Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• It seems unusual because usually new eggs flood the biomes but I've been unable to glimpse even one in either the forest or alpine biomes in the last 20 minutes :-/

They flood the biomes on the day of the release, but after a few hours other eggs start mixing in and about a day later they usually only show up every now and then if they're not super common (and it's now three days later). I've just seen two in the Alpine biome, they're gone very fast but they do drop. :)

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• They're mostly gone very fast (right now) because people are assuming there are numerous alts. (There probably are.) I have seen a couple in the mountains but none in the forest, although I'm presuming they're just taken very fast right now.

Hopefully with all these alts TJ didn't make the decision to make them uncommon or rare. That would suck mightily.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Ah, that could be! If that's so, that makes things a little easier. Everyone assumed the mountain type would be different from the forest ones, but that may not be so.

We'll see, eventually. And you're right, in a month or two the furor will die down and they'll be at least somewhat easier to find. (Unless they ARE rare, like the coppers, despite what their moronic spriter claims.)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• i think part of the reason why coppers are so inflated from their supposed rarity is that they were released in the middle of a week of releases. everyone was already locked by then, and the next releases after that made them difficult to find for those who preferred to avoid the release-day rush.

It's more than that. I see some of the more recent releases - even many from that week of releases - in the cave all the time. I have NEVER - and I mean NEVER - seen a copper in the cave. Not once. I have seen silvers and golds, but never once a copper, not even to not be able to catch it. I mean I've never even SEEN one. That's why I think they're rare. I would have seen one at least once, if it was merely uncommon. But not ONCE have I seen a copper. That means they're not artificially rare, but are truly rare, despite the stupid remark of the spriter. (And yes, I will use that harsh of a word, because I think she's a moron if she continues to insist that they are not rare.)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Yes! Let's all insult the spriter, who didn't actually make the ratios! What a moron! How dare she tell us truthfully that they were intended to be uncommon! Boo! Hiss! If TJ made them rarer without telling her, it is clearly HER responsibility! Stupid idiot! Burn her! ;)

True, they are incredibly hard to find in the cave (so were Blacks for a long time) but Coppers breed a lot better than rares (so did the Blacks). Does that mean they might be very uncommon instead of rare? It seems unlikely, but I don't presume to rule it out. I'm such a moron! :D

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I'm irritated with her because she INSISTED that everyone was wrong for claiming they were rares. I find that sort of insistence irritating and stupid. This is despite evidence that in fact the dragons don't appear in the biomes that they're supposed to appear in. She got hers from the start, so therefore she doesn't consider them rare.

Yeah, TJ making them rare (and not telling her) was irritating as well. TJ really doesn't care if people have trouble finding eggs that they want; he can get whatever he wants whenever he wants, so really has no clue how the people who actually play the game deal with things. I've never seen him actually try to figure out how the mechanics work for the player, or ask the public at large what they think. He seems to isolate himself and not care. He's made himself unavailable for PMs, and he doesn't let anyone see his scroll. I'm sure he's concerned about scroll bombing, but he already has it fixed that his eggs and hatchlings will never die, so I don't really see the big deal anyway. I don't personally care if I can see his scroll or not, I just find that sort of distancing disturbing.

It's like if I were writing a computer program, and I didn't care what the users were actually going to do with it. If I just wrote it and said, "It's what I wrote, deal with it," I wouldn't be a very good programmer. A programmer has to be very aware of his users; TJ doesn't even try to be, other than to his favored few.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• She intended them not to be rare, but TJ had obviously other plans. From time to time I see a Copper in the cave, I just saw one two days ago actually.

I hope the Undine Alts are not too hard to get...

On a different note: I wish exterminans would finally add the Avatar eggs to the dragonmarket...

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Yes that's true, TJ isn't really big on transparency...
    I suppose it's one way to stay sane when hundreds of people all demand different things, but he could at least say what's going on. I'm beta testing the encyclopedia and sometimes I have no idea if I should report something as a bug or if it's supposed to work that way because we don't get much feedback. There aren't many bugs though anyway.

• Really, you´re testing the encyclopedia? That`s cool. :thumbup: I guess you´re not allowed to say more about it, are you? :whistling:

BTW, is anyone interested in swapping a 2nd gen Avatar of Creation (from Tri-Horn Wyvern) for the same or one of the following pairings? :)

Creation from: Nebula (Red or Green), f Lumina, m Sunsong, f Sunrise
    Change from: f Nhiostryfe, m Tan Ridgewing
    Destruction from: m Brute, f Electric, f Falconiform, f Seragamma, m Sunstone, m Vine

Make an offer on my Avatar egg!

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Well, eight eggs would indicate the dimorphism of both the parents and the hatchlings, right? Isn't that the way he usually does it? Well, that is, four eggs would be dimorphism of both; since we have alts AND dimorphism of the alts, that makes eight.

Or at least, I'm presuming that's what he's talking about. Breed-only wouldn't be too bad; at least we'd be guaranteed that we could get some! :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Really, you´re testing the encyclopedia? That`s cool. :thumbup: I guess you´re not allowed to say more about it, are you? :whistling:

We are allowed to talk about it, but discouraged from discussing details as a lot of things are still being changed around so it would just cause confusion. Currently TJ is fixing the elemental affinity that isn't showing up properly for everyone, I'm pretty excited about that new aspect to the game. :D

• I'm irritated with her because she INSISTED that everyone was wrong for claiming they were rares. I find that sort of insistence irritating and stupid. This is despite evidence that in fact the dragons don't appear in the biomes that they're supposed to appear in. She got hers from the start, so therefore she doesn't consider them rare.

Yeah, TJ making them rare (and not telling her) was irritating as well. TJ really doesn't care if people have trouble finding eggs that they want; he can get whatever he wants whenever he wants, so really has no clue how the people who actually play the game deal with things. I've never seen him actually try to figure out how the mechanics work for the player, or ask the public at large what they think. He seems to isolate himself and not care. He's made himself unavailable for PMs, and he doesn't let anyone see his scroll. I'm sure he's concerned about scroll bombing, but he already has it fixed that his eggs and hatchlings will never die, so I don't really see the big deal anyway. I don't personally care if I can see his scroll or not, I just find that sort of distancing disturbing.

It's like if I were writing a computer program, and I didn't care what the users were actually going to do with it. If I just wrote it and said, "It's what I wrote, deal with it," I wouldn't be a very good programmer. A programmer has to be very aware of his users; TJ doesn't even try to be, other than to his favored few.

I have to agree with this to an extent. I got a lot of coppers when they were released but since then, I haven't seen one in the biomes either so I'd presume they're rare. I mean, I see more trios and golds//silvers than coppers in there. About TJ, I get that impression too. He just gets every variant whether or not he's the spriter and doesn't ask dragon cave players what they think at all :c He probably thinks he's above the rest of us 'cause he was the one who started the site himself, I expect it's made him a bit too full of himself.

I'm thinking that the alt is probably similar to the black alt and the vine alt, it's just a rarer variant :-p

My Garden :

My Scroll: