Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Just got another moist egg, they were just lying around in the cave.... Well, next time, I'll know there's no need to rush! But I was confused by some forum posts that claimed the new eggs would only drop for an hour or so. :/

blobber: Those hatchlings look great! Where did you find the images?

Edit:
    @Mia: I had completely overlooked your earlier posting, so sorry! Thanks for the explanation!

• The fact that there's three of each, and the hatchlings all look the same, indicates that at least with both of these variants, there is adult dimorphism. I always prefer when the adults are dimorphic; it's easier for me to sort my dragons, because you can tell at a glance if it's male or female. :)

Oh, and the blue ones ARE pretty. I'll wait until the others are adults before I pass judgement. :)

Edit: Both variants are still showing up fairly frequently in the caves. I found the same thing with the last few new variants. Either they are very common, or he's now making newer variants drop more often for a while. I have six more of the blue ones already. :) If anyone has a terrible connection and needs one or two, let me know and after cool-down I can send you a trade. (Just trade me a random AP egg so I'll know you get it and it won't go to someone random that I don't know.)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (April 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM).

• On the DC forum, TJ announced three upcoming events today:

Yep, Easter is next Sunday (April 20). The yearly Festival of Eggs will be making a comeback. Look for a news thread this weekend.

There will be two events coming up in May:

The first, on Saturday, May 03, 2014, is the May release. It will occur at 1 PM EST. This is a refinement from this month's experiment--note the change from Sunday to Saturday.

The second is DC's birthday (May 21), which falls on a Wednesday this year. The event will begin at midnight EST (that is, the time after 11:59:59 on May 20), and details will be announced at that time.

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• Thank you.
    Not sure I'll bother with the Festival of eggs this year. Maybe get one or two just to get the badge. It's pretty time consuming and a bit pointless.

Can't remember them doing a birthday thing before.

Edited once, last by blobber (April 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM).

• I most likely won't be online on the 20th but I already have the easter basket badge anyway.

Last year we got 7 new dragons for DC's 7th birthday, but I doubt there will be 8 dragons this year. :D There used to be a new dragon release for each birthday but we didn't have regular releases then, so it might be something else this year... who knows?

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• So, instead of getting up at 6am on Sunday for a new release, I just have to be home at 7pm on Saturday.

I hope we don`t get a mass release like last birthday. I`m still struggling with getting all the coppers...

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

Edited once, last by idril (April 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM).

• Oh, i remember the birthday release was pure crazyness... :S
    I had to go on a trip for two days and because i didn't wanted to miss out the dragons from that day i made some CRAZY IOU deals with some nice players.Like: i give you xx hatchies of day 1 and 2 if you give me xx hatchies of day 4 and 5 or something like that...I'm happy it worked quite well, because the dragons i would have missed would have been the Coppers...and so i got at least one pair of each colour!

Meanwhile i got a few more, unless the green ones where i still miss one to have a second breeding pair.But i'm content. :saint:

So the DC birthday was really exciting! I'm curious what will be this time!

• Oh, do you think the Festival of Eggs is pointless? I had a look at some collections and thought the eggs looked really nice. But I have no idea how or where they can be found.

Dragon mass release sounds rather stressful, I don't think I'm cut out for that kind of hunt...

• "But I have no idea how or where they can be found."
    They pop up every 5-15 minutes roughly, on whatever page you are on in the cave. The same one keeps popping up over and over until you take it. It takes a lot of time to get them all, assuming you can get 4-6 eggs an hour at that rate. I think they continue for several days so you should have time to collect them all even if you have to be away from the cave for a long period of time for work, sleep, school, etc

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)