• I think it shows any conversation where you did not make the last reply. That's probably why I have 8 Conversations still showing - those are the ones where the other person made the last response. This means that in order to close out a conversation, I am forced to make the last reply. Then to close it out on their end, they have to reply to me. Which re-opens it for me, forcing me to reply...

I think you can see the problem, no? It means we're going to end up in infinite loops, at least if people are as OCD as I am. This is wasteful of time, and forum resources.

If there were a way we could mark a conversation as finished, it would be better. That way we'll be more likely to notice if we have a new PM, because the number will otherwise be blank.

Or, if the Notifications bothered to mention PMs, instead of notifying us when someone quotes a post we make on the forums. I don't know why the forum feels it is necessary to give me a Notification for that. It might be useful if this forum were busier, but as it is, I check every thread that gets a new post, and right now I have to manually delete the notifications, since they don't clear when I visit those threads. If they notified us of PMs, that would be a far more useful function. If there's a way to set it this way, that would be nice.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Sorry, Mia, but that's not it. I have both types of conversations in my Inbox - ones that I have answered last and a couple that the other participant sent the last answer, but I don't have any numbers by the word "Conversations" at the top.

• I have much the same as Mia, and they're definitely NOT unread PMs. In all I have 35 conversations. 13 of them have a star against them. I made the last reply so they are not unread.
    That's not an underline up there^^, it's on the picture. :)

• That's exactly the same as me, blobber. So after I last posted in this thread, I decided to go through all my conversations - even those where I was the last responder - and eventually that number next to Conversations went away. But it's weird that it considers many of my older conversations unread, when I was the last person who messaged on many of those.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Ah, that's what you mean. The forum simply doesn't remember whether you have read the old conversations already, if you did before the forum software was changed.

Just open all the old conversations once, and the number will drop to zero (actually, it will disappear).

• Because they have left the conversation and they will no longer receive new messages posted in that conversation. You can do that any time, it's a useful feature if a conversation features multiple participants.

• I can't even figure out how to delete messages anymore, let alone leave conversations. Never even knew that was an option. :)

How do you do it? I looked for some sort of function that would do that sort of thing, after reading this, but I can't figure it out at all. Guess my inbox will eventually fill up as I'm unable to figure out how to delete anything. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I can't even figure out how to delete messages anymore, let alone leave conversations. Never even knew that was an option. :)

How do you do it? I looked for some sort of function that would do that sort of thing, after reading this, but I can't figure it out at all. Guess my inbox will eventually fill up as I'm unable to figure out how to delete anything. :)

Check the tick box on the left - a 'conversations marked ' button will appear at the bottom. If you click that there's an option to leave.

• It seems like in this forum a lot (or some) of the features aren't all that apparent. You need to scroll over things for somethings to even been seen, like the options for a post - edit, quote, etc.

True, and I don't agree in all cases with the hidden nature of the control surfaces, but then again, the forum has a lot of such features and if all were visible all the time, then the interface would get very cluttered. I find it very comfortable to read this way.