Valentine Heart breeding.....

• No, I didn't understand it either, blobber. I think I needed a more thorough explanation. I already knew the number of the seed was in the status bar, but didn't know what to do with it. ZaphodBeeblebox went a little bit more in detail - thanks! I'll try that - but if you are hovering over the seed, couldn't you just click on it instead of putting the url in the address bar? I guess I'm still a little confused. ?(

• I think the idea is that when someone posts in the thread that they dropped certain seeds into the garden, you can take the numbers they give in their post and use the take code to pick up the seed right away, rather than stalking the wild garden waiting for the seeds to appear for you. (I've never actually done this - is it what you all meant?)

• No, I didn't understand it either, blobber. I think I needed a more thorough explanation. I already knew the number of the seed was in the status bar, but didn't know what to do with it. ZaphodBeeblebox went a little bit more in detail - thanks! I'll try that - but if you are hovering over the seed, couldn't you just click on it instead of putting the url in the address bar? I guess I'm still a little confused. ?(

Tru, if you go to the Wild Garden and hover the mouse over any seed, you will see this at the bottom bar of your browser:

http://flowergame.net/flowers/take/XXXX

XXXX = the number of the seed you are hovering the mouse over.

Now, if someone gives you such a link, you don't have to go to the Wild Garden and refresh. You just copy the link, open a new tab in your browser, paste the link into the address bar and hit enter.
    If you are unlocked, you will find the seed in question in your garden. If you are locked, you will simply get a "too many seeds" message.

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• Do you have Firefox? It might be the same in other browsers, Go to the wild garden, hover over a seed and it's in your status bar.

oh a take code, this is like http://flowergame.net/flowers/take/[number of your flower goes here] for whatever flower you have, this will work if it is in the wild garden.

I got back a dandelion that I accidentally bred while no empty pot this way!

I think the idea is that when someone posts in the thread that they dropped certain seeds into the garden, you can take the numbers they give in their post and use the take code to pick up the seed right away, rather than stalking the wild garden waiting for the seeds to appear for you. (I've never actually done this - is it what you all meant?)

Now, if someone gives you such a link, you don't have to go to the Wild Garden and refresh. You just copy the link, open a new tab in your browser, paste the link into the address bar and hit enter.
    If you are unlocked, you will find the seed in question in your garden. If you are locked, you will simply get a "too many seeds" message.

OK, I see now. I guess I was thrown off by people saying to go to the Wild Garden - which doesn't make sense if you are already there to put the url in the address bar instead of clicking on it, you know? I also never got how people knew what number their seed was until just now - at least I would forget that you have to go back to the plant you bred and copy the number of the child there - is that where everyone goes? I think I got it now. Took me long enough! ^^ Thanks, everyone, for being patient with me!!!

• I said to go to the wild garden because I didn't know the code offhand. You see the code for the seed you're hovering over and just change the url and number in your browser bar. :)
    When people who have bred seeds post the number with the 'view' code you can't just click that to get it. That just tells you whether it's already been taken.

Edited 2 times, last by blobber (February 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM).

• s

I see you have taken the last two HoV seeds I sent into the wild, JCStitches. Nice to know they have found a good home. :thumbup:

Yes I did! Thank you very much for breeding them and sending them into the wild garden! :D It's my first Valentine event and I was feeling very behind everyone until then.

• I have three different now: the multiple red hearet, the new one, and that one:

3 more sprouts to go... I hope I get the one with the big red heart and the pink foam around it^^

<- help them grow, please?