Pedigree-Fan-Club/Stammbaum-Fan-Klub

• Currently, I'm trying to get the breed-only variants of tulips and hyacinths, then I'll move on to grape hyacinths and christmas roses. :)
    And I was wondering if there might by some variants* or hybrids that no one has discovered yet?

*Edit: Or maybe colour variations?

Edited once, last by walkinslow (May 25, 2014 at 3:38 PM).

• I'm still too new to be doing a lot of breeding, but I have all four colours of dahlia now and want to start lineages. :D
    Is there any general advice you can give me? Are even gen lineages usually more popular than others? Is inbreeding frowned upon or is it acceptable? Are people even interested in lineaged plants that don't have breed-only variations? So many questions... :D

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• It's entirely up to you; most people here aren't that picky, and people just do as they like. Sometimes when I breed for the breed-only variants I try to make matching parents, and other times I deliberately don't want the parents to match. It's just at my whim. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Currently, I'm trying to get the breed-only variants of tulips and hyacinths, then I'll move on to grape hyacinths and christmas roses. :)
    And I was wondering if there might by some variants* or hybrids that no one has discovered yet?

As far as I remember there are no bred-only tulip variants, so don´t bother those. ;)
    There should be a question mark in your compendium when you still miss a variant of a flower. So we usually know if we have all of them or not..... expect a new variant is released sometime later. That was with the Snow Drop for example.
    You can also take a look at older player's gardens for variants you don´t have yet. :)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Ah, thanks, Idril. Don't know how I got the idea about breed-only tulips.

Of course I know about the compendium (one of my favourite features of Flowergame, just great!!), but I love hidden features in games and thought there might be some here as well, something that wouldn't show up in the compendium until someone found it. You know, like breeding a hyacinth with a dandelion and getting a hyalion. :P Guess I'm being a bit silly here, lol!

You'd know if you don't have a variant, because you'll have a question mark in your compendium for that seed.

Roses also have a couple of breed-only variants - the white with black, and the white with purple.

The Marvel Ferns have two breed-only variants: pink and yellow.

I *think* one of the Flaming Katies might be a breed-only variant, but I'm not positive.

One of the Grape Hyacinths is a breed-only variant.

As far as I recall, those, and the ones mentioned earlier, are the only plants with breed-only variants, other than event plants.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• There are many event plants that have breed-only variants, but I didn't list those, because those are event plants. I was only trying to list non-event plants. (Although I did mention the Marvel Fern, which is an event plant.) I did miss several, although idril caught those. :) There may also be one or two that neither of us thought of, and someone else will remember.

The idea of breed-only variants didn't come into the game until about a year ago, so the older plants generally don't have breed-only variants.

Btw, to get the parentless biting dandelion, you have to make your garden "friendly" to dandelions by raising a bunch of them from the wild. Then you'll get a message and a gift from the post pixie thanking you for having a garden friendly towards dandelions. :) Many people think of them as weeds and don't want them, though, so don't want to go through that effort.

94911.pngKokpD.gif