I like you, however...

• No, you just turned 51. I will turn 51 in about six months. Not a full year older, and therefore only a few months older than I am.

Remember, "a few" isn't a particular number. It simply means more than one or two, and less than, say, a dozen. (Although it depends upon what you're talking about. "A few stars" could be a hundred or so, since there are billions in the galaxy, for instance.)

Since it is less than a year, it is a few months.

Hard to know since I had no idea what your Birth month is. Okay now it makes more sense.

Yeah a few can mean lots of different things.

• At our age, I figure less than a year makes almost no difference. (I never give out any information about my birthdate because I'm paranoid about identity theft. Same reason I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or any of those other social networking sites.)

Heck, even a few years makes pretty much no difference. Yet I remember as a teenager, even one or two years was HUGE! How different things are when you have more years on you. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• So, does that make me and Mia cats then? Walking on keyboards to post stuff... :D

What I meant when I said that is basically, if there is a guy in the avatar, I generally think of that person as a guy - why is beyond me, since it has proven over and over again not to be.

I hope everyone gets the message - I've edited my first post. I'm happy for the neat conversation we've had on avatars and other things, but if you would, please "unlike" all the messages. Thanks! :) I want the "Likes" to mean something.

• Everyone knows I'm female from my username. But on a lot of sites I use "eljay" and most people think I'm a guy. Don't know why. Jedi's writing style and thought processes confounded me, honestly, because she seemed female but had a male avatar. I think a majority of people who play browser games are female, so we tend to think of fellow players as probably female. By the way, I'm 54. I play on sites where you don't dare talk about your age, but I know lots of older players who just play and don't talk much. So there are probably more of us out there than you think. Many young people seem to think that they invented games and that gaming is the province of the young, but my mom is still a gamer at 81. And those of us who remember feeding quarters to pinball machines (and later Pac-Man and Galaga and Tetris machines) were singularly dedicated to gaming, as we had to leave the house armed with change and play standing up against a big machine in a bowling alley or bar or roller rink, pizza parlor, etc.

• Everyone knows I'm female from my username. But on a lot of sites I use "eljay" and most people think I'm a guy. Don't know why. Jedi's writing style and thought processes confounded me, honestly, because she seemed female but had a male avatar. I think a majority of people who play browser games are female, so we tend to think of fellow players as probably female. By the way, I'm 54. I play on sites where you don't dare talk about your age, but I know lots of older players who just play and don't talk much. So there are probably more of us out there than you think. Many young people seem to think that they invented games and that gaming is the province of the young, but my mom is still a gamer at 81. And those of us who remember feeding quarters to pinball machines (and later Pac-Man and Galaga and Tetris machines) were singularly dedicated to gaming, as we had to leave the house armed with change and play standing up against a big machine in a bowling alley or bar or roller rink, pizza parlor, etc.

I have a male for a avatar as I happen to like Dean from Supernatural. and yes I remember those games all to well like Frogger and Centipede to name a few.

• My mother also plays video games and she's in her late 70s. (Not sure her exact age, she only mentions it on her birthday.) Only the women in my family are gamers, although when we were kids, my brother played pinball machines and then later pay video games far more than I did. My father doesn't understand the attraction of internet and video games at all.

I often use a male avatar for two reasons: 1) I don't necessarily want other players knowing that I'm female (particularly if it is a war/strategy game), and 2) I like looking at guys more. :)

My mother usually uses female avatars because I think she identifies with them; I use male avatars because I prefer to fantasize about them. ;)

It was confusing with Jedi at first, because the user name she picked was gender neutral. Now we know, so it's all good. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• My mother also plays video games and she's in her late 70s. (Not sure her exact age, she only mentions it on her birthday.) Only the women in my family are gamers, although when we were kids, my brother played pinball machines and then later pay video games far more than I did. My father doesn't understand the attraction of internet and video games at all.

I often use a male avatar for two reasons: 1) I don't necessarily want other players knowing that I'm female (particularly if it is a war/strategy game), and 2) I like looking at guys more. :)

My mother usually uses female avatars because I think she identifies with them; I use male avatars because I prefer to fantasize about them. ;)

It was confusing with Jedi at first, because the user name she picked was gender neutral. Now we know, so it's all good. :)

When I first started out it used to be Jedi17 (our house #) or Jedi40 (my age at that time) if I could find a good female Jedi picture to use for my avatar I would change it but I like looking a Dean more.

• I'm with Tru--I usually use an avatar related to the site I'm on. But I signed up here as froglady, so I found a cute stuffed frog. My avatars are always gender-neutral. I don't care for people knowing I'm female.
    And the comment about younger people thinking they invented gaming was aimed at the teens and 20-somethings out there who think anyone over 30 is too old to play, and don't mind telling you so in not-so-nice terms. There are a lot of them out there on browser-based games.
    The thing about females in the family being gamers holds true in my family, as well. Mom, my sister and I all played games. My dad didn't get it. My sister, her daughter and her son play, but her husband could care less. I think her son only got into games because he played them with his big sis.

• I use different avatars in different places, depending upon the place. Not that I bother to keep up with any forums, besides here and the Sims forums. I'm MiaSkywalker pretty much everywhere, except for some reason DC.

And I LOVE Jedi's new Avatar! Absolutely hilarious! Maybe not sexy-awesome like Dean, but I laughed out loud when I saw it!

94911.pngKokpD.gif