Game links expire too fast

• Just as an update, the link expiration thing just happened to me, too. I was playing the memory game and got through it pretty quickly, so I don't think it can be a matter of taking too long. The next game was fine, though.

• Just want to mention that I don't think the time is related to how fast you finish the game/solve the quiz. I personally think that's the time between finishing the game and choosing reward - not sure if I express it correctly?

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Well, it can't be that, because the reward never appears. I literally finished the game and immediately got a screen telling me that the link was expired. I played the game for no more than two minutes, won, and got the expiration screen.

• Hmmm there used to be a time between them. If you leave the reward page and not choose if for over 5 minutes, the links get expired - well it seems that now this rule is removed and will not apply any more. So it is just that part of timing goes wrong (sometimes and targeted, since not everyone's having the same problems same time). It's still nothing to do with how fast you solve the quiz...

But well, I could be totally wrong.

EDIT: Sorry just noticed a stupid mistake here. Okay, so, well... I get myself confused. :/

<3

Edited 2 times, last by Shelybear (January 19, 2015 at 5:18 PM).

• Except that it's also happening when we click the links immediately, Shelybear. That's why we're reporting it - because it's a bug.

When I'm playing these games I'm rarely - if ever - distracted by outside things. I generally play the games pretty quickly (I choose the memory games, in fact, BECAUSE I can solve them so quickly), and click the prize link immediately, and then sometimes I get the error. Admittedly, it's rare, but as Exterminans says, it shouldn't happen at all if we don't delay clicking on them.

My guess is that a cookie is set to expire too quickly somehow. Either it is not being given enough time for the game to be solved, or there's some other weird glitch going on.

I'm going to be up front and admit that it's been happening to me more recently, now that I installed the latest version of Norton Security, and I think that MAY be a factor. I seem to be getting logged out of sites that I have "keep me logged in" selected, and I think Norton goes around expiring my cookies without my permission. I'm not sure HOW it's doing that, because I don't think it's supposed to, but I suspect it's a factor. But that is only in the last three days; until then, I had the older version of Norton, and I don't think it did stuff like that.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Yeah I know it's a bug and it did happened to me before and then fixed itself...somehow. Sorry perhaps I didn't express myself clearly but I'm not saying you (and of course myself) wait before clicking the links.

My guess is that a cookie is set to expire too quickly somehow. Either it is not being given enough time for the game to be solved, or there's some other weird glitch going on.

I had the same (or at least similar) thought as yours but then I noticed...Since Exterminans said he removed the time limit (if I understand it correctly?) then there's even no an expiration. So then why it will become expire now? - this is where I got confuses. However if the 5 mins time limit was just be extended to 10 mins or something instead of totally removed, I would keep assuming this is the reason.

Okay so it made me want to know what the problem is now... :/ Not knowing answer is sort of killing me...

<3

• Well, a cookie can expire from the client end, which would be my (or your) end, not the server end. That is, it would be SET at the server end (or not set), but something at the client end can manually expire it or delete it.

That's what I suspect Norton was doing to me the first day the new version was installed; I think it was gleefully going around deleting or expiring all my cookies (none of which were ever supposed to expire) which forced me to re-logon to all the sites I was normally permanently logged on to. I was NOT happy about it, needless to say. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll