Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• walkinslow: No, every month they release a new kind of dragon egg. You will be able to get it at anytime. HOWEVER... for the first 24 hours the egg drops CONSTANTLY in whatever biome it will be native to. Later on the egg may be common, uncommon, or rare, but the very first day everyone has a chance to grab the eggs as long as they are not egg-locked and have a good connection to be able to compete with everyone else for them. If the egg later turns out to be rare, sometimes the first-day drops are the only real chance you'll have to get a caveborn of the type.

Most people (including me) try to make sure we're not scroll-locked so we can grab as many of the eggs as possible. If he releases TWO kinds of eggs (which happens occasionally), then it becomes harder, but in some ways it's more fun. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Sorry blobber, I got a bit confused.
    Does this GMT things change according to seasons? I think we stick with GMT+8 here.. I know I used to be 8 hours ahead of you but in summer time it is 7 hours ahead of your time..

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Well, congratulations, blobber! Any more clues what kind of dragon this could be? I only saw the new eggs, but couldn't catch anything. To be honest, I found the procedure appalingly degrading, with so many people hunting for something that was deliberately kept in very short supply. Not my cup of tea. :(

• We will only know when TJ´s dragons have hatched/ grown up. But the announcement pic says they are supposed to be drakes.... :)

As for catching: it was easier as I thought, but I´d still like the old release time back. Waiting the whole day for the new eggs is nerve-racking...

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• I managed to get three of one type and four of the other. :) I've influenced them so I should have an equal number of each gender. (Barring my extra.) Hopefully the one I have three of will be common later, so I'll be able to get at least one more and make it even. :)

Some of the newer releases have been common, but a couple have been rare. Especially the coppers, which the creator said were supposed to be "uncommon at the worst", those are the rarest of all the newer dragons.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I got five noisy ones and one moist. Going to trade one noisy for a second moist and then maybe another two for something nice once the cooldown wears off. Or, if anyone here has trouble getting noisy ones, I can part with those latter two.

• Ugh, I took a nap yesterday so that I wouldn't be too tired to make it through the drop, and then....nothing. I was up from midnight until about three AM watching old movies because there were no eggs to hunt, sigh.
    I happen to be off this weekend for vacation but if this is going to be a regular time I'm out of luck since I typically work weekend days during the new time. I really hope that if he doesn't go back to midnight that he tries something else. My personal vote would be for about 8-9 pm cave time, like that will ever happen, lol.

Lady Nova, I think someone (maybe someone here) passed on a tip for hunting when there are more than one new kind of egg in a release. Fill up on however many AP eggs, leaving open only the number of slots for one particular kind of egg you want. (If you want two noisy eggs then only leave two slots open) Grab those, then dump your AP eggs and fill those now empty slots with the other kind of new egg. That way you don't end up with more of one kind than you want. Works really well for me!

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• tawanda: You have to refresh the biome on the 5 minute mark exactly. The eggs go fast, so even one minute afterwards the biome will be empty. The drops occur at the :00, :05, :10, :15, :20, etc. after the hour, so every five minutes of the day.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Caught almost nothing last night (egg hunting on an old netbook is no fun and husband dearest took the desktop). Fortunately, about 6 am our time it was much better and I have a pair of both new eggs, which is just what I wanted.