Picking up and Abandoning Seeds

• Can I ask, very politely, for people not to keep picking up seeds and abandoning them continuously? It seems that almost every Bleeding Heart I come across in the Wild Garden is an abandoned one by the same person who first picked them up. May I ask if there is a certain seed that is being seeked that requires them all to be picked up and abandoned, seemingly with enthusiasm?
    I would prefer any seeds I pick up in the Wild Garden not to have a dozen names attached to them so I would very much appreciate it if some Bleeding Hearts seeds without names attached can be left for others. Thank you.

• would be nice, if anyone has a problem with the way I play to PM me first instat opening a discussion in the forum. thank you :thumbdown:

to topic
    It is not forbidden, to look for older seeds and I am not the only one who does it. So it is new for me, that some persons have a problem with this. But to calm you, all my Flowerpotts are full, so next time you have virgin bleeding hearts

• It is not forbidden, to look for older seeds and I am not the only one who does it. So it is new for me, that some persons have a problem with this. But to calm you, all my Flowerpotts are full, so next time you have virgin bleeding hearts

If you want older seeds, look at their numbers. The lower the number the older the seed. BTW, if you are first to take the seed, the date shown will be of the first "picking up" not of the date of creation.

• Someone pointed out to me that, especially with plants that have different variants, you can pick up a seed, check the compendium to see if you caught a different variant from what you have and dump it if it doesn't, is the main reason people catch and drop seeds. Don't know if that's true since I haven't tried it myself...or if that was what was actually happening. Can someone tell me if that's possible to check in the compendium when you catch a seed?

• Someone pointed out to me that, especially with plants that have different variants, you can pick up a seed, check the compendium to see if you caught a different variant from what you have and dump it if it doesn't, is the main reason people catch and drop seeds. Don't know if that's true since I haven't tried it myself...or if that was what was actually happening. Can someone tell me if that's possible to check in the compendium when you catch a seed?

I can't tell you - this is the first I've heard of it.

I have to admit, I LOVE it when I get a seed that is already watered! ^^ However, I can understand others wanting one that is "originally theirs". (Or whatever you want to call it.)

I sort of feel this has to do with wanting parentless seeds and that, I understand is a carry over from Dragon Cave, or something like that. I feel it is a shame that it's been carried over from another game. I am with RedSquirrel - I like seeds with a certain amount of history.

Quote from Exterminans

From now on, you may use the "abandon"-action only a limited number of times per day. If you exceed the limit, abandoning will fail for the next 24 hours.

Die "Auswildern"-Aktion kann pro Tag nur noch beschränkt oft genutzt werden. Wenn das Limit überschritten wird, ist Auswildern für die nächsten 24 Stunden nicht mehr möglich.

Well, it looks like they have taken action for you already, calenlass. :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by truelinor (February 24, 2012 at 2:31 AM).

• Well, it looks like they have taken action for you already, calenlass. :thumbup:

Oh wow, I didn't want that to happen, having a limit on dumping seeds. It's kinda like a double-edge sword that if someone who like me wants to have a "non-historic plant"(or whatever you call it) and picked up the same number of seeds that other people have dumped, we'd be stuck with that seed for 24 hours. It's not actually the "plant with history" part that's bothering me, it's the mess of names in the plant history that takes up all that space on the plant page. I'm sure some people will be really happy to know that Person A has picked up the same seed 6 times before a few someone else's have done the same but the reason I go to the Wild Garden is to get a plant with no history, and nurture and give that plant a home in my garden. It makes it easier to trade it later too because I'm sure people put a higher value on plants with no history whatsoever.

I think the best would be to do away with that part of the history, that way we won't know how many people have picked it up before us, but I guess that wouldn't satisfy people who like history on their plants :P

No, you can't see in your compendium if you pick up a variation if you don't grow the plant.

• No, you can't see in your compendium if you pick up a variation if you don't grow the plant.

Actually, this works with the biting dandelion, since it has its own entry in the compendium (at least in mine). But only once, after you got the plant gifted.

• Actually, this works with the biting dandelion, since it has its own entry in the compendium (at least in mine). But only once, after you got the plant gifted.

Yes, I can confirm it works with biting dandelion, but only first time (I actually used this method when breeding my dandelions for my first biting alt). After that, when the entry is already there in your compendium, there is no way to tell what the seed will become.

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• weired happening...
    frankly i understand just little bit of saying in this thread but anyway why take the seeds before check the information of it then get sure to take care of it? actually we're know some ppl want there 'own plant' and even if that ppl is just one person, i think that wish have to be respected, couse that isn't a bad thing at all.
    if you seeking some specic seed, go to the wild garden and move the cursor on seed and just get the number of that seed (no click!), and write the addredss of it. so you can see all the page of any seed and plant. there's no need to take that seed/plant.

• Seeds and flowers are showing tooktips? I'm so happy by using firefox. title-tooltips ans so on I do blend off in the chrome-files. If I want to see title's, I can select the objects and than do a look into the source. But I don't need title's. Parentles yes or not is not my problem. If a seed shows parents, perhaps it it tells me his live-way-story? ^^

[align=center]