Flowergame Secret Santa - sign up closed

• I might have forgotten to mention that I will leave on 17th. Hopefully I'll have internet access all the way on my trip but just in case...I'd like to send it to someone on 16th in advance :)

In that case, you can PM it to me and I'll send it to whoever is chosen by the randomizer to be your giftee.

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• Yes, sign-up is still open. :)
    I only know Secret Santas where it's revealed afterwards too, but an appearance of secrecy is kept up until then, to make it more mysterious and fun.

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• Have Secret Santas ever been completely secret? All the ones i've participated in have had the Santa reveal themselves when they hand over the present.

I did one on another game site forum where everyone sent their presents to me (they knew whose name they had though.) I (in my other account, which, I don't believe I ever told but one person it was me.lol) would send the gifts out right before Christmas. Then I opened up a new thread and people guessed who was their SS until after a while I posted who had who. It was totally secret. ;)

• The "super secret" option wouldn't be secret anyway, since all previous owners are shown in the plants history.

• Yep, and that's OK! I have flowers that were gifted to me when I was a newcomer, and I still look at their history and think, "so and so gave that to me", and I remember how that felt. I'm far less likely to give away a flower that someone has gifted to me, than one that I raised for myself. A gift, to me, makes the plant special.

So, I would want the recipient to know who gifted them, because then it might feel special to that person as well. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• We have a tie between the gifting options. ?( I guess we'll make it not-so-secret, since it won't be completely secret anyway (and isn't supposed to).

• The "super secret" option wouldn't be secret anyway, since all previous owners are shown in the plants history.

Yes, I realize that that is the case here on this site, but I was just making the point that you can in fact do a totally secret "Secret Santa" online.

We have a tie between the gifting options. I guess we'll make it not-so-secret, since it won't be completely secret anyway (and isn't supposed to).

Then we are having a gift exchange, not so much a Secret Santa since by the very nature of Flowegame, it can't be secret. :)

• Well, since it is "just" a gift exchange*, we'll have to come up with other ways to make it special! I'm going to try - we'll see what happens! :D

* please don't take this the wrong way - I do very much appreciate your efforts and everyone's participation! :)

• Well, it can't REALLY be secret, as several people pointed out, because we can look at every plant's history. Ever Secret Santa I've been in, you find out on the last day, when your SS gifts you. But all of them were at places where the SS could give you little surprises along the way. We can't really do that here. A gift exchange could mean that two people are gifting each other, which we're also not doing.

So it's not like we really have much choice. And I think it's just fine the way we're doing it. I'm looking forward to gifting my giftee. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Oh, yeah, I guess you're right - it's not an exchange either. And I am fine with the way things are being done too - I wasn't complaining, just "talking". I don't want anyone to think I was complaining! And I'm still going to try to make it special - or maybe different would be a better word. At least I hope my recipient enjoys what I have planned. :D