Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Thank you for telling us! I ended up having to drop one to the AP, and then incu-hatch several others, but I managed then to get four of each of them.

I thought the one that would be in all habitats would be easier than the one in the volcano, but boy, was I wrong about that!

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Definitely not and it would have been nice to know that.

Edit: I've read the news thread and there are many players who believe that the release is glitched. The other two drop for just few seconds and the gusty one is clogging up the alpine. I hope there's going to be some kind of explanation of what's going on :/

It is a glitch, here's what TJ posted moment ago:

"

Unfortunately, an extra breed that is definitely not yet ready to release appears to have snuck into this one. Because it's not ready yet and couldn't just left as-is, I've converted all of the eggs to the new breed that is available from the same biome.

Sorry for any weirdness this is going to cause."

Site was down for a moment and now my gusty eggs are musky. I would have loved to get to keep them but at least the situation is now back to normal. Also the mass drops seem to be over.

• Yeah, I was skimming the thread while people were speculating on it, hoping there would be a post from TJ. I wasn't too surprised by his post, although I wasn't expecting any specific answer. I'm glad it worked out the way it did; too many people had been egg-locked after the first two eggs dropped, and didn't have room for the third one. I feel bad for those who dropped eggs in order to get that one, when it sort of turned vapor-ware, but it was still the most equitable action he could have taken.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• It was bit of drama, I was watching the thread too. I did abandon two muskies but since I got two muskies out of those gusties I feel like no harm done. Plus there is now lineage project started with the glitched eggs and I'm taking part on it. We call them Gustitch and I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

• They are just like normal muskies. What was said in the news thread that the glitched ones are from alpine and that is only little bit of proof that they were gusties. The time window wasn't big so the players just have to be honest about them.

I hope that makes at least some sort of sense, I just walked almost 3 km in pouring rain and I'm soaked and tired :pinch:

• I finally managed to catch 8, but it was really hard. I wasn't seeing any eggs at all in the alpine or coast areas at each 5 minute mark (I think they disappeared too fast), so the only way I could get the large ones was to go for forest. Even then I mostly saw the small ones; I think everyone was going for the larger more for some reason. Either TJ decided to make the larger ones uncommon or rare, or people just don't want pygmies.

Finally ended up with 5 of the small ones and 3 of the large ones, and I'm pretty satisfied, although I would have liked to have gotten 4 of each.

My best friend is having trouble catching any at all, but she often has trouble with these. She has a really slow internet connection, and that's just the way it is, unfortunately.

It will only get harder in a few hours as more people wake up. I was so not expecting this, but it was a nice surprise. (Even though I had to abandon two uncommon eggs - oh well, I can find more of those!)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Looking at TJ's post, it seems there might be three varieties of those big dragons and people might be thinking that it will depend on the biome. I managed to catch two from Alpine and Forest and one from Coast but I was doing this very early US time.

• Hm... it seems unlikely that the variant will depend upon the biome. He's never done that before, even with others (like the gemstones) where there are multiple variants. Usually the variants are random, which is why I never bother gendering eggs of those types, since I never know what variant they will be.

Of course, it's possible that these will be that way, but just because the rumors are that they will, doesn't make that more likely than if there weren't rumors about it.

I'm not too worried about possible variants. At least this way I know that they aren't any rarer than the other, and I figure I can pick up some of those eggs once the fuss has died down. We will know more about their rarity, of course, based on what price TJ gives them in the egg shop. And then, of course, it would be better to hope that the variant is random, or otherwise we will always be getting the same variant from the shop.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• He's never done that before.

What do you mean with that?

There are black Zyus from Alpine, pink from Coast, blue from Desert, ...

there is green Copper from Coast/Jungle, brown Copper from Volcano/Desert, red from Alpine/Forest.

Same with Pyralspites: Almandine from Alpine, Pyrope from Volcano, Spessartine from Coast.

As well as Baikala, Two-headed Lindwurms,... nearly all variants have their own biome.

• Yeah, but with the Zyus, coppers, and Pyrals the eggs themselves look different in each biome, so all players will know by sight which color the dragon will be. I don't know which ones are the other two, so I can't say. (I'm not very good with names of breeds.)

What I meant is that eggs that look ALIKE of the same breed generally it doesn't matter the biome that they're found in to determine the color. You can tell right away what color a dragon will be by the color of the egg, except for a few, and those are not determined by biome, but are completely random.

That said, I do think that these are biome related, as every single one of mine is the same color. I don't know how other players figured that out, since I can't see anything like that in the egg or hatchling descriptions, nor did TJ's post imply it that I could tell.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Oh, and since I incu-hatched mine, they're all green. Makes sense. I'll have to see what color my best friend's came out; she didn't incu-hatch hers.

At least this gives us some control over it. I can see that I'm generally going to be fogging these until 3 days, since purple is my favorite color. :)

ETA: My friend's just matured, and hers are all blue, so it definitely appears controllable. I like that; it will make lineages easier to create with them, since you can control the color of the dragons. (When you can't control the color, it just becomes frustrating, and I never bother to use those.)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (August 2, 2018 at 12:29 PM).

• It is time based for what I've been reading from the forum. Normal hatching gives blue, incubating gives green and hatching them with 3 days left gives purple. I could be wrong but that's what people in the release thread are writing :)

Hm... I hatched one with under three days left, and now that it has matured, it appears to be blue. I'm not sure what went wrong there, or if maybe the numbers are off. Maybe we have to wait for under two days left? Or does it have to be EXACTLY three days left?

ETA: Just checked the wiki, it has to be under two days, not three. Guess I'm going to have to fog them a bit longer. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif