Garden Helpers - Discussion thread

• Thank you Dracaena. I didn't even know that such sites exist. Really interesting. :)

To something different:

I need your help. I just recogniced that the child of two of my flowers seems to be in a garden that was given up. ;( Not even really played.

That makes me really miserable. ;( I think i won't breed for the wild garden anymore ... that is such a pitty, the poor seed ... ;(

74637.png69634.png72388.png- ---..- .. . ...........1080348.png1080247.png1080193.png1079789.png
    Flowergame-Name: Sahra - - - - - - - - ---- -- Please help them growing/Bitte hilf ihnen zu wachsen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ----- - -- - -  :thumbup: Thank you/Danke

• We now have a backbiting Dandelion in gruenkern's post (Oh the luck) :rolleyes:

Alia - Now that you've put the idea out there, I find I'm actually disappointed every time I go to water & find absolutely no change in those Hearts of Valentine's. I've even tried talking encouragingly to them (there's nothing wrong with talking to plants even in pixel form) :whistling:

Lorell - It's always sad when someone doesn't take as much care with something of yours as you would of theirs. It may take a while but your seed has come to the right place now 8)

• I would like to say ... (And anyone who uses snap-links to open flowergame links, and then closes the link without looking at the page, does us no good because they have to click a button on the page they've opened in order to actually see and water the flower.)

Just an FYI, this doesn't apply if you play the game and are logged in while clicking links on Yarould's. They will open right up without the extra click. I use this strategy for several games that require it.

Ardath is right, though, you really have to check the pages for interactions that might be required and, every once in a while, they will slip in a HAT (Human Awareness Test) to make sure there are not bots. However all this does is remove the links that require interaction if your HAT percentage is below 25%, which will limit how many links you have to click and thus how many credits you can get. I don't use yarould's for this game as i can log on with my phone and check my water/sun levels throughout the day.

• (And anyone who uses snap-links to open flowergame links, and then closes the link without looking at the page, does us no good because they have to click a button on the page they've opened in order to actually see and water the flower.)

I don't understand - what button do you have to click? ?( I don't think I've ever clicked on a button for flowergame before, just the link.

I was mentioning SnapLinks in referrence to flowergame, not Yarolds', btw. I was on Yarold's for over a year and am well aware of HATs. ;)

• I don't understand - what button do you have to click? ?( I don't think I've ever clicked on a button for flowergame before, just the link.

I was mentioning SnapLinks in referrence to flowergame, not Yarolds', btw. I was on Yarold's for over a year and am well aware of HATs. ;)

I was thinking of it in terms of Yarold's usage, probably because other people were bringing up Yarold's at the same time and I thought that's what you meant regarding SnapLinks -- Yarold's users who click on a FlowerGame link don't get sent directly to the flower's page, but hit an interim page first. Unless they stop and click on a button on that page, they never see the flower and it never gets any dew. This was actually true for me when I clicked FlowerGame links over there, even if I was signed in.

Actual FlowerGame members just using it to open links quickly in the Garden Helpers thread shouldn't have any trouble -- not enough links to really cause a problem -- but my caution was more aimed at anyone who was thinking of taking it over to Yarold's and using it there to build up click credits, since there are often a hundred or more links on the Yarold's page and many of them lead to Flash-heavy pages -- opening those all at once could potentially kill a computer's graphics card.

• I was thinking of it in terms of Yarold's usage, probably because other people were bringing up Yarold's at the same time and I thought that's what you meant regarding SnapLinks -- Yarold's users who click on a FlowerGame link don't get sent directly to the flower's page, but hit an interim page first. Unless they stop and click on a button on that page, they never see the flower and it never gets any dew. This was actually true for me when I clicked FlowerGame links over there, even if I was signed in.

Actual FlowerGame members just using it to open links quickly in the Garden Helpers thread shouldn't have any trouble -- not enough links to really cause a problem -- but my caution was more aimed at anyone who was thinking of taking it over to Yarold's and using it there to build up click credits, since there are often a hundred or more links on the Yarold's page and many of them lead to Flash-heavy pages -- opening those all at once could potentially kill a computer's graphics card.

Yes, I can see that for the heavy Flash pages. I'm glad I could use it without a problem on mine though. It just seems like you saved so much time using SnapLinks there. I know I did, and yet I still managed to keep a good score where the HATs were concerned. Its like every thing else, you just have to know how it works to make it work for you.

• And now white clover and Christmas cactus from Gwen's post are fully grown, while snappy tree stump from Lorell's post has sprouted.
    Edit - all Halloween plants in Lorell's post have sprouted.

Edited once, last by Alia (October 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM).

• So did the Jack-o'lantern, but for some reason I cannot see the picture of the fully grown plant, so here is the direct link. If you click it, you get the message that it is grown but no picture: http://flowergame.net/view/36329

Edit - you can see the grown jack-o-lantern now and audrey is also fully grown.

Edit2 - and now the Christmas tree and poinsettia from Gwen's post are fully grown. All remains is one cactus.

Edited 2 times, last by Alia (October 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM).