Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• That's really sweet, Mia. Though it already has a mate, or rather, it's future Horse sibling has a mate. But another third gen would still be appreciated as I can get that one a mate too and eventually get to 5th gen.

Speaking of which, I tried breeding the mate's parents again to see if they would produce a Horse. No luck, but maybe you guys'll appreciate it - Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

• Do any of you see this hatchling with an egg image? I cleared my cache and hard refreshed my browser, but it still appears as an egg to me. It hatched several hours ago, so this is puzzling to me!

Does anyone else see it as an actual hatchling? Or do you see it as an egg as well?

Thanks!

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• That's what I'm seeing. But when you look at the text, you see "hatchling". It's listed as a hatchling in my dragons list as well.

My best friend has an egg that hatched into an egg-hatchling also. I wonder what's going on at the site, that this seems to be messing up sometimes now?

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Mia,
    There is a thread about it in the dc help forum. There are a bunch of people with eggs like this, and many seem to think this is the April Fools day joke because all the eggs affected were caught or bred on April 1.
    You can see it as a hatchie if you look at it in lineage view.
    Most people seem to think they will go back to normal pretty soon. Though some of us are hoping that if the freeze action is used they will stay like that.
    I am hoping to trade for or catch one from the AP since I didn't pick up any eggs on April Fool and I would love to have one to freeze, just to see what happens XD

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• That may be so... but one of the hatchlings that has the egg appearance is one of the new gemstone ones, and that aggravates me, because I don't know what COLOR it is! I've been influencing them, then incubate-hatching them to see the color, then going to the next, so I can try to get matching pairs, but this BLOCKS me! I need to know what color this last one is before I can do it with the next one, but I don't know, so I CAN'T. I am not happy about this AT ALL!

This is an incredibly DUMB April Fool's joke, especially as it's right after the release of an egg with a bunch of color alts. I can't believe it didn't occur to him that people would want to KNOW what colors they are getting! This isn't the first time that TJ has pulled something that's inconsiderate, however, so I should just figure this is par for the course with him.

ETA: Ok, apparently he's changed it so now when you view the "egg", it shows as the correct hatchling image. I'll be able to continue influencing genders now that I know what colors I've gotten. I guess somebody talked some sense into him.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (April 4, 2015 at 8:17 AM).

• It is being reported that the frozen egg/hatchies are showing up as frozen hatchies now, apparently freezing them does not keep them as egg sprites. EXCEPT when they are on the actions page where they still show as eggs, for now anyway.
    The unfrozen egg/hatchies are still showing as eggs for most people.
    I am wondering if they will stay that way until they become adults? Someone suggested that maybe they will return to normal after 24 hours. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• I also have a hatchie egg like that, a Plated that was caught on April 1. I thought it was funny, but after reading Mia's post, I can understand why some people were not amused. Don't worry, I'm sure it will turn normal sooner or later.

• Also have one, a gem dragon that shows as egg on the main page and as hatchling on its own page.
    BTW, does anyone need red gem hatchlings? I have one female and one so far ungendered to give away.

I'd love to get the female red gem pleeease!!!

Something I've been wondering -- can we 'lend' dragons. Transfer, breed from, and transfer back?
    Knowing ow awkward TJ likes to be at times though, I doubt he'd sanction anything as simple as that. :(

As far as I know, it's impossible :(