Wanna play? Join Neopets today

• Ljeta , I was studying many things in the game. So I found out places with not so stupid button animations and so on. But playing? If I could build and use a house without so animations, I where happy and wanted to play it forsure. :)
    Is there a way to kill of the stupid animations? ;(

[align=center]

• ahha..I remember neopets. I played there ages ago. it was on neopets fansite I got a link to geopets. who's forum brought me to gpx+ which in turn had a thread about vdex to go to and then that site's forum again brought me here.
    I was even a paying customer for a while. but the customization they introduced killed it for me, I worked SO hard to get a halloween paintbrush for my cybunny and also a babypaintbrush for my buzz. the "customisation" made that all those wonderful images (which is the reason i did all that hard work in the first place) got dev/bin/NULL'd.

I recently took a look (without logging in) and guess what? my cybunny is *still* showing as being a normal red cybunny.

WTG neoFAIL

1087615.png1084843.png1081016.png1082366.png 91550.png4569.png2796.png3297.png2830.png

oh! Thank you Yogamupfel 37396.png

• ahha..I remember neopets. I played there ages ago. it was on neopets fansite I got a link to geopets. who's forum brought me to gpx+ which in turn had a thread about vdex to go to and then that site's forum again brought me here.
    I was even a paying customer for a while. but the customization they introduced killed it for me, I worked SO hard to get a halloween paintbrush for my cybunny and also a babypaintbrush for my buzz. the "customisation" made that all those wonderful images (which is the reason i did all that hard work in the first place) got dev/bin/NULL'd.

I recently took a look (without logging in) and guess what? my cybunny is *still* showing as being a normal red cybunny.

WTG neoFAIL

Try again

• Wait. You mean that if you painted your pet they reverted it? That SUCKS! I spent a lot of time on some of my pets, getting paintbrushes to make them look a particular way. Although I haven't been back in ages, just knowing they wouldn't look the way I wanted them to makes me definitely NOT want to go back.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Ljeta, I did not say "try again" your quotes are wrong
    But no, I will not "try again". I said why I will not,. all you seem to do is nag people about neopets, people here talked about why they were/weren't interested. accept peoples comments / criticism. why are you so interested in people going back to neopets anyway?? ?(

MiaSkywalker: yea, *technically* she is still "halloween" (it says "[name] the Halloween Cybunny") but the de-facto colour is plain red since her halloween decorations are still??! not animated

(I remember that when animations were introduced, they said such things would be temporary,and everything would (eventually) be animated thingy. but it's pretty telling that they don't give two shits about any of their users after they got bought up by company) :thumbdown:

edit edit. here is PROOF
    she used to look like http://images.neopets.com/pets/cybunny_halloween_baby.gif

my favourite was http://images.neopets.com/pets/beaten/cy…loween_baby.gif and http://images.neopets.com/pets/beaten/buzz_baby_baby.gif ...ickle baby buzz with a giant band-aid on its head! aaww. that ickle baby buzz pose was the whole reason I went ahead and got a buzz and a baby paintbrush in the first place!

1087615.png1084843.png1081016.png1082366.png 91550.png4569.png2796.png3297.png2830.png

oh! Thank you Yogamupfel 37396.png

Edited 4 times, last by ZaphodBeeblebox (December 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM).

• I see. Animations, huh? Glad I left before that even began. I don't remember all that I had, but as I recall, I had an Aisha and a Jetsam, and one other I don't recall. You could have three, right? That's what I remember, at least. The Aisha was always my favorite (cats are my favorite animals - besides dragons, at least), so of course I had to have an Aisha. I painted her purple, and I had gotten the Jetsam because I wanted to paint him a specific way, but now I don't remember what that was. :)

I don't know if being bought out actually made the difference; it always seemed to me that they didn't particularly care about their user base one way or another. I finally got tired of them after they had frozen another friend's account (they always said people were doing things we weren't; a player was guilty until proven innocent with them, and I'd had three accounts banned for things I had never done), and I decided I didn't need that crap anymore. Seriously, they banned one account I had, saying that I was using something I had never even heard of before (something that's supposed to refresh your page automatically, I think?) because at the time, Netscape (which was what I had been using at the time) did something weird, and it interacted with their site in a way that made them think I used something like that.

It just wasn't worth it. You'd get emotionally attached to these virtual pets, then they'd freeze your account, and you'd lose it forever. They'd do this to CHILDREN, too. I guess they didn't think it mattered when a child was heartbroken because her virtual pets had been taken away from her.

Nope, this site is so much better. :) There's nothing to compete for, so everyone can be nice to everyone else, and you don't have admins saying you're "cheating". :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Ljeta, I did not say "try again" your quotes are wrong
    But no, I will not "try again". I said why I will not,. all you seem to do is nag people about neopets, people here talked about why they were/weren't interested. accept peoples comments / criticism. why are you so interested in people going back to neopets anyway?? ?(

My guess would be to get referrals. Not sure how that would help her if people are returning instead of joining, but I don't see why else she would be so gun-ho for everyone playing it.