• I think she was talking about the PM I sent her. I had NOT deleted it, and I sent it twice, but she never received either message. The system doesn't seem to be exactly intuitive, because I couldn't even find my own messages in any sort of outbox or sent folder or anything.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I think the private message system here has some problems. I sent a PM to blobber, and she got it but thought it was old. (I'm guessing they aren't date-stamped.) She sent me a reply which I have not received.

I had sent two messages to LadyNova back when she posted here (that's why she made this thread). The only reason she knew I had sent something is that I told her on one of the forums that I was sending her a PM. I had tried twice to send a PM, but neither message I sent showed up for either of us.

While it's true that I'm not overly familiar with forums and such, the fact is that it's obviously not very intuitive. Maybe the process could be made a bit easier somehow? Not that I really have any ideas, sadly. :(

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I didn't get the PM. I got an email notification that there was one, but there was no link in the email as there usually is. When I came here there was nothing. No notification, no PM.
    The time was stamped at 06:13 that morning but it was because of the subject that I thought it was old.

The reply to Mia was by email, her address came up instead of the noreply@flowergame one but it obviously didn't go to her.
    I didn't try to PM.

I can forward the email if anyone in admin wants to see it.

• Uhm, make sure that you are actually using the PN system ("Start a new conversation", speech bubbles), not the "Email" (letter symbol) functionality. With the later one, the email is all the recipient is going to get.

• I've sent 2 test PMs to MiaSkywalker. One by clicking New Conversation in the Conversations drop down menu and one by clicking the bubble icon in her profile.

The number of conversations at the top of the page hasn't changed, but perhaps it doesn't unless she replies.

• This is definitely a non-obvious system. I may have sent an email at one point instead of a PM, but on several occasions I tried to use the Start Conversation option and the person didn't receive the PM. Lately I've just used the person's wall, but when we do that it's public.

Edit: I received both of blobber's PMs. But I haven't had luck starting a conversation myself. Either that, or the other person hasn't necessarily known how to reply, or hasn't realized they've received a message. Unless you look at the "Conversations" thing to notice that the number has gone up, you can't tell you've gotten a message. There's no notification specifically to new PMs.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I didn't get an email from you Mia, if I had you would have got the reply. I got an email from FG saying you had sent me a message on Flowergame.
    When you replied to my PM my Conversations count went up by 1, but after I read it it went back down. That seems strange. Does it mean that old messages don't count and only current 'live' ones do?

• Conversation works well on me.
    I've received several PMs from Tru and they are all there(under the conversation). I didn't receive any email from FG team when I got a PM. It will be a "1" symbol next to the Conversation button.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• When you replied to my PM my Conversations count went up by 1, but after I read it it went back down. That seems strange. Does it mean that old messages don't count and only current 'live' ones do?

No, after a message has been check by you, it is subtracted from the count of current new messages. Just like an Inbox in regular email shows the number of new messages, but not the ones that have been opened.

• I was confused...What's the problem now?

When all PMs are checked there should be no number sitting next to the "Conversations" button. Once you check a new conversation (assuming that you have more than one new PMs), the number goes down by 1.

And the new PM system looks like a thread. The new reply is at the end of the thread, just like this.

-Currently learning German-
    <3