Suggestion for extra Christmas trees

• I think I did this last year and thought it would be nice if everyone who was able were to join in this year. I think I have bred all the Christmas trees I am going to be able to this year - since I now will be looking for the Christmas Star - so I thought if I bred them, then the seeds would go out into the Wild Garden and there would be a slight chance that there would be more of the newer variants. Can anyone confirm this for me? I was thinking if it is so, we would have more to trade around and more people would get the harder to get ones. (I still don't have a palm tree one - but I have four chances of getting one still.)

• I do think it works as you said. Anyway, I will do the same once I've bred my Christmas stars (have to wait for my last batch of Tree seeds to sprout). I usually do that with event plants - breed as many as possible to maximise my chances of getting the new variants and then, if I've got breedable plants left breed those so that their seeds go to the wild garden.
    Also still waiting for a palm tree, btw. Four sprouts and three seeds left...

EDIT: Got one :thumbup:

Edited once, last by RedSquirrel (December 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM).

• I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that while you are full of seeds, at the very end of the event, go ahead and breed everything so they automatically go into the wild? Other than Christmas Stars (so those who don't have anything to breed might grab a couple) I'm not sure how that helps anyone. If there are already Christmas Tree seeds, and if there are a limited number whether bred or wild, all breeding and dropping will do is lower the number of wild seeds, wouldn't it? Unless those numbers are unrelated (which maybe they are). I'm not sure the mechanics of this.

I will probably breed and drop some Christmas Star seeds before the event ends, so newer players who didn't get a chance to breed any might grab a couple. Or even older players, if they are lucky, and if any of those seeds are still in the garden after their lucky clovers sprout. :) I purposely grew a bunch of poinsettias over the past year, so I would have plenty to breed with Christmas Trees this year. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Do you mean that while you are full of seeds, at the very end of the event, go ahead and breed everything so they automatically go into the wild?

Yeah, thanks for breeding seasonal plants. I really like picking up bred plants. My burning christmas tree is one of those i found in the wild garden.
    And I already released a Christmas Star. But that was an accident (I thought there was space in my greenhouse - but it were sprouts which grew up, not seeds). I'm sure it will find a good home.

• I thought only some could be gotten by breeding the Christmas trees so that would be the reason to go ahead and breed them and send them to the wild. I just did all of mine that I could - about 5 or 6, I guess. Hope they all go to good homes. ^^

"My Christmas market Post Pixie seed was a palm, so perhaps they all are. "

Oh, I sure hope so! Mine hasn't grown up yet - still a sprout. :thumbup:

• Yeah, thanks for breeding seasonal plants. I really like picking up bred plants. My burning christmas tree is one of those i found in the wild garden.
    And I already released a Christmas Star. But that was an accident (I thought there was space in my greenhouse - but it were sprouts which grew up, not seeds). I'm sure it will find a good home.

I think I picked up that Christmas Star seed (#88112), did you want it back?

• See? Already it has helped someone! I would love to know if someone picked up any of the seeds I released the other day...was that yesterday or the day before - can't remember. But if I never find out, that's OK too. I suppose I could go look, but I think it's neater when people come and say "Hey, I think I got yours! ^^" :D

• I do in fact have two palm trees, tru. I think one of them grew from the seed the post pixie brought. If I get a third palm tree from the remaining sprouts, I'll put it up for trade or donate it - I'd just like a pair of every variant... almost there.

• It's similar to this year's Easter Event, Tru. One could get the tulip bunny from breeding, but a parentless one was brought by the post pixie after completing the quest :)
    Edit: And yes, the seed from Post Pixie was the palm tree for me too :D

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• It's similar to this year's Easter Event, Tru. One could get the tulip bunny from breeding, but a parentless one was brought by the post pixie after completing the quest :)
    Edit: And yes, the seed from Post Pixie was the palm tree for me too :D

Oh, I didn't think of that! Thanks, lori! So, I guess my last seed will be a palm tree one! I can't wait! I did six others and didn't get one. But if we have to the end of January, maybe I'll get another to go with it. :thumbup: