A "hatchery" for flowers

• Many probably know Exterminan's site: eatw.net. It's a fansite for Dragcave, a game somewhat like Flowergame: those dragons need views to grow.
    So I was thinking, what if there's a "hatchery" or "greenhouse" for our flowers just like EATW? People can put flowers in, and get sunshine for others with the autoviewer and rotation codes (just like what's in my sig, it's rotation codes for EATW)

• I guess I don't know how this would benefit Flowergame, since it's not click-driven like a lot of adoptable sites are. I don't even put my flowers anywhere but on this forum, and simply play minigames to get what I need to grow my plants. It's not like you have to hatch an egg in x number of hours/days or it'll die. I refuse to play any click-driven games for this reason. I prefer to have the power to do things myself.

• Besides the fact that the plants don't need "clicks" or "views" to grow, they also - unlike DC eggs - won't die if they are NOT watered for a period of time. They just won't grow. Case in point are the abandoned gardens that we see in the thread the blobber posted. We've often encountered gardens that are several years old with unwatered seeds. Those seeds aren't dead, they just aren't grown.

So there isn't really a reason for a "hatchery" per se for seeds. They'll survive if someone goes out of town or is unable to access the internet for a while. They just won't become seedlings or adults until they are tended, and it's really up to the player to do the tending. If you neglect your garden, then your garden won't grow. And that's just the way it is.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• When I first started playing here, things were somewhat click/view driven... and I suspect that the admins phased that out because things like that take up more bandwidth. I know that, for a while, a bunch of us were trying to use Yarrold's to help nurture abandoned gardens... and soon after we started doing that, the site coding changed to prevent it. I think that the hatchery system probably puts too much of a strain on the server and our admins' wallets. Anyway, most of the games are awesome and it's more fun to feed plants that way. :)

• I don't think things were really so view/click driven as they were designed to make sure we logged in every so often and to get their page-views up to a point where the ads would be profitable. My first month or so here they changed it so you didn't have to water your already-grown plants. I have a feeling that people were getting frustrated/quitting after getting too many plants to keep up with watering each and every one AND there were more and more plants to keep up with all the time AND that increased the price of hosting the site, so some happy medium had to be found to get ad page-views without breaking the bank on hosting costs. So watering/sun changed from daily plant maintenance to only affect plant growth.

I still don't get the obsession with abandoned gardens. Why not just let them be? Some people tend their gardens and some don't, even in real life. I guess if people have that much free time to spend on tending the gardens of the players who quit, let them amuse themselves. In reality, though, it does increase the bandwidth the site uses each month, which is something the admins must pay for. I'm assuming this is one of the reasons why Yarrold's was blocked. Hundreds or thousands of extra page loads from the server daily must have stretched their pocketbooks to the max, especially when you realize that all this abandoned garden tending is not to anyone's benefit (except, perhaps, the completionist/perfectionist personalities out there trying to make every garden plant grow).

• Is it just me or does it actually help to have the plants posted on multiple sites? I think it goess off of click sources, not total number of clicks. So having the same plant on three different web sites will work better than getting three clicks from the same site.

:) I am sorry, I do not speak much German. :) Ich spreche nicht viel Deutsch. :)

• Clicks get you water. Views get you sun. Neither makes plants grow faster (except by keeping water and/or sun at a max if you're gone for a few days). So if you keep your water and sun up with the minigames, clicks and views do nothing.