Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Which ones are those - the opalescent, or the red ones?

And how does anyone already have hatched eggs? They haven't even been out for 24 hours, and my experience is that eggs can't even start cracking until they're down to 6 days 0 hours.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Those are TJ's, which he speeds up the hatching of. And it's all of them! :)

1-3 are the blue opalescent, 4-6 are the green opalescent, and the last 4 are the red ones.

Edit: Blobber beat me :P

• Oh, that's right. I forget that TJ "cheats". :)

And of COURSE those are the opalescent. They're the more interesting looking ones, of which of course I caught NONE. (sigh)

At least now I have a better idea of when the monthly eggs will be released, and I can try not to be egg-locked again. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I have no opalescent either. I've only seen one.
    The other eggs seemed to be dropping much earlier this time. This morning. (UK time)
    Usually only the new eggs drop for a much longer time.

EDIT. Just now,well at 10 o'clock, there were hardly any new eggs of either kind, but lots of cave blockers. :cursing:

Edited once, last by blobber (August 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM).

• Yeah, I noticed that. I thought we were supposed to get the eggs for 24 hours before they went to the regular schedule. This way only the fanatics who stay and look for them exactly at midnight are the only ones who will get the new ones. The older way was better - at least you'd have more in the system before they went to their normal rarity.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• This is why I say TJ can never have the 'fair playing field' he insists it is as long as he insists on everything being scheduled by cave time.
    The time the US gain at the beginning of the day Europe should gain at the end of it. That never happens now.

• Well, technically speaking, everyone has the same number of hours where everything is available. It's just that you have to know where your timezone fits in with their timezone, and I imagine that isn't easy if you aren't in the U.S. It isn't easy for me using this site, for the same reason. :) I'm not even entirely sure which time zone DC is on. (I think it's east coast, but I'm not positive.) This actually gives west coast people an advantage; it starts at midnight on the east coast, but at 9pm on the west coast. That's not an unreasonable hour to stay up for. (Although I always forget, and I usually don't start hunting until after midnight on the west coast.) I have no idea what the equivalent time in Europe would be. But if it's, say, 8am, it might actually be easier; staying up late is often harder than getting up early, at least for me.

I'm not saying that having them only for a few hours, like it was this time, is reasonable. Having them drop for the full 24 hours is better, because A) it makes it not quite as HORRIBLY competitive (once someone has 7 on their scroll, they can't get any more, anyway, and others get a chance), and B) it gives everyone an equal chance, regardless of schedules (work, sleep, children, etc.). Each of the May drops got almost a full 24 hours, and in the past it was always 24 hours. In July I think it was 24 hours as well, but I'm not sure. I think that because TJ gets them automatically, he doesn't understand it from the POV of someone who has to fight with a crappy internet connection, limited hours on the computer, etc. Or maybe he just doesn't care.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I think that because TJ gets them automatically, he doesn't understand it from the POV of someone who has to fight with a crappy internet connection, limited hours on the computer, etc. Or maybe he just doesn't care.

I think it's a little bit of both. When he did that thing with making Java Script required and made some sort of silly statement about testing it out on different simulated systems or whatever, it was pretty clear that he doesn't really have much of an idea what some of us deal with on old systems, lousy connections, etc. And that in spite of numerous complaints he apparently has his own reasons for ignoring what we try to tell him.
    This month also seemed a lot harder than last month so maybe this is just one more thing TJ is messing with and changing up without bothering to tell people about it. It's very frustrating.
    There have been a number of interesting posts in the release thread, and some mention of maybe bringing ideas for a different way to handle new drops to the suggestion forum for discussion. I'd like to see that happen, especially if Skauble starts the topic.

DC time is US eastern time and it sucks being on DC time for new releases. :sleeping:

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• DC midnight is 5am for me. No way am I going to get up for that!
    This time I started hunting about 9am and the regular dragons started dropping about 11am, maybe before, so people on DC time or close to it had more time to madly click without the chance of a misclick.
    TJ tries to baffle people with technical jargon that doesn't always hold water and no, he doesn't care. As long as he has his sycophants telling him he's wonderful he'll never listen.

• Actually Blobber I think you probably picked a good time to start hunting. I've been on vacation for the last two releases, so like a lunatic I stayed up for the releases, determined to 'get mine', lol. Both times I was completely unable to grab a single thing until around 3 or 4 hours after the after the first drop (about the same time you started hunting) when all the fast people were finally locked and gone.
    I think for the next one I might save myself the headache and just set my clock to get up early instead of staying up all night and spending hours wildly frustrated and raging at measly 2 second long drops, so I'll be the one getting up at 5AM, yikes!

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)