Just curious- Why did you chose this username?

• Mine is an old one for me, too. It stems back from when I was going through my divorce. I was having trouble getting over being alone in the evenings, so I would pop a Star Wars video in the VCR (yes, it was that long ago) and keep it going in the background during the evening. Eventually I fell in love with Luke Skywalker, which is ironic, because Han Solo is more my type. I think it might have been because I met Mark Hamill at the time that Star Wars came out; I was friends with his little brother Patrick. So I knew some of the tragedy that beset Mark between the first and second movies. (He got in a horrible accident that scarred his face terribly towards the beginning of filming the second movie. That's why he looks so different between the first and second movies, yet in some scenes of the second movie his face is still unscarred. He had plastic surgery to fix it, but the redness of his face in the Hoth scene was NOT makeup. It was the result of the surgery as it was healing.)

When I wanted to create an ID when I first entered the internet, I tried out a couple of different things. This ID I created when I entered the DBZ fandom and became a fanfic writer, and I've had it for a very long time. I can almost guarantee that if you see a Mia Skywalker somewhere it is most likely me, but it also might not be. I stopped using it for new forums because it was too well known. (I was a popular fanfic writer for a while, which never really made me comfortable.) As you know, I use a different ID for DC, and a different ID from both of those when I do Sims stuff. (I make mods for Sims 3.) I use even a different (male) name when I post on tech forums, because I've found that a lot of programmers and computer techs are extremely rude to you if they think you're a woman. (They think you're a moron for some reason.) My Facebook ID - which I NEVER use - is male also.

Mia is my real name, and Skywalker is the only last name anyone online will ever learn of me. :) I am absolutely paranoid about anything of my real self ever getting known online, which is why, if you knew my real name and tried to Google it, you would not find anything about me online.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Idril, you.. are weird. :) I can't even imagine falling for the clones, even though I think they were all supposed to be based on Boba Fett. Still, that's a bizarre crush. :) And the Ewoks... well, all I will say about them is at least they weren't annoying like JarJar. Really wanted to see him die. Really.

Actually, I never thought much of Luke when I was younger. He seemed too light and fluffy to me. I'm into the dark heroes - you know, the ones who have to overcome great obstacles, and generally suffer lots of angst on the way. Han Solo was more like that initially, at least if you know his backstory. Luke became more like that in the sequels written by Timothy Zahn and Dark Horse Comics. In those, Luke actually went over to the Dark Side and came back - the ultimate Dark Hero for me. :)

But despite the fact that Jacen Solo did the same, I didn't like him from the point that he fell. Him coming back from the Dark Side didn't redeem him for me. After all, he killed Chewbacca. I don't even think Han ever forgave him for that, and Jacen was his oldest son.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Well, I guess I feel kind of sorry for the clones. I remember when I first saw the Tipoca-city scene in AotC with all those millions of clones I really had this awkward feeling in my gut, when I realised that all those men were actually just bred to die. I was horrified.
    I don´t know if you´ve read some of the books of that era, but in the books the clones where further described as beings without any rights or citizenship, instead they were threated as property of the Repuplic. Nothing more than slaves sanctioned by the Repuplic and the Jedi Order to fight their war for them. It´s just wrong. :(

Sorry for my pleading on behalf of the clones. I mourn every clone that looses his life and that´s why I´m not really a Jedi fan. :rolleyes:
    And I like Boba Fett too, not ony because he is also a clone of Jango Fett.

Yes, JarJar is annoying... sometimes. I liked him in some Clone Wars episodes. :) But the Ewoks are way better. I used to watch the Ewoks cartoon when I was little and I loved it. :D

I haven´t read all the books yet, but I intend to...in cronological order. I started from the beginning (Dawn of the jedi) and am right now short befor the Darth Bane era. I read some of the Legacy-books, but not all of them yet. ;)

So what do you think about the upcoming new movies? I´m honestly a bit unsure about the survival of the established EU. :/ There are some great stories, and it would be a shame to see that all being annihilated.

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Well, as far as I'm concerned, the three more recent movies didn't exist. They didn't happen. I found them AWFUL. No redeeming qualities in any of them. They totally went against what had been established by Lucas himself, even though he was the one who wrote the stories. It's like he didn't even care.

I have a friend who commented that he's glad someone else has control over the three coming movies. I'm ambivalent about them. I don't hold high expectations, not after the fiasco of the last three movies. I can watch the original three over and over and never get bored, but the last three.... bleah.

Never watched the Ewok cartoon. Never wanted to. Watched the Star Wars Christmas special when it first came out and regretted it. Saw the Star Wars Lego movie and thought it was hilarious. I've seen numerous parodies, and loved most of those. Read the Timothy Zahn books when they first came out and I was overjoyed to discover an author who actually managed to capture the feel of Star Wars in his books. He was the first author who managed it, and that was the reason the public (and Lucas) finally felt motivated for more movies. To my chagrin, those new movies were crap. Some of the newer books & series have been good, others... meh. Loved what Dark Horse did with what they were given. Cried when Chewie died. The author told me he was told he HAD to do it, that he hadn't wanted to. Lucas had a set timeline in mind, and he just happened to be writing scenes during that timeline, so Lucas told him certain things he had to do. I'm guessing that means Chewie won't be in the next three movies, and that Leia and Han will be married, because that was another requirement. I was sad when Mara Jade died; she married Luke, and I thought she was awesome. I don't know if she'll be in the movies or not, but I suspect not. I think her death might have been another Lucas requirement. I'm wondering if any of Han & Leia's children will be in the movies, if they'll be adults or what. Might be interesting to see who gets cast as them... maybe. At least Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher will be appropriate ages, although they might recast those parts anyway. (Hope not. Harrison Ford is an awesome actor. If they're smart, they'll keep him at least, if he's willing.)

