• Halloween is coming.
    The upcoming event seems to provide some excitement for the pumpkins too. You will be surprised what happens when you breeding them the next two weeks.

Also we have a pumpkin carving contest. Post a picture of your greatest Jack-o'lantern you've made. To prevent picture stealing, the foto must including a sign with your ingame name on it. Send your picture at halloween@flowergame.net until the 1. November. The winner pumpkin will be created as next years Jack-o'lantern.

Halloween rückt näher. Das bevorstehende Ereignis scheint bei den Kürbissen für einige Aufregung zu sorgen. Lasst euch überraschen was passiert wenn ihr sie die nächsten zwei Wochen untereinander kreuzt.
    Zudem gibt es einen Kürbisschnitzwettbewerb. Postet ein Bild von eurem großartigsten Schnitzkürbis. Um Bilderdiebstahl zu verhindern, muss das Foto ein Schild mit eurem Ingame Namen darauf enthalten. Sendet euer Bild bis zum 1. November an halloween@flowergame.net. Der Gewinnerkürbis wird der Schreckenskürbis für das nächste Jahr.

• Yes!!! It has begun :D My pumpkins behaved, I have bred 3 Jack-o-Lantern seeds :D Only one from last year's Jack-o-Lantern x Regular Pumpkin, and two from regular pumpkin pairs :) I'm so happy about this Halloween event :D
    Also, I have a question: When will the new special plant become available? And how long will it stay?

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

Edited once, last by lorimmel (October 24, 2011 at 12:22 AM).

• Oh wir *gequälten* ^^ Schrebergärtner. Alles blieb im Nebel des *schrecklichen* Geheimnisses, und dann gelang Nisha auch noch im letzten Augenblick der Schleier der Verwirrung :P . Nein, es braucht keine 12 Kürbisse, wenn man alle Möglichkeiten nutzen will. Auch der direkte Newcomer kann dank dem schrecklich wilden Garten voll am Geschehen teilnehmen.

... Und irgendwie denke ich, die glorreiche Idee hat sich erst vor kurzem spontan eingestellt. Habt großen Dank. Ihr seid die Meister. :thumbup: :thumbup:

========================================

Oh we *obsessedly* ^^ Schreber-gardener. Everything remained in the fog of the *terribly* secret, and then Nisha still succeeded at the last minute the veil of the confusion :P . No, it does not need 12 pumpkins, if one wants to use all possibilities. Also the direct newcomer can against the terribly wild garden fully take part at the events.

... And anyhow I think, only a short time ago the glorious idea has spontaneously appeared. Have big thanks. You are the masters. :thumbup: :thumbup:

[align=center]

• Aztekior, you will need more pumpkins. The 12 you mention is only true if you get a Jack-o-Lantern from each breeding. Actually, I ALREADY used 12 pumpkins (3 jack-o-lanterns and 9 regular ones) to get my 3 special seeds. Three pairs procuced a regular pumpkin. Also, we will probably have to drop Jack-o-Lanterns from the second breeding to get the new halloween plant on 31 October ;) The second batch of Jack-o-Lanterns will sprout between 8:30 p.m. (31 October) and somewhere on 1st November ;) And 1st November may be already too late.
    Ah and by the way, has anyone seen Jack-o-Lanterns in the Wild Garden? I'm all good with my three seeds, but I'm just curious :P

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

Edited once, last by lorimmel (October 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM).

• I just found 3 Jack-O-Lantern seeds in the Wild! And I was confused about the 12 pumpkin thing, too... I want to try to breed my four regular pumpkins when the three seeds are no longer seeds!

• sry, my English was tooo bad.
    My 5 pumpkins + my 1 Jack-O-Lantern was breeding 3 Jack-O-Lantern seeds.
    If not where Jack-O-Lantern seeds in the wild garden, than I would need:
    In 4 days 6 other pumpkins.
    And how is it in reality now?:
    In 4 days I will can find the next 3 Jack-O-Lantern. The wild garde has ist.
    So is it the maximum, which is going. ... Do a look at the smielies, which I was placing. We all can ba so very happy. Also every Newcomer has the full chanc. All is good, Halloween will be *schauerlich* :P . That was it, what I meant. :)

[align=center]

• Wow, so much confusion. So, Jack-O-Lanterns are in the Wild Garden and can be gotten by breeding too, yes? And what is this 12 pumpkin thing?

Let me quote Exterminans on this:

Uhm, actually breeding IS the only way to get last years halloween special plant.

Considering this information, me, Aztekior (and probably many other people) assumed Jack-o-Lanterns can only be bred. On 24 October one could breed 6 pumpkins (3 pairs) to get 3 seeds, and on 28 October another 6 pumpkins to get 3 new seeds as soon as the first ones sprout. So this is where "12 pumpkin thing" comes from.
    But apparently the mods changed their mind and we have Jack-o-Lantern freely available in the Wild Garden. We still don't know if it will be identical to last year's Lack-o-Lantern, but it's under the same entry in my Compedium, so I would say yes.

Edit: Ninja'd by Aztekior :D

• So you were just figuring out the most you could possibly breed in the period of time given, is that it?

I got to thinking about why anyone would want 12 pumpkins, and when I redid my Atrium to make it look more fall-ish, I figured I could use them for a pumpkin patch. I think that would be really neat! So now I have a whole new way of collecting!

• So you were just figuring out the most you could possibly breed in the period of time given, is that it?

I got to thinking about why anyone would want 12 pumpkins, and when I redid my Atrium to make it look more fall-ish, I figured I could use them for a pumpkin patch. I think that would be really neat! So now I have a whole new way of collecting!

Yes, exactly, we wanted to breed the maximum number of Jack-o-Lanterns before 31 October. First 6 pumpkins could produce 3 special seeds on 24 October, but on 28 Oct they would be still on cooldown (which lasts 7 days), so that's why we would need another 6 pumpkins :P

• There are very few jack-o-laterns in the wild garden, but they are gone within a few minutes so breeding is the recommended way if you want to get one. Besides that, breeding them might have other advantages over collection parentless ones.

• There are very few jack-o-laterns in the wild garden, but they are gone within a few minutes so breeding is the recommended way if you want to get one. Besides that, breeding them might have other advantages over collection parentless ones.

Now I´m curious what that means. :rolleyes:

I bred two pumpkins myself and got one from the Wild Garden. :)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Yay!!! This can mean only one thing :D The bred ones ARE alts \o/
    Thank you for making it so much fun :D This is way more than anyone of us has expected!
    *Goes to send one of her parentless Jack-o'Lanterns to the Wild Garden and to breed herself a new alt-to-be*
    Have I said thank you? Thank you thank you thank you :love: :love: :love:

• dto. Ich kann nicht rausfinden, was es bedeutet. ;(

Aztekior, I cannot think about any other explanation. They MUST BE ALTS :D If the bred ones were the same as garden-born ones, Exterminans wouldn't mention "other advantages", and wouldn't say 'Spoiler' in the help thread I started. But it's only my feeling, if you have other ideas please share them. It's a very exciting topic :)