Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• It probably is. The Dragcave server is returning some weird stuff as far as I can tell which neither fits the released documentation nor the current draft.

• Um... Dustpuppy, what are you talking about? If it's something from the DC forums, could you link it? Because right now I'm lost; it seems like you're in the middle of a conversation of which I've never heard the first part. :(

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Um... Dustpuppy, what are you talking about? If it's something from the DC forums, could you link it? Because right now I'm lost; it seems like you're in the middle of a conversation of which I've never heard the first part. :(

Sorry - here it is: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161108

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• Ah, so I wasn't seeing things. I only visited briefly today and though I saw the word 'Jungle' at my egg's page, but didn't have time to go back and check it. I'm more interested in seeing what the encyclopedia will be like though.

• Yeah, I'm not so sure about it either. If you take a break for a few months, it shouldn't make your dragons lose their names. But then, it's not something automatic; you'll only lose a name if someone also wants it. I tend to give my dragons names that include their code, so none of mine would ever get snagged from me.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I hope there won't be any drama like "you stole my name, give it back!".
    But I think it's still better than the way it used to be, where you lost ALL names after a period of inactivity, even if no one else wanted any of the names, and better than letting a scroll keep all names even if the player hasn't been back for years (I think that's how it was for a while), which was frustrating for all the active players looking for names.
    My favourite solution would be to allow more than one dragon to have the same name, but I can see how that could lead to confusion too...

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• The new biome feature is pretty cool c: You can steal names for your dragons? To be honest, that's going to be a bit of a pain... can you get them back or somehow prevent them from being stolen by any chance? Although I guess its better than just losing all your names after being inactive for a while.

My Garden :

My Scroll:

Edited once, last by Clara (May 16, 2014 at 5:15 PM).

• If I understood it correctly..The name stealing thing is that you can only 'steal' a name from an inactive user, which means yours cannot be stolen if you are active (and I read from somewhere that no login of 8 weeks will be considered as inactive). And it will only affect the names that are desired by other users. So let's say you named your dragon by your own naming scheme, and others will probably never use your scheme, then your names are safe at all. Only those popular names (like Sherlock Holmes) will risk being stolen.

-Currently learning German-
    <3

• Well, any name CAN be stolen, it's just unlikely that some would be. Like, as Shelybear said, "Sherlock Holmes" might be wanted, but "Sherlock Holmes xxxxx" (where xxxxx is a specific last name that a particular user always uses) probably would not be.

I now always add the code to the names I give my dragons (so I can track them for breeding, and so that I don't have to worry that a name is already taken), and no one else is going to want QOILb as part of their dragon's name, for instance. So, for instance I named one of my dragons "Guardian of the Heart nu9uV". Where "Guardian of the Heart" might be wanted (or already taken), by me adding his dragon code, I'm pretty safe. :)

I do have a few older dragons with unique names that don't have codes, and I would have to worry about those. I'll just have to hope that no one has those names on a wishlist. :(

94911.pngKokpD.gif