Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Thanks. I didn't know that. My problem is I have a jumpy screen and when I refresh the AP the cursor can be either on the bottom row or the one above. :D I will try though.

Have you tried turning off java script in the AP? I find it helps with the jumping when the page refreshes and it doesn't seem to affect anything else.

This mega release I think is going to be harder than a lot of the other releases. I can usually catch at least a few in the first hour but last night I thought I was never going o get one because of the horrible lag. I bet I had over a hundred tabs opened during the first twenty minutes and not a single catch!

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• I always turn off Javascript (and set the page to No Style) in the cave when there's a new release, but not in the AP. I'll try that. Did you get an egg today? You're welcome to one of mine. :D
    People were getting messages today about NOT turning off javascript though and I got all mine on IE without doing it. (Don't know how to)

• Thanks but I did finally manage to get three eggs, just took a lot longer than usual. :D

I am getting the message about javascript needing to be on and I'm not happy about TJ forcing the issue.
    If I get jumpy pages in the biomes while I'm trying to hunt tonight I'm going to be really :cursing:, I can't stand the jumpy twitchy pages, they give me a headache. I had all but quit hunting in the AP just for that reason until someone told me to try it with javascript off, made a huge difference.
    Guess we'll just have to see how it goes tonight. I can't imagine if it goes badly TJ will keep it and PO a big chunk of the user base, at least I hope not... :(

• I think there was mention it had something to do with the ads maybe? I'm not really sure, but maybe he wants enough revenue generated to be able to focus solely on DC. Still it sucks, and if it makes the catching too difficult he'll lose players, so kind of self defeating IMO.
    We'll see. 4 more hours...

• If you turn off Javascript then you're turning off the ads, and that's how DC can stay free. He forces it, because I think a lot of people ALWAYS keep it off so they can snag eggs faster than anyone else.

He's trying to A) keep those people from being hogs, and B) make it so DC stays solvent.

I was a little irritated when I saw that today, but at least I can be philosophical that now EVERYONE has to do it. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• The fifth day of our seven day event brings us this versatile breed, complete with three alts. You can find them in any biome. Remember, they’re permanent—so take your time!
    This egg gleams with a reddish shine.

Edited once, last by Kintara (May 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM).

• 3 variants? That's 6 eggs to get. It won't be today then. :D

Aargh! The eggs are different, but with the same description.

I got 3

Just found this on the Wiki
    Brown-ish/Purple-ish colored alt can be found in the Desert/Volcano Biome.
    Red-ish/Coppery colored alt can be found in the Alpine/Forest Biome.
    Green-ish/Blue-ish colored alt can be found in the Coast/Jungle Biome.

Edited 2 times, last by blobber (May 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM).

• Yeah, and I haven't seen ANY of them in any of the biomes. The "Currently being released" page indicates that they may be rare, like golds and silvers, and I don't doubt it. Other days the biomes were occasionally flooded with the new eggs, but the fact that I'm seeing regular eggs in all of the biomes and none of the new ones... not a good sign.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• It might. But new pinks, magis and purples can also be found everywhere and are not rare at all. And with these it's two habitats per variant, which sounds common to me. However, I must admit that their being copper with tarnished/corroded alts does make sense. Anyway, only time will tell...

I'd like to trade this black rose for another black with same-colour parents!

Edited once, last by Kelandra (May 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM).