Posts by urusta

[spoiler]I agree with varnayrah. For people who do not have that plant it is really unfair. If someone only got one of these plants, I am not sure the price would be rewarding. (you can see it in my wintergarden and judge for yourself)
    /spoiler]

Oh, so many dragcave users here?

May I ask how you usually try to catch eggs? I got my share of eggs in the evening, after only getting one in the morning. Now I am waiting for them to hatch in hopes of getting some more :) I usually disable images and javascript to improve the crappy speed of my connection and then open like 30 tabs to get a few eggs.

As this would be a shortcut to what I am doing: I am all for it :D
    Now back to my customary lurking. I apologize for pouncing on this topic like this, I have been a bit belligerent lately.

Seriously Aztekior, I really don´t see the big issue here.
    I already stated, that the method I described works for firefox, that when you hover over the seed you get a the link (it is usually at the bottom of the browser not in the vicinity of the flower, the one that reads something like http://flowergame.net/flowers/take/XXXXX). If it does not work for you, you could try another browser, as some people do for games they are attached to. Or you do not hover but leftclick on the seed, copy the link location and change take to view in the address bar. Either way it is easy to generate the view link. Of course it takes some typing, but not that much.
    That way people can check, there would be no need for a special nursery for abandoned plants. Those who care can easily check. If one has the time to refresh the site for 50 times to get a seed, they could do this as well in my opinion.

No. The wild is the wild. Why some people do abnandone for reserving plants in between a event time? Please do not so. The time before some people did so "wrong", we hadn't any problem. First now it is. And first now I'm hoping for a nursery.Yes. Please do not abandone event plats in between the event time. Only then we have no problems.

Maybe I did not quite understand what you meant by this, but are you not saying that people should not abandon seeds during the event? Seeds they just bred for others, so they can get one. Are you not saying this because you want to have parentless flowers when you pick something up from the wild? Maybe I completely misunderstood what you meant, but this is the way I understand it. You are telling people not to breed and abandon event-plants, because you want to get parentless flowers.
    Seeing as others have understood it that way as well (for example in the event thread "Of course, there are people like Aztekior, who think no one should ever breed seeds and abandon them, even if they are event flowers, because after all, it's better not to have any than to have one with parents."), I guess it was difficult to understand what you mean.

I say it now, as I have been thinking it the whole time: This is a game, it is supposed to be fun and not taken that serious.

I´m sorry.
    Actually, there have been no real decisions yet.

If it is any help, here is a rough translation of my first post, or rather my position. A translation of my second post would not be very helpful, as I am directly answering to Aztekior. But, truthfully, I more or less wrote the same in my second post...

I do not really get the problem some people have. It is in fact possible to check, whether a seed has a lineage or not before picking it up, by manually typing the number of the plant into the view link of one of your flowers. You can get the number by hovering over the seed and looking at the take-link. Substitute that number for the number of your plant and you can check the plant without picking it up. That way you would not need to abandon it or, worse, trash it. If you do not want to do that for whatever reason, well, your own problem.

I for one disagree with forcing ones own play style on others by demanding that they do not breed their plants at specific times, just because some do not want to have lineaged seeds.

Urusta, hier wird beim Hovern gar nichts angezeigt. Mir wäre dein beschriebener "Weg" ganz einfach zu aufwändig. Wenn das hier realisierbar wäre, ich würde so nicht tun. Wieviele Pflanzen hast du bisher auf deine Methode betrachtet? Selbst wenn das regelmäßig mehr als 10 Pflanzen sein sollten, steht es dir nicht zu, den vermeindlichen, deinen persönlich bemessenen Stab über andere zu brechen.Wieso wurde hier ganz bewusst sehr deutlich gesprochen? Der Grund ist exakt bekannt gegeben worden. Ich lese von dir keine sachbezogene Argumentation. Dennoch schreibst du sehr viel. Bitte, die eigene Nase ist die wichtige Nase.

Du brichst "deinen persönlich bemessenen Stab" aber hier ganz gewaltig über andere, indem du ihnen vorschreiben möchtest ob und wie sie zu züchten haben, damit es deiner Spielweise entspricht. Nutze solche Ausdrücke bitte nicht, da aus ihnen keine gesunde Diskussion erwachsen können, genauso wenig wie aus unnütz harschen Worten.

