Christmas drop game

• what are the rules for the Christmas drop game? do I loose points when I collect some stuff but gain points with other stuff? What else do I need to do to win the game?

my garden ?( ?( ?(
    Sorry I do not know German. I do not know how to translate.

• You need 100 or more points to win the game. To do this, collect items to gain points.
    I'm not certain, but after a bit of testing, I've come up with these tentative numbers for how much you'll gain/lose from specific items items:

Items that give you points:

Present: +10 points

Purple ornament: +7 points

Green Ornament: +6 points

Candy cane: +4 points

Pink ornament: +3 point

Crescent-shaped cookies: +2 points

Star-shaped cookies: +1 point

Items that lose you points:

Bundle of switches (I think that's what it is?): -8 points

I speak English. I do not know how to speak German, so I use a translator. I am sorry if it's hard to understand the translation./ Ich spreche Englisch. Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen, also benutze ich einen Übersetzer. Es tut mir leid, wenn es schwierig ist, die Übersetzung zu verstehen.

• As for this bundle of twigs - over here in Poland and probably in Germany, too, you are warned that if you are not a good kid, you can expect to get a bundle of twigs as your Christmas gift. It's probably the same thing as coal in English-speaking countries.

• I interpreted it also as twigs. Here is the saying that when you weren't a good kid St. Nikolaus brings Knecht Ruprecht with him, who will slap you with the twigs.

• As for this bundle of twigs - over here in Poland and probably in Germany, too, you are warned that if you are not a good kid, you can expect to get a bundle of twigs as your Christmas gift. It's probably the same thing as coal in English-speaking countries.

I interpreted it also as twigs. Here is the saying that when you weren't a good kid St. Nikolaus brings Knecht Ruprecht with him, who will slap you with the twigs.

Here in Austria we have the Krampus who accompanies St. Nikolaus and punishes bad children with his twig.

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Haha, I love the idea of the Krampus more then that of Knecht Ruprecht.
    I once saw a video on youtube where a lot of people dressed as Krampus walked through a city

• Yes, the Krampus of the East Alpine region is more violent/brutal than the north and middle German Knecht Rubrecht... and he looks more scary.
    There are a lot of processions during Christmas time here, so called "Perchtenläufe". "Perchten" is the word for the wooden masks the men (and women) are wearing.

Just google Perchten and you will get plenty of pics and videos. :)

More about Perchten and Krampus

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

My parents used to tell me that I'd get a "bundle of switches" (sticks used to hit kids who misbehaved) as well as coal if I was bad. Most of my friends haven't, though, and I am partially German and Polish (not much, but a bit), so that may figure into it. I'd never heard of a Krampus before, though.

I speak English. I do not know how to speak German, so I use a translator. I am sorry if it's hard to understand the translation./ Ich spreche Englisch. Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen, also benutze ich einen Übersetzer. Es tut mir leid, wenn es schwierig ist, die Übersetzung zu verstehen.

• SnowPlow - that is wonderful how you got all the point values for us! I guess we'll have to do the same for the new theme, right? Would you be doing that again? I'll have to come back here - hope you do!

I'll do it again for the new theme. It'll probably be faster this time, too, because I assume that the point values will be the same.
    I can't wait to see what the new items are, especially those that subtract from your points.

• When I play, my browser puts the points out of sight above the visible game window, so it took me forever to win the first few times I played, as I was enthusiastically grabbing all the objects, including the twigs/switches. Once I figured out where the points were, I realized I needed 100 points. Then I went about discovering what gave me the most, and it seemed that ornaments and gifts were the ticket. It took me until today to realize the twigs/switches actually SUBTRACT points. Ah, I am dim sometimes.

• I'll do it again for the new theme. It'll probably be faster this time, too, because I assume that the point values will be the same.
    I can't wait to see what the new items are, especially those that subtract from your points.

OK! Thanks! I know, I can't wait either! ^^

And, no, froglady, don't feel bad. It took me forever to figure out which ones were subtracting, although I suspected the twigs - but for some reason it appear to gain one time so it threw me off. 8|

• Took me a while also, before I realized that something was subtracting points! Really like the game and can't wait to see what the new theme will be.

• Point Values for the new version, as promised:
    Objects that gain you points:
    Snowflakes: +1
    Large Snowballs: +2
    small snowballs: +5

Stars: +10

Objects that subtract points:

Twigs/bundle of switches: -8

• It's much faster if you don't bother with the snowflakes but hunt for the stars and small snowballs.

• yeap i think it is little bit harder to catch high pointed stuffs that's funner ^^ and i wish that stuff and back ground changing for every season :) detect about new things's always fun and i love FG artworks :D good to see, fun to play. thanks FG team!