Where do you come from/ Wo kommt ihr her

• Hi I'm from Malaysia. I seem to be one of the few Asians here...

I'm Chinese, but I only can speak English. I know a little bit of Cantonese since my Mom speaks Cantonese.

• I'm from the Netherlands. I like to think my English is pretty good, and after living in a neighbouring country plus 6 years of German in high school I can usually understand it pretty well, but speaking/writing it is a different story... That would require much more practice than I'm getting at the moment. So I'm sorry, no bilingual posts from me I'm afraid. :(

• Well my heritage is almost purely Scottish so I'm about as far from my roots as it's possible to get. Maybe one day I'll have the chance to get back *sighs*
    Am I the only one from the Southern Hemisphere?

I've just come back to this thread today.
    You know seileach is Scottish Gaelic for willow? I suppose you do and that's why you chose the name. :D

• I'm from Lower Saxony, Germany - I grew up speaking German.

I'm also fluent in English. My English teachers in school were quite good and taught me a lot - but in the end it was living abroad (one year in Glasgow, Scotland, and one year in Ottawa, Canada) and having to use the language on a daily basis that gave me confidence and - eventually - fluency.

I also speak some Scottish Gaelic (no blobber, you're not alone ;) ) - and a tiny bit of Welsh.

• I am from the USA, California and a bit more precisely the Mojave desert near Death Valley. We have a lot of creosote, sagebrush, salt cedars(not sure what else they are called) and of course Joshua trees. When we have a wet winter we get lots of spring flowers and Death Valley is a great place to go see a great abundance of them.

I can't say that i really speak any other language than english but i know a smattering of french and some spanish although what i know of spanish is actually mexican of which i know just enough to get my self in trouble with! :whistling: I am capable of deciphering most romantic based languages in writing but would be lost if i was trying to listen. I have a keen interest in all languages and their histories and common roots. lol i just never really learned any seriously.

Edit:

Ich bin aus den USA, California und ein bisschen genauer die Mojave-Wüste in der Nähe Death Valley. Wir haben eine Menge von Kreosot, Beifuß, Salz Zedern (nicht sicher, was sie genannt werden) und natürlich Joshua Bäumen. Wenn wir einen nassen Winter haben wir bekommen viele Frühlingsblumen und Death Valley ist ein großartiger Ort zu gehen sehen eine große Fülle von ihnen.

Ich kann nicht sagen, dass ich wirklich sprechen eine andere Sprache als Englisch, aber ich weiß, ein paar Brocken Französisch und etwas Spanisch obwohl das, was ich kenne spanisch ist eigentlich mexican von denen ich gerade genug, um mich selbst in Schwierigkeiten mit sich kennen! : whistling: Ich bin in der Lage zu entschlüsseln romantischsten basierte Sprachen in Textform, jedoch wäre verloren, wenn ich versuchte, zu hören. Ich habe ein großes Interesse in allen Sprachen und ihre Geschichte und gemeinsamen Wurzeln. lol Ich habe nie wirklich gelernt, eine ernst.

Ich habe Google so leid übersetzen, wenn dies ein wenig ab ...

• HI. I'm from the northeastern U.S.A., the state is New Hampshire. My favorite flower here is the lilac (bush), it has the most heavenly scent! We still have lots of wild flowers, if you know where to look for them, including "lady slipper", and something we called "Indian paint brush" when I was a kid, living out in the country. I have no idea at all what the correct name for them is! :D
    I think German is a fun language to speak, but I know very little. One of my friends in school had lived her early years in Germany, and taught us all some rude phrases, lol. Since then, I've learned more polite words! The sounds seem alot like English to me, its easier to say than Spanish (I've been trying to learn that also.) Games like this can be useful to learn or practice another language.

• My favorite flower here is the lilac (bush), it has the most heavenly scent! We still have lots of wild flowers, if you know where to look for them, including "lady slipper", and something we called "Indian paint brush" when I was a kid, living out in the country. I have no idea at all what the correct name for them is! :D

I looked up you plants at wikipedia. There'are more german people here, it might be interesting for others:
    "lady slipper" is an orchid, it's name similar in german: Frauenschuh
    We probably don't have "Indian paint brush" in Germany, wikipedia doesn't even know a german name for it. All species come from Northamerica, Northasia and Russia.
    They seem to be an interesting plants: They are half-parasites, living on the roots of grass. Castilleja linariifolia is the state flower of Wyoming.
    Lilac is called Flieder in german. It's planted in parks and garden, but probably not growing wild.

I think German is a fun language to speak, but I know very little. One of my friends in school had lived her early years in Germany, and taught us all some rude phrases, lol.

As a german, I don't think, it's a fun language. I'm glad that I didn't have to learn it (ok, I learned it, when I learned to speak). I think it's a very difficult language and it has a terrible grammar.

• Oh ja. Köln ist die Stadt mit dem Dom direkt neben dem Hauptbahnhof. ^^ Es ist lang her, als ich dort war und das echte Klölsch in stilechter Umgebung probierte. Im ersten Moment war ich über die bauliche Lösung bissele irritiert. Aber was soll's? Einige Städte haben so ihre kleinen Besonderheiten. :P

[align=center]

• Oh ja Aztekior diese grauenvolle Bausünde rund um unseren Dom ärgert alle , nur nicht den dämlichen Architekten der das unheimlich toll findet "hust" .
    Doch das wird sich bald ändern es soll wieder so ähnlich gemacht werden wie es von dem Umbau war.
    Wenn du mal wieder Lust auf ein Kölsch hast ..... melde dich :)