Garden Helpers - Discussion thread

• Considering how quickly the seeds in Lorrell's post reached full maturity, I think it must have at least something to do with the length of time from being abandoned. I could be completely wrong of course but I agree that those seeds are being incredibly stubborn. :)

• I'm not sure. The pumpkin and the dandelion in gruenkern's post are much older and they've sprouted really rapidly. Well, finally the saintpaulia in Gwen's post has sprouted - but it's been on yarold's since the very beginning of my being registered there.

• The third is grown up now, too :

It was amazing how fast it went. :thumbup:

I just wonder, why the event-plants in my post not even sprouted. :( They have no water at all, I cannot understand why.

74637.png69634.png72388.png- ---..- .. . ...........1080348.png1080247.png1080193.png1079789.png
    Flowergame-Name: Sahra - - - - - - - - ---- -- Please help them growing/Bitte hilf ihnen zu wachsen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ----- - -- - -  :thumbup: Thank you/Danke

Edited once, last by Lorell (October 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM).

• The third is grown up now, too :

It was amazing how fast it went. :thumbup:

I just wonder, why the event-plants in my post not even sprouted. :( They have no water at all, I cannot understand why.

Hi Lorell, the reason the plants you posted from Aviala's Greenhouse (your first row) came along well after sprouting (when I picked them up) is I took them to Yarold's and put one of them in my dragoncave signature for sunshine. I don't have all day to click at Yarolds so I only put one or two plants in at a time and rotate them. But I really think the extra sunshine that dragon cave forum generates is a big help too. That forum was enough to keep my garden full sun without doing any games, now I play games for the sunshine in my personal garden and post orphans from the click thread in my signature. I try to post ones that are getting watered so that we can maximize our efforts.

Right now I am watering (on Yarold's) the christmas tree in gruenkern 's post from pokerfata's Greenhouse, someone else has been watering the pumpkin and dandilion but is silly when I am getting sun for the garden with my dragon cave signature to have the christmas tree sitting there neglected. So that is my focus this weekend.

• Hi Dracaena,

thank you for the explanation!
    Now I understand it and I have to say: Great job!!! :thumbup:

I don't know Yarolds but I think it is a kind of forum, isn't it?

Have a nice weekend
    Lorell

74637.png69634.png72388.png- ---..- .. . ...........1080348.png1080247.png1080193.png1079789.png
    Flowergame-Name: Sahra - - - - - - - - ---- -- Please help them growing/Bitte hilf ihnen zu wachsen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ----- - -- - -  :thumbup: Thank you/Danke

• Watering (dewing) the seeds helps me learn what the different seeds are, I like that. It helps to choose seeds from the wilds. :) But I'm wondering what it means when it says in the descriptions "...unreadable handwriting..."

• Watering (dewing) the seeds helps me learn what the different seeds are, I like that. It helps to choose seeds from the wilds. :) But I'm wondering what it means when it says in the descriptions "...unreadable handwriting..."

The information about who picked up a plant was not always availabe. It was implemented sometime after the game started. And the seed that have been picked up before that date have that ..unreadable handwriting... note.

• I don't know Yarolds but I think it is a kind of forum, isn't it?

Yarolds is a click exchange site for collectable on line games. You have to click other people's links to "pay" for the clicks you get for your links and they keep track! If your credits go negative then your link is pulled. You can find Yarold's here if you are interested.

Oh boy! I just looked at our click thread. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but maybe the searchers are getting a little too carried away? I see one new garden mostly watered, is it really abandoned? I see another that isn't even a month since the last sprouts, that person could just be on vacation. I am too overwhelmed to even click every one of the new post of 75 plus. 8| I just did around 300 clicks at Yarolds to "pay" for the few drops of water since last night to max out the water for the one christmas tree seed that sprouted today. We have months of work ahead of us.

Edited once, last by Dracaena (October 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM).

• Dracaena, I imagine you are talking about my post. I know I did get carried away looking for abandoned seeds - I noted down even more on my computer. I've taken off those that were taken or sprouted in 2012. Would the remaining plants get better care if I took off half (or two-thirds) of them, to take the post down to a less intimidating size? I'm very new to this so I don't know the best way to help these seedlings.

Thanks,
    Lissa

• Well, I have an addon that helps in clicking multiple links like that - it's called Snap Links It makes it go a lot faster. I only know about it because I used to be on Yarolds and clicked faithfully every day and that's what the people there in my group said to do. If you computer will do it, you can click on a LOT (say, 80 - 100) links and they will all open up in separate tabs. Then you just have to go control w to close them all. Fortunately with flowergame, there is nothing else to do except click on the link. Some places you have to click on something on the page that opens up, which takes a little more time.

• I would like to say that, if you use snap links, be careful how many links you open at once. Even if you don't look at the pages, your computer's graphics card has to render them anyway. I actually overheated and crashed the graphics card on my old computer from overdoing snap links. Yarolds also has systems in place that disallow your clicks on certain sites if they happen too quickly, so you'll want to be careful about that if you're just clicking on things without checking to see what they are. (And anyone who uses snap-links to open flowergame links, and then closes the link without looking at the page, does us no good because they have to click a button on the page they've opened in order to actually see and water the flower.)

• The pumpkin in gruenkern's post is now fully grown and, as Dracaena pointed out, the Christmas tree has sprouted. :)

Sorry Alia, it looks like patience is the order of the day with those Valentine's Hearts :(