Christmas Gift Exchange

• We had one last year and I enjoyed it so much, I thought it would be nice to have another! :D If you would like to draw names for a Christmas Gift Exchange (meaning plants), please sign up below!

Signed up:

1. Shelybear
    2. Bluheart
    3. Jedi
    4. animetriplicate
    5. Mimmu
    6. LadyNova
    7. fredsnail
    8. truelinor
    9. georgexu94
    10. Batcheva
    11. idril

Good! We've got ten eleven people! (I didn't notice there was a second page! Oops!) That's a good number, especially when it's been so slow lately.

OK, I'll be sending out your names tonight - please get something ready for your person and we can exchange "presents" on or before Christmas Day. Is that alright with everyone? Let me know if you have any problem, OK?

• I got everyone so far! Hope some more people will sign up. :D

Count me in.

Question: How do we draw the name of the person we gift the plants to?

I'll draw names for everyone and then PM everyone's name to them. You can take it from there. There's really no way to remain anonymous since the recipient can always look at the plant's current location to learn who it was sent from.

Am I correct in thinking that this will function as a sort of Secret Santa? If so then count me in as well. :)

It is, well, up until they are actually sent - then you will know who had your name, since there is no way to send them anonymously. But, that's OK - we did it last year. ;)

You can make it special somehow. Last year I made a website, which I hope to use again this year. So instead of just sending them the links to the flowers/plants I wanted to gift them, I sent them a link to the website where they got the plants by going through a series of pages and (extremely) mini games - well, sort of like a minigame.

But you don't have to make a website, you could do any number of things. For instance:

* write a note along with the links
    * quote a poem
    * insert a Christmasy graphic into your message
    * try to chose plants they are missing
    * make it your own! :D

• I got everyone so far! Hope some more people will sign up. :D

I'll draw names for everyone and then PM everyone's name to them. You can take it from there. There's really no way to remain anonymous since the recipient can always look at the plant's current location to learn who it was sent from.

Oh okay thanks for the info. I still want to do it as it sounds a lot of fun.

• I think we are still doing a chain gifting rather than exchange between two people. So the rules apply to this year's plan as well. Unless you want to make it harder/funnier (e.x. having the rules saying which type(s) of flower should be gifted, rather than randomly pick some from your garden) As we can always see who's the gifter from plants' history, it is impossible to be completely secrete. So we don't need the poll again.

For the rules of designating certain breed of flowers, some possibilities could be:

• You can only gift what your giftee doesn't have at all/have less than a certain number.
    • You must gift flowers from a certain catalog (must be a rose/must be a purple plant,etc).
    • It must be raised within two weeks.
    • etc.

And if enough people get involved, we can see if we're having the same rule for everyone, or have different for each.

But firstly, let's hope more people will sign up.

• OK, I'll sign you two up!

I don't see the need for the plant to be from a certain family or catalog or for it being raised in the last two weeks. However, I do think people should check out their name's garden to see what they have and how they can help out. So, I think I'll add this one:

You can only gift what your giftee doesn't have at all/have less than a certain number.

However, I don't want anyone to feel that makes it too hard - some newbies might find it difficult to gift a more experienced player plants they don't have, so, basically, I guess other than timing, I don't really want any hard and fast rules.

Well, we got eight people so far! Does anyone else want to participate in our gift exchange? :D

• Last call for anyone else who would like to join in the Gift Exchange! I'll be sending everyone's names out to them tomorrow*, but I'll check this thread in case someone signs up at the last minute! (And that would be fine if you do!)

* I have to work all day tomorrow, so it will be late, EST.