Meine Antwort gibt meine Ansicht zu der Diskussion hier wieder (nämlich dass ich die Probleme von manchen hier nicht verstehe, da sie ohne Schwierigkeiten umgangen werden können). Sie war so lang um deutlich zu machen was ich meine. Warum sie für dich inhaltslos erscheinen mag, weiß ich nicht, da sie es nicht ist. Sie bezieht sich sehr genau auf diese Sache, da manche Nutzer Pflanzen vernichten, da sie einen Stammbaum haben, weil sie vor dem klicken nicht nachsehen, ob die Pflanze einen Stammbaum hat. Kintara hat bereits bestätigt, dass meine erklärte Methode klappt, die ich, wenn Bedarf besteht, auch dutzende Male durchführe. Wenn es dir zu aufwändig ist, dann ist das dein Problem, dann kannst du dich aber nicht beschweren Pflanzen aufzunehmen, die einen Stammbaum haben, nur weil du zu bequem warst nachzusehen.

Kintara: Nichts zu danken. Ich freue mich wenn ich helfen kann. :)

I´ll admit it, I am lazy today, so no english here.

Ich habe jetzt hier was gelesen und verstehe wirklich ganz und gar nicht wo das Problem liegt.

Wenn ich nur Pflanzen ohne Eltern möchte, dann kann ich das doch ohne Schwierigkeiten heraus finden. (Zumindest in firefox, keine Ahnung wie das bei anderen geht) das ist zwar vielleicht was umständlich, aber bevor hier in solch einer Art über andere geschrieben wird, sollte man einfach einen kleinen Umweg machen.

Wer nicht weiß was ich meine: Wenn man mit der Maus über einem Samen im wilden Garten schwebt, dann kann man den Link sehen, der sich öffnen wird, wenn man klickt. Dieser Link beinhaltet die Nummer der Pflanze. Diese Nummer merkt man sich nun, geht in seinen Garten, klickt eine der eigenen Pflanzen an und tippt händisch die Nummer ein. Schon gelang man auf die Seite der Pflanze ohne sie aufzunehmen und kann dort nachsehen was für eine es ist.

Da das ganze so einfach ist und auch schnell genug ist, verstehe ich wirklich nicht, warum hier mit so einem Groll gegen andere Spieler geschrieben wird. Jeder hat seine Spielphilosophie, der eine mag lieber Pflanzen ohne Eltern, der andere mit, der nächste will sich überraschen was er bekommt und überprüft nicht vorher welchen Kern er aufnimmt. So lange nirgendwo Regeln stehen ist jeder dieser Spielarten genauso berechtigt wie die anderen.

Zu dem Punkt, dass manche schon zu Beginn ihre Pflanzen züchten und verlassen: Bei JEDEM Event, so weit ich mich erinnern kann, gab es bislang mindestens eine Person die geschrieben hat, dass keine Pflanzen mehr da wären. Wenn nun jemand aus Nettigkeit ein paar Pflanzen züchtet, damit wieder was da ist, dann ist da nichts egoistisches dran. Eher im Gegenteil.

I have another idea: Would it be possible, to make the first seeds of the event the ones someone is missing in their compendium (I mean script wise) since we have a limited time to get the trees. This way, everyone who raises enough plants will have at least one of each event variant. This would even help new players, who may still need all variants.

Although I have the feeling, that with the Christmas event this year we already have a guaranteed tree of the new variant from the post pixie.But that is just speculation.

If one wants to get more, they will have to take the chance and get more and see what they get, or try to trade for the ones they want.

Awww, don´t be so pesimistic, Christmas is still some time away. This year, the breeding of the trees has started really early and we can get more than 3-4 batches of the trees, before Christmasday has even arrived.
    I don´t know about others, but I will make sure to stick to my tradition of checking gardens of others and gift people variants of event plants they did not get. Christmas is about sharing joy and having fun! :)

Naaah, no need to feel bad. It is just natural that you would like to be part of a discussion^^

From what I see right now, no one is against a random chaos thread with mangled languages. So feel free to join with some random thoughts. They do not need to be helpful or anything, just random prattle.

Ach lass den News ihre Zeit... Ich fänds gar nicht schlimm, wenn man das angekündigte Event auf Halloween nun legen würde. Dann hat man da direkt mehr zu tun :D Ich bin mal gespannt was es alles für verschiedene Arten an neuen Variationen für Halloween geben wird.