Translations / Übersetzungen (spoiler allert!)

• Code
    Ein Schokotörtchen, mit Zuckerherzchen - auch bei den Elfen liegt an Valentin Liebe in der Luft.
  • With my broken German (and English) i get

A chokcolate cake with sweet heart - Around an elf there's Valentine's love in the air.

not too sure about the word oder. Does "in the air" come last or before "there's". Or maybe it comes first? I do not know :P

Garden Compendium Cave
    garden_symbol.png imageedit_2_2218174688.png favicon.ico
  • I'm not sure what you're wanting here, but I put it into Google translator and this is what I got:

NEVER trust Google translator. It only translates the words, NOT the sense/meaning. And a single word can have different meanings. ;)

My try:

A chocolate cake with candy hearts. Even for the pixies/elves on Valentine's Day love is in the air.

THe two green parts are interchangable. ;)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Oh, I don't "trust" it - or any other one, but it's the best I can do until someone here posts the literal meaning. I only wish I could speak German, or any other language, for that matter. I would especially like to be able to speak Brazilian Portuguese, since my grandkids are growing up there.

• Literally: A little chocolate cake with little sugar hearts. So: A chocolate cupcake with candy hearts. From there the idioms take over and literal translation word-for-word is impossible. Like Idril said, it basically means that even for the pixies/elves love is in the air on Valentine's.

If you put idiomatic English (or any other language) into Google translate, you still get the same sort of gibberish into other languages. Word-for-word translation will only get you so far. Sometimes you can suss out what's meant and sometimes you can't.

• Endlich gibt es auch mal wieder eine neue Pflanze und wir bräuchten noch Hilfe bei der Übersetzung:

Kartoffeln stammen aus der Andenregion Südamerikas. Inzwischen werden sie Weltweit angebaut.
    Pflanzt man eine Kartoffelknolle ein, bilden sich an der Pflanze 15 bis 20 neue Kartoffeln.
    Werden die Kartoffelknollen Licht ausgesetzt werden sie grün und bilden das giftige Solanin.
    Als die Kartoffeln nach Europa kamen, wurden sie nur wegen ihrer hübschen Blüten angebaut, dass sie essbare Knollen haben wurde erst später bekannt.

• Endlich gibt es auch mal wieder eine neue Pflanze und wir bräuchten noch Hilfe bei der Übersetzung:

Kartoffeln stammen aus der Andenregion Südamerikas. Inzwischen werden sie Weltweit angebaut.
    Pflanzt man eine Kartoffelknolle ein, bilden sich an der Pflanze 15 bis 20 neue Kartoffeln.
    Werden die Kartoffelknollen Licht ausgesetzt werden sie grün und bilden das giftige Solanin.
    Als die Kartoffeln nach Europa kamen, wurden sie nur wegen ihrer hübschen Blüten angebaut, dass sie essbare Knollen haben wurde erst später bekannt.

Display Spoiler

Finally, there is a new plant also once again and we could use more help with the translation:

Potatoes originated in the Andes region of South America. Now they are grown all over the world. You plant a potato tuber, it will form 15 to 20 new potatoes on the plant. Potato tubers exposed to light turning them green will produce the toxic Solanine. When the potatoes came to Europe, they were planted only for its pretty flowers, they became known as edible tubers later on.

Edited once, last by EmeraldsLyn (June 25, 2015 at 12:22 PM).

• My try, on the basis of EmeraldLyn's.

Display Spoiler

Potatoes originate from the Andes region of South America. Now they are grown all over the world. 15 to 20 new potatoes can grow from one potato tuber planted in the ground. When exposed to the light, potato tubers become green and produce poisonous solanine. When potatoes came to Europe, they were planted only because of their pretty flowers, the fact that they have edible tubers became known only later.

• Eine neue Pflanze:

Display Spoiler

Ringelblume

Calendula officinalis

Ringelblumen stammen vermutlich aus dem Mittelmeerraum. Sie besitzen vielfältige Heilwirkungen und werden häufig in Salben und Tinkturen verwendet um allerlei Beschwerden zu lindern.

S: Ringelblumen bilden heterokarpe Samen aus. Das bedeutet, dass die Samen unterschiedlich geformt sind und auf verschiedenen Wegen verbreitet werden. So wird ein Teil der
    Samen mit dem Wind verbreitet und ein andere verfangen sich mit den Wiederhaken im Fell vorbeilaufender Säugetiere.

K: Ringelblumen eignen sich zur Gründüngung und Bodenverbesserung, sie helfen bei der Nematodenbelämpfung.

B: Die hübschen Blüten werden getrocknet als Bestandteil von Salben und Tees verwendet.

• Display Spoiler

Calendula Calendula officinalis Marigold probably come from the Mediterranean. They have diverse healing effects, and are commonly used in ointments and tinctures to relieve all sorts of complaints. S: marigolds train heterokarpe seeds. This means that the seeds are differently shaped and disseminated in various ways. As a part of the seed is spread with the wind and others get caught up with the back hook into the fur of mammals running over. K: marigolds are suitable for green manure and soil improvement, they help in the Nematodenbelämpfung. B: the pretty blossoms are used dried as part of ointments and teas.

This is not a human tranlation but a translator with a few changes

• Here's my best shot in my limited German:

Display Spoiler

Marigold is probably native to the Mediterranean region. It can be used in ointments and elixirs as a natural medicine to relieve various types of health conditions.
    S: Marigold seeds are heteromorphic, meaning the seeds have different shapes in each region that allows spread of the seed in more than one way. One end is shaped to float on the wind, while the other end has small hooks that can catch in animal fur and be carried away.
    K: Marigolds are valuable as a soil improvement when plowed under as "green manure". Some varieties are planted in beds with crops to help in the control of nematode worms.
    B: The colorful blooms can be dried and steeped to make an herbal tea or used fresh in salads. The dried powdered petals can also be substituted for saffron in many recipes.

**I used other foods in the last line because ointments were already mentioned in the first line, and it seemed more consistent to mention other edible/culinary uses alongside the tea.

• And the next plant need some translation:

Display Spoiler

Pfifferling
    Cantharellus cibarius

Der Pfifferling ist ein beliebter Speisepilz, der in Europa weit verbreitet war, inzwischen gehen die Bestände aber stark zurück.
    Die dottergelbe Farbe brachte dem Pilz den Namen Eierschwämmchen bei.
    Die Pilze wachsen in Gruppen in Nadel-und Laubwäldern.
    Der Duft der Pfifferlinge erinnert an Aprikosen und sie haben einen pfeffrigen Geschmack welcher sich beim Kochen verliert.

• Here we go

Display Spoiler

Chanterelle
    Cantharellus cibarius

Chanterelle is a popular edible mushroom, which used to be very common in Europe, but the number of its stands has been greatly reduced.
    Its yellow colour gave it the popular name golden chanterelle.
    The mushroom grows in groups in broadleaf and conferous forests.
    Chanterelle's scent is reminiscent of apricots and it has a peppery taste that it loses when cooked.