• Well so far I tried some works on this page:http://wiki.flowergame.net/en/event

Hopefully that's more detailed than before but still way tooooo incomplete. I just listed the basic structural and wrote down whatever I could remember(which was quite limited). I just started and I thought that giving each event a date and a one-line description is enough for menu. Since I was not here for most of the events, I cannot write in details. And I checked the old news threads to filled the dates. However, they might be wrong.

I haven't finished the list yet. Please go through it and tell me if this form is acceptable, then I will complete that list.
    The only event I wrote is Easter 2014. Check it and tell me whether you like it(and pick out all mistakes I made). :)

I don't think articles/new webpages are necessary for St.Patrick's Event for it has no special events other than collecting and breeding.

Oh-and I mostly use BrE but sometimes will mix up BrE and AmE. Which one would you like to see?

I got a bit lost and can't remember what I was going to said...so...tell me your opinions at first?

P.S. I added the new variants of holiday plants to the list but not descriptions.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

Edited once, last by Shelybear (May 26, 2014 at 4:21 AM).

• Oops sorry, I somehow thought that all dates ending with '1' should be st. lol.

Well Tru just reminded me a fact that all English components in Wiki were translated from German. So...should I wait until German is complete?

<3

• I like the list you have - not sure if it is complete or not - but I like it. I'm not sure if we need a page for each year explaining what happened that year or not, however, if you do decide to make it that way, you might consider using past tense since the event is over. (Using "was" instead of "is", etc.)

• Maybe a list with general descriptions and dates is enough.. I slightly doubt that I could fill in every single event-few can remember what happened. And even that list is far beyond complete. X/

I just filled the regular plants page.

<3

• I think an event list is a great addition! Especially the dates are interesting, and of course the plants. ;)
    We can reconstruct many events via the "News" section (either forum thread or announcements on top of our garden pages). I'll gladly contribute to that (need to have a closer look at the Wiki syntax first).

• Oops sorry, I somehow thought that all dates ending with '1' should be st. lol.

You are correct for every number ending in 1 EXCEPT if it ends in 11. It's because if it would be a number like "twenty one", you wouldn't say "twenty oneth", so you'd say "twenty first". However, in the case of 11, since it is "eleven", you would say "eleventh" rather than "elevenst".

The same would go for numbers ending in 2 or 3. In the case of "twenty two", it would be "twenty second", therefore 22nd, because you would never say "twenty twoth". However, for twelve you wouldn't say "twelvend", therefore it's "twelfth" (the v is even replaced with an f, go figure). And "thirteen" wouldn't become "thirteenrd" but instead "thirteenth", although every other number ending in 3 would have the rd at the end. So essentially just numbers ending in teens are affected. (11, 12, 13.)

Yes, English is a weird language. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• lol. Yeah it is! English is weird but not the most weird language among all.

I do know those because I've learnt it before(but sometimes I might forget the whole grammar things and run in to cases like 'wait, what should be here? I once KNEW it!'). It must be because I was unalive at 1a.m.

@walkinslow I'm glad that you're with me. I can't read German. xD

<3

• Ok, I finally got round to working on the wiki as promised. :) I added some more info to Shely's event page and corrected some minor typos/inaccuracies. My main source was the News section here, but for some early events, the exact dates (and sometimes the event itself ;) ) were not entirely clear, so I added a ? or two. BTW, I really liked the special event page for Easter 2014, why was it removed?

I also added a German version of the event overview (on the page "Ereignisse"), but this needs some more input, especially for events that I haven't participated in yet (e.g. Halloween and Christmas). Maybe someone who's been around for a while could have a look and add more details?

And I would have loved to add some pictures as well, but haven't figured out yet how to do this... (tbc)

• WELL DONE!<3

It was removed because I'm not sure if it is appropriate... and it seems that the German wiki should go first plus I might have to change all tenses into past tense. And one more important factor, we can only do one (or some) for newer events but have no details for any elder ones. Then what to do with those?
    Anyway, I reserved the copy on my computer so it can be put out again if you wish.

What kind of pictures are you going to add? I guess you can add plants' images via here. Just make sure you name the plants correctly. :)

<3

• Ah, thanks for the link, Shely, that looks helpful.
    I understand your thoughts and concerns about adding pages for individual events. But maybe some events would still justify an extra page with additional info? Hm, or maybe one extra page per event category (Easter, Halloween etc.)? Then we wouldn't have to worry about a lack of details for past events, we could just add whatever info we came across. Well, just a thought.
    Is there a list of priorities for the wiki (e.g. what should be updated first)?

• That sounds good. Then what detail should we add to it?

Nope. I don't think there's such a list. You can go with whatever you like, feel free to update and improve it. However you could do a list by you own then you will personally have a plan and timeline of your work.

So far I just keep the plant list update in time.

<3

• Today I had the time to work a bit more on the wiki:

- some minor corrections (Settings/Einstellungen, The Wild Garden/Der wilde Garten)
    - added pixies/Kobolde to EN + DE minigames pages
    - added midsummer walk and treasure hunt to Events/Ereignisse
    - added lots of decorations/Dekogegenstände and sorted them in alphabetical order

For the decorations page, I need some help. E.g. how do you get a table or a chair for the wintergarden? Where did the goldfish bowl come from? Or the towel? Or the oval portrait?

• Thanks, walkinslow. (Again, do you prefer we call you by another nick?)
    I made some minor changes on Event page(two more spaces to make it a sub-menu,not one).
    As for decorations and midsummer event, I personally think we should put it on after this event end. And that's why I didn't put it when I got them. But others can be added and improved.

Sorry I don't know the answers to your question. I can't remember...

<3

• Thanks for your feedback! You're right, so I removed the rewards for the ongoing event from the decorations section (will put them back later). I don't think it's a problem just to mention the event on the event page, so I left that as it was.

Some more details on events, decorations and other stuff can be found here in the forum, but it is very time consuming to search all threads and read pages and pages of comments until you finally stumble across what you were actually looking for (like a missing date). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading those posts, but don't often have the time for that kind of research. That's why I was hoping someone just remembered how they got those rewards/decorations.

Don't worry, I'm perfectly comfortable with being called walkinslow. :) If you prefer a real name, my other nick is Amanda.

• Sure. That's not problem with mentioning it in Event page. I somehow mistyped 'of' to 'and' and I didn't know why. :P So I meant decorations of midsummer event. Not and.
    There are also some decorations can be obtained in different dates, which I guess it's a make-up for newly joined users. IIRC, Easter garland can also be found this year?

<3

• There are also some decorations can be obtained in different dates, which I guess it's a make-up for newly joined users. IIRC, Easter garland can also be found this year?

I can confirm this, I just joined shortly before easter this year, and I got the garland from 2013, the small easter nest from 2012 and the easter flowerpots from 2012 along with the 2014 objects.

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I updated the FAQ page in the Wiki and here is the list of what I've done:

-Fixed expired links.
    -Updated some information.

• How many plants can I have?
    • How can I gift flowers to other players?
    • Other players have more facilities in their gardens. Why do I have only Greenhouse?

-Adjusted the order of some questions.
    -Add some lately asked and answered questions.

• How many seeds can I abandon at one time?
    • Why there is still a question mark in my Compendium even after I have raised the plant to adult?
    • When I breed two different variants, by which order will they look in lineage?

German is not in my league so I might have missed some questions scattered about the forums... Besides, could anyone check if I made some mistakes?

<3