• Does it have to be a mushroom? I can't remember properly but I think I sacrificed something else last year.

EDIT: I looked back. In 2012 I think it was any plant but last year it was a witch mushroom.

Edited once, last by blobber (April 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM).

• It's... well, a bit weird that you have to abandon something to get a surprise. Anyway, it sounds fun. Another way of gaming. :)

I now want to know what plant is counted for the unknown surprise. I doubt I have enough time to raise a mushroom. It's already 28th(my local time).

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• A sacrifice kind of makes sense on Walpurgis Night, but I too hope that we can use something we have rather than a specific plant. Anyway, I'm curious to find out what this is all about. :D

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• To continue from idril:
    ... which means no one can ever get that mushroom again. :(

Edit:
    @Dustpupppy: last year it was specifically a witch mushroom that had to be sacrificed. I recall many people were upset about it last year (I think last year might have been the first year they required it), because you had to lose a mushroom in order to gain one, and we didn't see the point of that. Also, if I recall, the one we gained was NOT necessarily the new mushroom. I had to trade with someone in order to get the new style last year, and many of us felt that there were some serious issues with that event.

For new players there's still time to get a mushroom to sacrifice, because they've been dropping in the garden for 2 days. You should be able to have a grown mushroom by the end of the month.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (April 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM).

• I'm not sure whether we are going to do this "sacrifice thing" this year at all. Resonance the last two years wasn't so great and I can see clearly why most members don't like it.

• I think it's because we get attached to our flowers here. :) Sure, they're virtual, but they're pretty, and we love them. And when IRL you're a brown thumb like me, these are the only kinds of plants I can grow. :)

I got a bit distressed by the idea of sacrificing one last year. I wouldn't have minded so much giving one away (like we do with a flower on V-day), but killing it so no one could ever have it, that was just sad. :(

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I was not here participating in last year's event. But maybe it will be better if we can know which variety is needed and have time to prepare in advance. I personally will support to sacrifice a non-event plant, but if I have mushroom(s), that is not an issue for me. Or maybe we get stuffs other than plant seeds by sacrificing(if the artist have time to draw one)?
    It doesn't make sense to me that you sacrifice a new mushroom in order to get another mushroom(which you already have)..

Anyway, if we are going to do this this year, will we get a notification?

<3

• They probably need to do a manual seed drop again. :)

I think seed drops are automatic, but event seeds go much faster than non-event seeds, which is why they run out sooner.

They'll let us know what we need to do this year. It sounds like it won't be a sacrifice - Hurray! :thumbup:

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• For anyone looking for bred mushrooms, I just dropped five or six into the wild. I didn't write down the plant numbers, but if you're clever, and look into the mushrooms in my greenhouse for their children, you might get directly to one of them. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Thank you Mia, I will try to find one when I am free. I think we can see the lineage when we click on it before taking it to our gardens. That should be a easier way to know whether they are parentless or not. :)

<3

• Thanks Mia!
    I found one! :)
    Unfortunatly i had to abandon a parentless seed into the wild garden again that i took in yesterday, but i really wanted at least one bred one, because i couldn't breed them myself this year.It's my first time searching for mushrooms.

• The bred ones give you a chance at the pink and green mushrooms. It's the only way to get those two variants. :)

I do have a question mark in my compendium, which means there's a new variant out this year. So the question becomes, what quest are we going to do this year to get it? :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif