New flowers / Neue Pflanzen

• This day i found a new variant of the bleeding heart on our cemetery. It was pure white and looked really great!! Sadly i have no picture of it.

Please help them grow!! :thumbsup

• Yes!! It's really pretty, not? Do you know how they breed? Some plants i knew can be breed very easily only by putting a part in water, then it becomes roots.

• That's not good. I can hardlly go to the cemetery and dig out a plant from another ones grave. I think i have to ask a florist if i can buy it somewhere.

• I thought of more.

Calla Lily (they come in lots of colors, as seen below)

Lotus (lots of colors!) <---- of all suggestions including mine, I'd say this and 'bird of paradise' are my two highest desired ones

Purple Shamrock (Shamrock and Clover are two different plants, so I thought I'd say purple shamrock, though I wouldn't be surprised if you used both)

Also Violets (African Violets are white)

• That's not good. I can hardlly go to the cemetery and dig out a plant from another ones grave. I think i have to ask a florist if i can buy it somewhere.

Check the internet, over here you can order them online from several shops.

Viirin - we already have Calla in the garden, only under the name Arum Lily (Zantedeschia) - this is one of mine:

• We have African violets, too. Saintpaulia, they are properly called. And they come in many different colors besides white.
    Perhaps it would be good to remind folks to look at the proper scientific name of any species they wish to be added to be sure it isn't already on the site. Common names (especially as ours differ from the German to the English) are notoriously unreliable.
    Zantedeschia alone can be called Arum lilies (from their new genus), Calla lilies (from their old genus), Easter lilies or Lily of the Nile. But the true six-part Lilium lily can also be called Easter lily, and in my home region Narcissus is known as Easter lily (don't ask me why). And Lily of the Nile is also the common name for Agapanthus, a fleshy plant that bears large round heads of small blue or white flowers on long stalks in mid to late summer. But Agapanthus isn't a lily at all, nor is it native to the Nile River region.
    No wonder we're all confused about which plant is called what. O.o

• I said it wrong. I know we have clover, when I look at who is online and click everyone's everything that needs water I see Clover pretty often. What I didn't see though is Shamrock. The Calla Lily I'm glad is in the game already :) I just didn't get one yet, that's all.

• Where's the difference between clover and shamrock? I'm not familiar with the differences in some english words and I always thought it was pretty much the same flower.
    We also have two kinds of "clovers" (one normal and one event clover, which are different from each other). Maybe one of those is a shamrock?

• Shamrock is not a species, but the name for the symbol of a single, three-leave clover. Most common a Trifolium repens like the one we allready have.

• In dieser Jahreszeit sieht man ganz viele verschiedene Zierkürbisse in Deutschland. Wäre das nicht vielleicht etwas? Sie haben schöne Formen und ganz unterschiedliche Farben ... :thumbup:

In this time of the year you can see many kinds of decorative gourds in Germany. What would you think about them? They habe nice shapes and beautiful colours ... :thumbup:

Here are some links:

klick

klick again

74637.png69634.png72388.png- ---..- .. . ...........1080348.png1080247.png1080193.png1079789.png
    Flowergame-Name: Sahra - - - - - - - - ---- -- Please help them growing/Bitte hilf ihnen zu wachsen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ----- - -- - -  :thumbup: Thank you/Danke

• The confusion with Shamrocks stems from American florists selling Oxalis acetosella or a similar species like the purple leaved variety above as "shamrocks" in fancy foil wrappers around St. Patrick's day, like they do poinsettias around Christmas. The term 'shamrock' comes from an old Irish term, and I'm not certain but I suspect it was used for both trifolium and oxalis, which both occur there. They are similar in leaf, but from very different families with very different flowers.

The white dicentra pictured above is probably Dicentra spectabilis alba. If you ask your local florist (I am assuming that is what we in the US call a plant nursery?) for that, you'll have better luck. You could also look for seeds, though I never saw any develop on my plants when I had it. At least here in the US, it's pretty easy to find mail order too, on the internet.

Viirin's pic of a violet is a sweet violet (Viola sp, probably V. sororia). African Violets are Saintpaullia in the gesneriaceae, again, completely different families and not at all closely related. The violet in the pic is closely related to the garden pansies already on the site though. There are hundreds of Viola species and cultivars to choose from, with flowers in almost all colors of the rainbow, including black.

Waterlilies would be fun, but then we would just have to have a pond, with other pond plants to go with it, right? Cattails and marsh grasses around the edge, as well as things like Lobelia cardinalis, swamp lanterns (Lysichiton americanus), monkeyflower (Mimulus guttatus), lady fern (Athyrium felix-femina)... lots of cool water plants to choose from, and could be a whole room of its own. But maybe that is too much to ask? lol

• Waterlilies would be fun, but then we would just have to have a pond, with other pond plants to go with it, right? Cattails and marsh grasses around the edge, as well as things like Lobelia cardinalis, swamp lanterns (Lysichiton americanus), monkeyflower (Mimulus guttatus), lady fern (Athyrium felix-femina)... lots of cool water plants to choose from, and could be a whole room of its own. But maybe that is too much to ask? lol

Really cool idea! :thumbup: