Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• It took about 2 hours to find the relevant information (i.e. how many views are considered healthy). By that time, the eggs had already collected 100 views each, whew!, that was fast. 8o Do you think it's safe to unveil them again tomorrow? But I don't want to clutter this thread with newbie questions, so no worries, I'm willing to experiment, even if I lose some eggs in the process.

BTW, I had seen one of the new releases in the cave

Display Spoiler

("This egg is patterned with an orange flare.")

, but didn't realise it was something special, so I picked another egg. Oh well.

• As soon as you fog your dragons they should be removed from any hatchery automaticly.
    If your eggs are sick, you should get a message on top of your scroll and on the sick egg's page ("The shell of the egg seems soft, as though there's something wrong with it."). When those messages are gone, it is save to unhide them again. :)

Don´t worry about the new releases, the are quite common. If you don´t want to wait too long for your eggs to hatch you can also take eggs form the Abandoned Page (AP). :)

If you need/want any special dragon just ask. I (we) can breed (or catch) some for you. :D

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• If you put them in Eggs Around the World, even right from the beginning, they don't get views until it's safe. (maybe someone could confirm that) :) I've not been brave enough to try that though, but I have put them in after about half a day and they've been fine. The usual advice is to put them in a hatchery (or hatcheries if you prefer) when the egg is down to 6 days to go.

• I generally put my eggs only in one hatchery until they're at the 6 days 0 hours mark. The hatchery I use for those eggs is a pretty low-volume one so doesn't cause problems.

After they hit 6 days 0 hours but NO SOONER (that is, it can't say 6 days 1 hour) I put them in about three more hatcheries. Then once they hit 5 days or slightly under, I use a red dragon to incubate them, which will generally cause them to hatch immediately.

The timing may take a while to get down, though. Generally, it may be a good idea at first not to put them in any hatcheries at all for the first day. My niece used to wait until they reached the 4 day mark to put them in ANY hatchery, and she always put them in ERs. So there are really many ways to do it.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Welcome,walkinslow.lol.
    This thread is tempting..Uhm yes you can visit wiki to see all types of dragons, but be care it's spoiler:p
    Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Oh I was late. I didn't see the following page. :P

I always put my eggs into hatchery when they are ER and EATW(eggs around the world) is the only one I use, except for peak time(i.e. holiday). Most people consider it's safer to put them in after time left is under 6day 0 hour.

Blobber is right.I'm pretty sure EATW will not give fresh eggs to much view so they are safe even if you put them in there at the very beginning.(well I'm not the very right person to confirm this but I did :P .) But this is true only if the EATW is the only hatchery you used.

P.S. I was surprised that people developed soooo many projects around it at the first time I visited DC forums.xD.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

Edited 4 times, last by Shelybear (March 29, 2014 at 2:43 AM).

• I think most hatcheries are coded in a way that doesn't start giving your eggs/hatchlings views before it's safe. I'm an AP hunter, so I'm used to putting my eggs into hatcheries asap, which means that occasionally my just bred eggs will end up there as well and none of them has died yet. I think as long as you don't go putting them into every hatchery available, but confine them to only one-two, it'll be fine. And there's also the warning at the top of the page if anything does go wrong.

• I think most hatcheries are coded in a way that doesn't start giving your eggs/hatchlings views before it's safe.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. AFAIK, currently EATW is the only hatchery which checks the health status, all others will start giving views right away with no respect to the current stats. Non of the hatcheries will ER your eggs without any severe indicators, but often enough even regular view rotation can be too much for fresh eggs.

• Thank you for the warm welcome and your advice! At first, I thought I really had to collect all those views via forum posts and was worried if that would net 1000 views or more if necessary. Then I discovered the hatcheries which sped up the process considerably. ;) I also liked EATW best, but used two others as well, so if you say EATW doesn't give views to fresh eggs, then then the other two must have created all that traffic, wow. Now I've removed my eggs from any nurseries and will put them back later as you suggested.

• Well,walkinslow, you can't put your eggs or growing hatchies in your sig around DC forums. It's forbidden.
    I would probably say EATW doesn't give too much views to fresh eggs instead of not giving views :) -forget me.

Plus, silvi's Lair will not automatically remove your fogged eggs, so if you are using that one,ensure you move them out manually.
    So far as I know, EATW and AoND will remove eggs automatically after traded. Any hatcheries else? I sometimes find them keep gathering views, which I don't like to see.

Speaking of EATW, I am wondering if someone else find this problem:
    No matter how long I leave the autoviewer tab open, it always showed "You have completed the current cycle by 0 percent.You have completed 0 of 15 possible cycles today." :(
    I'd like to know what the problem is. It has been for a while(after the last maintenance, actually).

-Currently learning German-
    <3

Edited once, last by Shelybear (March 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM).

• Speaking of EATW, I am wondering if someone else find this problem:
    No matter how long I leave the autoviewer tab open, it always showed "You have completed the current cycle by 0 percent.You have completed 0 of 15 possible cycles today." :(
    I'd like to know what the problem is. It has been for a while(after the last maintenance, actually).

Randomly changing behavior of the database in between two versions. I love such things. Not! Got it repaired, though.

• Currently I´m only using two hatcheries, EATW and AoND. I incubate fresh eggs (with 7days) right after catching/breeding. Then I wait at least 6 hours till I put them in AoND first. After a day I put them in EATW. If I put the freshly incubated eggs into EATW imetiately they get too many views and sick.
    But as I´m mostly AP hunting nowadays I stick them in both right away. :)

• @Exterminans: That quote belongs to Shelybear. :) But I had the same problem at EATW, no progress in the current cycle, no matter how long I stared at that refreshing window. I had been wondering if it was some kind of early April's fool joke. ;)
    Edit: Yep, it's fixed!

idril: Will try AP next time! But I don't know how to incubate, is that the method Mia described?

• As bloober said, you need Red dragons to incubate your eggs.
    There are other BSA dragons that could come in handy: Pinks for influencing the right gender, Purples for better fertility at breeding and Magis for teleporting (trading). You might want to stock up on those over time.
    AP hunting is fun. You can get a lot of nice low time eggs there. :)