I think I understand your feelings about the clones. As I recall, though, the Jedi order itself was not behind the cloning idea. They were against it, but it was done against their wishes, and they had little or no say in the matter. That was really all Palatine's doing. That was sort of the point. He is Eeeeevil, with a capital Eeee. :) (pinkie to cheek like Mike Myers does) Although honestly, as I've tried to forget those movies, I could be wrong.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Yes, the story line of the prequels was severely flawed in some points. I never cared much for the Anakin/Padme lovestory. And I still don´t get how the Jedi, even Yoda, didn´t realise that Palpatine was a Forceuser. They must have felt something through the Force... :rolleyes:
    Also the whole Clone army thing: they just took it over without really asking questions. Like: "Oh look, we just found an army. Handy. Lets take it and wack the Seps with it." Only because one of their Masters ordered the army behind the Order`s/Councel´s back 10 years ago, they never asked why and how.
    And there is the ethical aspect,too. As Jedi, they were supposed to protect people (and peace), so using the clones as cannon fodder is highly un-ethical. IMO in the end the Jedi got what they deserved. X(

I was still very little when the Ewoks-cartoon ran. I didn´t realise it belonged to the Star Wars universe until much, much later... Never saw the Holiday Special, either. I don´t even know if they showed it here. And what I´ve heard and read about it, it´s probably for the best I never did. :P

I haven´t read anything of Zahn... yet. I think the first novels I read were the Han Solo-trilogy and the Corellia-triogy. But that was years ago. Recently I read most of the Old Republic and Clone Wars stuff.... and the Legacy-books by Karen Traviss. I only read a few comics. Not everything gets puplished here. I remember the Crimson Empire-arc, though.
    Also, I never played any of the games.

As I said before, I´m unsure about Disney taking over and the new movies. With Lucas having a say there was some kind of direction. But with Disney everthing is possible. I hope they don´t throw over the whole EU after episode VI. :/
    Mara Jade´s death was quite a shock, but I´d still love to maybe see her and some other EU characters (Pelleon, Thrawn, the Solo and Skywalker kids, the Yushan Vong, just to name a few) in the movies. :)

• Uhm..thank you for sharing your story with us Mia. That's quite a long story (at least for me), I didn't know how to reply you since I haven't watch the Star War(but I know it)...

georgexu94/
    May I ask where are you from? Cuz the last two letters really look similar to Pinyin.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• idril: You can find the Star Wars Holiday special on YouTUbe

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Part 1 of 7

Or a best of:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is really .. well.. have a look yourself *g*

• Thanks, corvino. I´m just not sure if I REALLY should watch it after what I´ve heard and read about it. :/
    :D

Well, I did *g* but it really IS ..hm.painful to watch ;-).

And as to the topic of this thread, My nickname is the name of one of my roleplaying characters for DSA , if anyone knows that game.
    His name is Corvino Perval. He is a dark battlemage from the university of Al'Anfa, the lover of the patriarch of that city - the highest priest of Boron, the god of dreams and death. Apart from that he is not as bad as it sounds.*g* he is vegetarian, loves books and nice clothes and has an extremely dry sensew of humour.
    Who is interested and knows german can have a look here:
    http://www.krahfik.de/wordpress/?page_id=8
    And if You like images.. herea are some more of other characters..
    http://www.krahfik.de/wordpress/?page_id=138#
    http://www.krahfik.de/wordpress/?page_id=144
    ("Amir Honak" is Corvinos lover)

• Thank you Corvino.
    Wow roleplay.I tried once but didn't feel good on it. The one I tried is Morgause in Merlin series, an evil witch, seldom appears.

Uhm, feel free to offtopic.LOL. This thread even belongs to offtopic;)

<3

• Maybe I´ll watch it sometime when I have some more time on my hand...

I heard about DSA. I didn´t know it was still popular....

I was wondering why this thread is in the Games section, it would better fit into General Discussions.

• Uhm, I don't know...I didn't think much about it when I posted. Maybe I think it is like a "tell us what your id means game".
    After you pointing it out...yeah General Discussions seems fit it better...

<3

• Shelybear: What kind of RP did You try?
    "Forumstyle" or desktop with a group ?
    @ Idril: DSA is still very much alive, though maybe not as popular as 10 years ago. Seems for most its still a beginners game, which I don't think it is. At the moment they are starting 5th edition beta. I'll probably stay with 4the edition.... too expensive buying everything new and learning new rules.
    I've been playing from 1987 off and on since 1st edition. Occasionally another game but I alway ended up with DSA again *g*-