into 'bred-only' variant, then I'll consider the information confirmed.
- If one of the parentless specimens is grown into 'bred-only' variant, the information is incorrect. Please provide the link of that plant.
I know perhaps some of you've been around here for a long time (and maybe have already seen enough specimens to confirm that) but...just take this as a game I'm not asking you to fill all your pots with the same plants, but if you can try as much as possible, that would be awesome! Thank you in advance!
Any comments or suggestions?
P.S. The individual pages are still far beyond complete, so please allow me some time
P.P.S. Sorry for the potential (spelling and grammar) mistakes. Where's Myon?
Experiment 1: Bow String Hemp (Bogenhanf, Sansevieria) - Result: Confirmed! Variant 2 is breed-only.
Experiment 2: Christmas Rose(Schneerose, Helleborus x hybridus) - Result: Confirmed! Variant 2&3 is breed-only.
Experiment 3: Flaming Katy (Flammendes Käthchen, Kalanchoe blossfeldiana) - Result: Confirmed! Variant 2&3 are breed-only. [Special thanks to ChevalierDeLis for help]
Experiment 4: Potato (Kartoffel, Solanum tuberosum) - Result: None of the variants are breed-only.
Experiment 5: Hyacinth(Hyacinthus orientalis, Hyacinthus orientalis) - Result: Confirmed! Variant 3 is bred-only.
Experiment 6: Fuchsia(Fuchsie, Fuchsia spp.) - Result: To be confirmed.
Extra Experiment 1:Witch Mushroom (Hexenhutpilz, Walpurgia faustinis) - Result: None of parentless specimens turned into green nor pink.
Extra Experiment 2:Marvel Fern (Zauberfarn, Filicis miraculii) - Result: None of parentless specimens turned into yellow nor pink.[Special thanks to ChevalierDeLis again :)]
Extra Experiment 3:Jack-o'lantern(Schreckenskürbis, Cucurbita horribilis) - Result: Variant 2, 3 and 4 (the ones with special tops or hat) are bred-only.