Mittsommer / midsummer

• I've been wondering for a while why there wasn't a female fern, too. I checked the breeding option and it looks like males can breed together though so maybe the name isn't a gender but an actual name of the fern? I don't know if that makes sense :p

My Garden :

My Scroll:

• So the reason 'male fern' got its name was because they contain only male part? And need a marvel fern to breed with since marvel fern are 'female'? Just curious, can male fern inbreed out of mid-summer?

P.S. Myon and I have been wondering for quite a while why there was not a 'female fern'. :p

According to wikipedia, people used to believe that the plant was the male version of the lady fern. They are different plants but the names stuck.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_fern

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I don't know - I had wondered the same thing last year but never asked. :)

The male ferns can breed with one another, both during this event and during the rest of the year. I don't think it means that they are really "male", but I don't know what it actually does mean.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I don't know - I had wondered the same thing last year but never asked. :)

The male ferns can breed with one another, both during this event and during the rest of the year. I don't think it means that they are really "male", but I don't know what it actually does mean.

According to wikipedia, people used to believe that the plant was the male
    version of the lady fern. They are different plants but the names stuck.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_fern

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• Mia, you had 22 Male ferns to breed with the Marvel ferns?!

I just dropped 7 and I would have dropped more if I had had more Male ferns! :D Hope someone gets them and gets the color they are looking for from them too! :D

Yes, I've been stocking up on them. :) The problem is that I miscalculated; I forgot to calculate in for the NEW Marvel ferns I would get this year, so I didn't have quite enough male ferns to breed all of my Marvels on this last run. Otherwise I would have dropped more into the garden for people to get. :)

I intend to stock up more male ferns over the coming year, although I'll probably be giving away some of my Marvels to newcomers in my welcome messages so I won't need to add TOO many more.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Yes, I've been stocking up on them. :) The problem is that I miscalculated; I forgot to calculate in for the NEW Marvel ferns I would get this year, so I didn't have quite enough male ferns to breed all of my Marvels on this last run. Otherwise I would have dropped more into the garden for people to get. :)

I intend to stock up more male ferns over the coming year, although I'll probably be giving away some of my Marvels to newcomers in my welcome messages so I won't need to add TOO many more.

Very clever idea! I'll have to see how many Male Ferns I'll be needing! :D

• I thought Marvels couldn't breed at all when the event isn't running. Guess I was wrong. :(

Edit: Just found one of my dropped seeds, and yes, it's a fern, not a Marvel. Guess the event is over. But it was fun while it lasted!

94911.pngKokpD.gif

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (July 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM).

• There are still plenty of seeds in the wild garden, just refresh the page a couple of times. :)
    I was lucky enough to get all variants, even the breed-only ones, yay! This was really fun, so thanks again for a great mid-summer event!